Peanut Butter

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Laurelai

I looked at the calorie count on lower fat PB vs regular PB..... same calories. Wtf? So I eat regular PB.

2 cups roasted peanuts
1 1/2 teaspoons peanut oil or olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sugar

Steps

1. Pour 2 cups of roasted peanuts into a food processor bowl that has metal food processor blade attached.
2. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil. Cover the bowl with the food processor lid and chop up the peanuts continuously for 2 to 3 minutes or until the mixture forms a ball.
3. Scrape down the food processor bowl, if needed, when processing the peanuts.
4. Taste the freshly made peanut butter and add a touch of salt, if needed.
5. Add small quantities of brown sugar or molasses for a sweeter taste.
6. Spoon peanut butter into a jar and seal. Store in the refrigerator.

I've gone to a wholefoods and an HEB where they had grinders that made the peanut butter right there that you could put into containers and buy according to weight. They had cashews, regular peanuts and honey roasted peanuts. It was amazing!

C

Chibibar

I love wholefoods.

They have the nummiest (not a word) honey cashew "peanut butter" mmmmmmmmmmmm I just wish it doesn't cost like 6$ a jar.

phil said:
I've gone to a wholefoods and an HEB where they had grinders that made the peanut butter right there that you could put into containers and buy according to weight. They had cashews, regular peanuts and honey roasted peanuts. It was amazing!
They have one with chocolate chips at mine.

Cajungal

Staff member
I love their almond butter. I've never been able to actually buy it, but I make samples all the time when I go there for Cambozola. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.