No longer an Asset, Facebook takes over (Kurtz thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
Not surprised. I think the facebook thing will be good because IIRC he's not the one that started it. I am happy that the Assetbar thing is sending money to charity and not lining his pockets after screwing over the fans who signed up for it.

Seriously, though, Twitter and Facebook are perfect for Scott. I hope it works out well for him.

S

SeraRelm

I think those are both perfect for him as well, but possibly for differing reasons.

Did you READ that blog post? Jeeze.
It’s been fun but I will no longer be updating the PvP fanflow.
Exactly how often did he even update it and hasn't been MONTHS since the last one? Talk about sugar coating your shit.

S

Soliloquy

Has anyone ever seen a facebook group that's actually had a community grow around it? Or even regular visitors to it?

I, for one, have not.

K

Kitty Sinatra

I also noticed that he never even reached 1000 months worth of subscriptions.* How long did you subscribe for, Dave? 5 Months or so? If that's the case for every one, then he got less than 200 people to bite. That seems terribly spartan.

*unless the assetbar software costs a lot of money and Kurtz took that into account. But even then, that'd might mean at most he had twice as many subscription months than I suggested above. At most.

K

Kitty Sinatra

oh damn. I just noticed I made a joking reference to 300. Sorry, CDS, that one was unintentional.

R

Rubicon

What'd I would like to know is, why take away all these things to begin with?

Ok, yea he never updates, etc. Put the Asset Bar aside, hell what about the website itself?

I was gone for a year but where did his site, like, go to? He paid a company to make him a professional layout, it looked sweet, there was all kinds of information on his site, the bios / history of the characters, the archive system we helped build via tags (remember fellow "beta" testers?), etc

Now its..a wordpress theme with a comic strip..the archives just a simple archive/calendar system thats in every wordpress theme, thats it.

I know Scott slacks off at times, starts a project with a lot of enthusiasm then abandons it (are they even still in that fancy office building he and Kris rent out?). Fuck shouldnt we be hearing something about season 2 of the animated series?

I really dont read the strip, like I used to love to follow the storylines, check for news updates daily

Now its like VGC

I check it once in a blue moon

Dave

Staff member
I put in $10, which was the minimum allowed. So divide it by 10 and that's the MOST POSSIBLE subscribers. If some put in more than that then the number is lessened.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Well, Mav, let's look at two different comics - PvP & OotS.

PvP updates every day, the author routinely pisses people off and does not do anything he says he's going to do.

OotS updates whenever the hell they want to, the author is very up front about everything and they have a thriving forum of devoted fans. And we hang on every fucking word he prints!!

Customer service means a lot. Both of these individuals rely on word of mouth, pageview advertising and merchandise to make their living. Yet Scott sometimes seems to forget that even though he has a product without the customer base he's not going to be successful. Yes, he has a large user base and yes he is successful, but just think of what could be.

I hope the best for Scott but wish he'd finally calm down and understand that while we can at times be harsh a lot of us want him to get better, grow and be as successful as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.