Oh, Right, That Other Problem... (OotS 679)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

ThatNickGuy

I feel like I'm missing something with the final panel. What's the punchline?

Dave

Staff member
V still hadn't gotten that diamond dust s/he needed. I think the punchline is that the last panel fits nicely with the comic title.

I feel like I'm missing something with the final panel. What's the punchline?
The bauble is the punchline, I guess?

Remember, Blackwing became distracted with being V's voice of reason when he saw a 'shiny bauble on a dangling thing'.

Or what Ed said.

I'm no good at explaining jokes.

Nooo..... Blackwing goes back and gets the diamond dust, because s/he is so impressed by the moral and whatever progress V's making.

I actually am getting where V is coming from with his attitude toward his mate... That's EXACTLY how I treat people in my day to day life.

K

kaykordeath

...but sent the familiar in a disguise because
A) he could have been recognized
and B) accents are funny
C) as are sombreros

C

Chibibar

basically the old joke is when people in disguise it is always seem to be a fake mustache, a hat, and an accent ;)

but I think Darkwing did it cause he cared and approve V's emotional growth.

The second to last panel seemed like it was supposed to be the realization panel.

He closes his eyes in the third to last panel because he was sad about his family, then the second to last is basically, "Oh right, I kind of need that diamond dust" that leads into the last panel, in which Darkwing has to go in under a disguise since they were both banned from the store.

For everyone who keeps calling the raven Darkwing. The raven's name is Blackwing not
Darkwing.

for the record

Blackwing:

Darkwing:

S

Soliloquy

Personally, I'm not a big fan of ol' blackface. I think his inclusion has some racist undertones.

S

Singularity.EXE

Oh man I haven't thought of Blackwing in forever.

Thanks for that! What a great show!

T

ThatNickGuy

I don't get it.

What does Nightwing have to do with V's bird, Black Condor?

Status
Not open for further replies.