Open Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks
I'm looking for some PC games to play.
I like the open world concept games. I've played Oblivion, Fallout 3 and some others, but I'm wondering what else is out there? I enjoyed Crackdown on Xbox. Anything out there that's similar?

I'm guessing you played New Vegas? What about The Witcher? Not 100% open as the others but very much up the same alley.

This has been a test of the new Infraction System. This is only a test. Don't hurt me.
Saint's Row 2 (On Console ONLY) was literally the best open world "free-for-all" game I ever played and can't wait for the 3rd installment.

Haven't played New Vegas, but it is on my list.
The Witcher I've played. Have to look at # 2 sometime as well.
Played Prototype briefly before my PC crashed a few weeks ago. Haven't re-installed it yet.

Daggerfall? It's pre-Morrowind, but the world generates anew each time you play it.

Can't think of anything else that hasn't already been mentioned except for Starflight.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
Just how big a world do you need? I liked Far Cry 2, even though that's a much smaller world than Just Cause 2, according to this it's bigger than Oblivion.

Batman: Arkham City is going to be an open world game when it comes out in November.

figmentPez

Staff member
Far Cry 2's world is annoying with the guardpost respawning ever 5 fucking minutes.
I found it to be annoying at first as well, but when I learned my way around and got some more powerful weapons, it was easy enough to avoid some checkpoints and breeze through others.

Status
Not open for further replies.