Paypal problem

Necronic

Staff member
So I transferred 300$ to my mom on paypal yesterday. It was from my bank account which is verified. The transaction details say "complete".

My mom is trying to put that money in her bank account, but for some reason it is only letting her transfer 267 of it. Does anyone know why it would be doing that?

Because PayPal makes you pay a fee to move money out of their holdings. If she keeps it as PayPal money it will be $300. If she tries to convert it back to "real" money, they charge you.

With verified accounts, and paypal to paypal transfers for personal use, there should be no fees in the chain at all.

You'd have to look at her recent activity to find out why.[DOUBLEPOST=1390348880,1390348819][/DOUBLEPOST]Or, in other words, they should allow her to transfer all of it. If they aren't, then it's because there's some other withdrawal from the account, or some other fee or limit. If you look at the history you should understand why.

Necronic

Staff member
Turns out she had to enter her SSN somewhere, without that there was a minimum balance (makes no sense)

Turns out she had to enter her SSN somewhere, without that there was a minimum balance (makes no sense)
Think "Patriot Act" and you'll understand why they are doing this. It's not a paypal requirement, so much as a gov't requirement on paypal via court order. They can't legally close your account until you comply, but they can make it hurt.