[Gaming] Overwatch (#boycottblizz)

I remember when Blizzard tried adding a "crouching cooldown" to the game to make teabagging impossible, I was so happy, but people bitched so damn much they reverted it before release.

I assume this means the biotic rifle's healing will remain unchanged.
Yes. She will still be the best single target hps but they wanted to remove some of her survivability. The thing about Ana is that a good one could literally one on one almost any flanker by popping shots and saving grenade for when they come for you (which healed you, damaged them, and made it so they couldn't heal, even with health packs) and was one of the reasons she was such a strong pick.

The issue now is that her power came at the cost of mobility, as she has no health recharge like the other supports and no mobility like Lucio or Mercy. It will be interesting to see how she adapts. I think she will fall back into a pure sniper role again, rather then now where half the time the Ana is in the thick of it just as much as the other fighters.

Looks like Torbjorn actually gets some character growth in the new comic that came out.

BINARY
Bastion shows up and scares a small town on the edge of a forest. Torbjorn hears about it and goes there to destroy him, but in the process realizes that Bastion has changed and no longer follows his default programing, which surprises him. When the villagers come to try and kill Bastion, Torbjorn intervenes and helps Bastion escape, though does so begrudgingly. Pretty surprising coming from someone presented as a hardline omnic racist.

My best theory is that as much as Torb is a bit of a racist towards omnics, he still sees those he created with the eyes of a father (you know, since he has like 15 kids), since he helped develop the Bastion units, and so seeing one change from a pre-programed killing machine to a nature loving pacifist is a bit of a knock to his perceptions on what is possible, and he couldn't just let them destroy him.

GasBandit

Staff member
Looks like Torbjorn actually gets some character growth in the new comic that came out.

BINARY
Bastion shows up and scares a small town on the edge of a forest. Torbjorn hears about it and goes there to destroy him, but in the process realizes that Bastion has changed and no longer follows his default programing, which surprises him. When the villagers come to try and kill Bastion, Torbjorn intervenes and helps Bastion escape, though does so begrudgingly. Pretty surprising coming from someone presented as a hardline omnic racist.

My best theory is that as much as Torb is a bit of a racist towards omnics, he still sees those he created with the eyes of a father (you know, since he has like 15 kids), since he helped develop the Bastion units, and so seeing one change from a pre-programed killing machine to a nature loving pacifist is a bit of a knock to his perceptions on what is possible, and he couldn't just let them destroy him.
Bastion walked a long-ass way. From Numbani, in Africa, to Sweden - presumably without cutting across heavily populated Europe? I mean, the octopi must be hinting he did some of it underwater, but I doubt Ganymede would have been able to follow him very long that way.

Ana didn't need a de-buff.
Junkrat doesn't need to be immune to his own explosives.

Are they ever going to buff Winston? Nah, just weaken him more and give Bastion's tank mode as another cooldown ability. His new ultimate turns him into a flying tank.

I think she will fall back into a pure sniper role again, rather then now where half the time the Ana is in the thick of it just as much as the other fighters.
I've tried playing her like that, but most of the time I just end up shooting my own healthy teammates in the butt because they WON'T MOVE OUT OF THE WAY.

--Patrick

That's a good thing, and how it should have always been, IMO.
That is how it was in beta, but back when Quick Play allowed hero stacking, this made a triple Winston stack nearly impossible to defeat. They would cycle bubbles and then anytime someone tried to enter the bubble they gold melted by three Winstons, so they added the odd cooldown on end mechanic to make it impossible to time cycling the bubbles. It makes sense they are reverting it with QP now has the one hero rule, but it will mean Winston stacking will come back with a vengeance in No Limits.

Bastion walked a long-ass way. From Numbani, in Africa, to Sweden - presumably without cutting across heavily populated Europe? I mean, the octopi must be hinting he did some of it underwater, but I doubt Ganymede would have been able to follow him very long that way.
What makes you think that city was Numbani? It's established in the "Last Bastion" cinematic that he woke up in the forests of Germany, both because you can see a silhouette of Eichenwalde in the background as he walks by, but also because the flashback showed multiple Crusaders fighting Omnics on the front lines, and the Crusaders were basically Germany's special defense force. All he had to do was cross the Baltic Sea.

GasBandit

Staff member
What makes you think that city was Numbani? It's established in the "Last Bastion" cinematic that he woke up in the forests of Germany, both because you can see a silhouette of Eichenwalde in the background as he walks by, but also because the flashback showed multiple Crusaders fighting Omnics on the front lines, and the Crusaders were basically Germany's special defense force. All he had to do was cross the Baltic Sea.
I could have sworn Last Bastion had him walking across the savanna toward Numbani at the end. Maybe I got the cities mixed up.[DOUBLEPOST=1489019284,1489019149][/DOUBLEPOST]Yeah, I thought this city in the distance was Numbani because the architecture looked like that.

bastion.png

I've tried playing her like that, but most of the time I just end up shooting my own healthy teammates in the butt because they WON'T MOVE OUT OF THE WAY.

--Patrick
In a way she's worse than either other sniper because their shots at least go through teammates. I guess she can just be a healer, but I feel like this is really hampering an already seldom-used character.

I could have sworn Last Bastion had him walking across the savanna toward Numbani at the end. Maybe I got the cities mixed up.[DOUBLEPOST=1489019284,1489019149][/DOUBLEPOST]Yeah, I thought this city in the distance was Numbani because the architecture looked like that.

View attachment 23460
That is just generic future design. You see similar skyscrapers in the distance of Lijang and Kings Row. That isn't a savanah but just a vast green field caused by the omnic invasion clearing out whatever trees and other things may have existed there, since it was a battle front line.

In a way she's worse than either other sniper because their shots at least go through teammates. I guess she can just be a healer, but I feel like this is really hampering an already seldom-used character.
She isn't supposed to be a sniper like the others. It's why she can't get headshots. Her focus is healing with some offensive damage when your allies are topped off, similar to Mercy, but she has the advantage of not having to switch to her offensive gun, she can just spam the battlefield and either she will heal someone or kill someone, that is why she is so versatile.

She isn't supposed to be a sniper like the others. It's why she can't get headshots. Her focus is healing with some offensive damage when your allies are topped off, similar to Mercy, but she has the advantage of not having to switch to her offensive gun, she can just spam the battlefield and either she will heal someone or kill someone, that is why she is so versatile.
Then why reduce the grenade's healing as well as its damage? Seems like overkill.

Then why reduce the grenade's healing as well as its damage? Seems like overkill.
Because it's too powerful when used as a pop attack + heal + buff + debuff. It allows her to pretty easily win a battle with flankers (double easy if she nails the sleep dart) and is devastating in a stack build, since she can throw it down and both heal herself and most allies to full, increase healing they receive, hurt her enemies, and prevent all healing they take. It was a wham bam combo when allies and enemies get anywhere close to each other and was why the tank meta was so strong last season, since tanks are mostly all close quarters fighters and her sustained hps was way above all other supports.

There is a reason she was considered a must have for the last two seasons.

The change isn't going to really alter her sustained healing, since most Ana's saved the grenade for the stacks or a quick self heal + damage + debuff when a flanker ambushed them (usually thrown right at her own feet), the changes will make this less attractive though since you will now want to just keep yourself as far away as possible, so more and more Ana's will likely use it purely for the buffing and debuff properties they provide rather then a quick one two punch to murder a tracer.

Looks like they are not going through with the grenade changes, now only the main weapon reduction on the PTR.

Honestly I am fine with the grenade if they just removed the healing debuff or made a way to block it. That alone will keep her a must pick even if all the other changes went live. It's just too strong in addition to the healing, damage, and buffing.

What works on the expert level doesn't always work on the novice or intermediate level.

I hope they don't nerf Tracer just because a few players are unkillable gods when using her.

I hope they don't nerf Tracer just because a few players are unkillable gods when using her.
I wouldn't say she's unkillable...unless you're 1-on-1. Then yeah, unless you're playing Winston or Symmetra (or sometimes Torb), you just can't seem to get a bead on her long enough to shoot her dead.

--Patrick

I wouldn't say she's unkillable...unless you're 1-on-1. Then yeah, unless you're playing Winston or Symmetra (or sometimes Torb), you just can't seem to get a bead on her long enough to shoot her dead.

--Patrick
She's only a time wizard with certain players. Most people either don't understand how to best utilize her or don't have the reflexes to do so.

What works on the expert level doesn't always work on the novice or intermediate level.

No character is an unkillable god. There are high end matches in which Tracer easily loses to specific compositions without much fuss.

The issue with Ana is she is really good at high end levels, and really good at lower end levels too. She isn't like the old Bastion, who was terrible at high end and too good at low end, or Tracer, who is super horrible at low end and really good at high end. She is well rounded. The nerf will do very little to change that fact, she will still be GOOD all over the spectrum, but now other supports can come in more often.

I know what you trying to do, but...

A) He died in that video, thus not "unkillable".
B) He had a pocket healer the whole time in nearly every one of those shots, which will make nearly any hero very hard to kill (it's why you go for the healer)
C) The times he took what seemed to be a ridiculous amount of ults was a controlled game (you can see his allies standing doing nothing nearby, including the healing Mercy) while he was under the effects of three (possibly even four) different healers AND nano-boosted.

While Bastion was a bit over-tuned, the video makes it out to be ten times more ridiculous then it actually is.

GasBandit

Staff member
Heh, looking for reference material for my Megas XLR build in Empyrion, I stumbled across this little bit of crossover art... Word has it, two people who worked on Megas XLR back in the day worked for Blizzard on Overwatch.

This has not been my experience playing Junkrat at all.
Most of the time everyone is fighting over who gets to be on the platform on the other side of the point.

--Patrick