Pet Peeve rants.

My dandruff shampoo smells like I'm rubbing creamy rotten eggs into my hair! :puke:
I don't know if you're using a prescription shampoo, so if it is disregard this suggestion. If not, then try Nizoral. I used to use it when it was a prescription medicine, but now it's OTC. It smells nice and worked well on my scalp.

I used to use Nizoral too. But for some reason, it stopped being sold anywhere near me. The next best shampoo I found that works smells like rotting skunk sphincter.

Nizoral has gone back on sale, though it is not always easy to find. It is imported from … Italy, I think? And it was off the market for a while probably because of some FDA/tariff thing.
If not, there are prescription shampoos that are available with 2% ketoconazole (OTC Nizoral is just 1%) assuming you can get a prescription and have a decent copay, since OTC Nizoral is about $18/bottle. Nizoral is the only -azole shampoo on the market, the rest use tar, pyrithione zinc, or salicylic acid as their main ingredient.

Source: I use zinc-based shampoo, Kati uses Nizoral, and we live < 10mi from Perrigo, which is where pretty much all the generic ketoconazole shampoo gets made here in the USA.

--Patrick

I used to use Nizoral too. But for some reason, it stopped being sold anywhere near me. The next best shampoo I found that works smells like rotting skunk sphincter.
I have psoriasis, not dandruff, so I don't know if this is relevant, but what I discovered works better than any dandruff shampoo is tea tree oil. I use a shampoo now that's tea tree oil and mint, and I've been completely flake free. It also smells wonderful, and leaves my scalp and skin feeling so good.

I have psoriasis, not dandruff, so I don't know if this is relevant, but what I discovered works better than any dandruff shampoo is tea tree oil. I use a shampoo now that's tea tree oil and mint, and I've been completely flake free. It also smells wonderful, and leaves my scalp and skin feeling so good.
That's a good point. Before you start throwing shampoos at your head, find out what you have. "Dandruff" can be caused by Lots Of Things. Excessively dry scalp, fungal infection, psoriasis, dermatitis, allergies, etc.

Also re: the relative scarcity of Nizoral: Ketoconazole also works to inhibit testosterone, so another reason for its lack of availability may be due to its frequent use as a weapon against baldness and the tendency of such people to hoard it.

--Patrick

Cajungal

Staff member
People who talk about Paleo or Atkins while I'm trying to eat my damn sandwich at lunchtime.

In a whiny, "I miss bread" kind of way. No one's putting a gun to your head. Have an open faced sandwich and then go for a run like a normal person.

Well, yeah, that's entirely what Atkins sets out to do. It messes up your body chemistry and hijacks your metabolism.
It's a solution that, to me, makes as much sense as "sanitized tapeworms." Sure, it'll work, but you'll create ... other problems.

--Patrick

It's a solution that, to me, makes as much sense as "sanitized tapeworms." Sure, it'll work, but you'll create ... other problems.

--Patrick
I'm pretty sure when I first heard about it, WAAAY back when, it was only used in clinics to rapidly drop the weight of patients that were too heavy for surgery.

Your bathroom scale can not tell your weight to the nearest 0.1 kg or 0.2 lb, stop trying to tell me that it can. Read your manual and look at the certificate of accuracy or compliance. It's right there at the back in small print, ±1 kg or ±1% of indicated value over 100 kg. Resolution is not the same as accuracy.

No, your cheap torque wrench is not just as good as Snap-On, it's better suited to be used as a boat anchor.

fade

Staff member
I know I said it in this thread before, but damn, posts that begin with a condescending "Uh...." or "Um....." are still one of my biggest pet peeves. RL too, but most people are too chicken to do that stuff face to face.

I know I said it in this thread before, but damn, posts that begin with a condescending "Uh...." or "Um....." are still one of my biggest pet peeves. RL too, but most people are too chicken to do that stuff face to face.
Um.....this is about me, isn't it?

When people see my sons cyst and immediately ask about, and after I explain what it is they always reply with "Oh god bless him"
No. Just no. I hate it. It annoys me all to hell and I struggle to not snap at them.

When someone is going door to door trying to sell shit and they corner me as I'm getting out of my car so I can't actually avoid them. NO I'M NOT GOING TO GET WHATEVER YOU WANT ME TO GET, NOW I ACTUALLY HAVE TO HAVE A SOCIAL INTERACTION WITH YOU! GO AWAY!

At first I had assumed that picture was taken just to showcase the aftermath of an unfortunate faceplant.

--Patrick
Nope lol just a cyst that doesn't harm him :) it also bothers me when people feel the need to share their own stories about someone they know with a cyst or f they have one. Like seriously people, no. Just no thanks.

Nope lol just a cyst that doesn't harm him :) it also bothers me when people feel the need to share their own stories about someone they know with a cyst or f they have one. Like seriously people, no. Just no thanks.
"Ugh, your child is hogging all of the attention that I want all for myself. I'm now going to bore you to death with a barely-related tangent to control the conversation."

Television shows made after 2011 that have Red/blue 3-D glasses. They do not make those anymore, they are irrelevant, REMOVE THEM FROM POP CULTURE!

Television shows made after 2011 that have Red/blue 3-D glasses. They do not make those anymore, they are irrelevant, REMOVE THEM FROM POP CULTURE!
They don't?
I know people don't really use red/GREEN glasses any longer, but red/blue?
@Null I'm actually asking the question seriously.

--Patrick

Last edited:
They don't?
I know people don't really use red/GREEN glasses any longer, but red/blue?
@Null I'm actually asking the question seriously.

--Patrick
I guess that depends on if you consider cyan to be blue or green. The standard form for most cheap 3D glasses is red and cyan.

You are such a fucking pedant.
Sure, I can be. But I hate miscommunication. Absolutely despise it.
That's why I requested that Yoshi confirm his apparent inability to procure red/blue glasses. I wanted to know whether they had been deprecated.
I then related my personal previous difficulty with sourcing red/green glasses (since everyone under 50 seems to assume that red/blue glasses were the only kind ever), and tried to explain to you why that would matter (i.e., for truly old movie viewing).
I am sorry that my personality trait(s) trips your personal trigger. I got no beef with you at all.

--Patrick

Last edited: