[Gaming] Overwatch (#boycottblizz)

Still missing Owl Anna, Casual Hanzo, Beachrat Junkrat, Ice Fisherman Roadhog, and Rime Sombra.
I had about 6500 currency to start the event, so I spent it buying up all of last year's legendary and epic skins (for only 1000 ea) so if I get an event legendary it'll have to be one of the new ones. Now I have about 1700 left and I'm going to hold out until the last minute to spend it in case I need to buy up the remaining 4 voice lines I'm missing, and maybe I can earn enough to get at least one of the event skins while I'm at it.

--Patrick

The three boxes I earned last night gave me the Casual Hanzo, so I am pretty much complete for the event. Guess my luck turned around. Woot!

Managed to play enough to get Owl Ana and Casual Hanzo, and had enough currency to get Beachrat. Only ones I didn't get were Rime Sombra (which I wanted) and Ice Fisherman Roadhog (which I didn't). Ah well, save up for next year.
I'm so glad I can look at the ugly-ass e-sports skins on the main screen every time I load up the game now.
Oh yeah. Especially Banana Reinhardt. He looks like a Hummer H1 trying to dress up as an Aventador.

--Patrick

Yeah well we’ll see what changes the update is bringing to his scatter arrow, since everyone who shows they have any kind of insta-kill combo seems to get them nerfed. First Roadhog’s hook/cook, now this. And after this will come Mei’s freeze/headshot, Junkrat’s trap/mine, and McCree’s flashbang/fan.
You may think I’m being facetious, but changes to Junkrat’s mine are already being tested.

—Patrick

To be fair the mine is pretty overblown when you have two charges. Most of the instakill's at least require a mediucrum of accuracy (jokes of scatter arrow aside), but a Junkrat could fly in and take out like four people in a single double mine barrage due to the splash. They are keeping the lethality of it, but the max damage is at the epicenter, and thus will only do the same damage as now if you can aim it well.

Oh I’m not arguing that the second mine made him ridiculously OP, just that he demonstrated an insta-kill combo (240-360 burst), and therefore it was investigated and Something Was Done About It.
My feeling about scatter arrow is actually somewhat unpopular because I think it’s useful, I just think a successful floor bounce should bring a tank char from full to “worried” rather than “dead,” and this is coming from someone who has never really learned how to properly bounce it.

—Patrick

I like where my sensitivity is set, but I still have a really hard time with acquisition and release. I know it's because I'm pushing the mouse down into the mousepad too hard, but still haven't figured out how to break that habit.

--Patrick

All this time, I thought I had to Git Gud at the game, but really it just dials up the aim assist the more hours you play? I feel cheated!

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Take a cough drop. That is AFTER the shot. It MOVED your reticle to her.

Frame immediately before the bullet trail appears. This is where you would have clicked. Crosshairs enhanced due to shitty youtube encoding.
terrik1.jpg

First frame with the bullet trail. Crosshairs move closer to the mark but still not on her head.

terrik2.jpg

Final frame before the game registers the kill - crosshairs begin moving up toward the head but STILL AREN'T THERE:
terrik3.jpg

Aim assist is known to be in the game, especially to aid the sniper classes such as Widow, Ana, and Hanjo.