Export thread

Nintendo Switch Thread

Limit: 500

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Welcome to the Nintendo Switch thread! If you have a Switch, post your friend code in a reply and I'll add it to the list. @ me will make it happen faster.

Halforums friend codes:

Dei - SW-0001-1830-2164
Far - SW-5375-6250-7816
Covar - SW-1688-0964-0686
Hailey Zero Mission - SW-6991-2406-3602

--From announcement day--
Figured it's time to make a topic since Nintendo decided it's a topic worth discussing (only two months before launch).

They got the price point out the gate right away, $300. Not a bad price for a new console, but I'm doubting their launch line-up will represent that value.

They say the Switch comes with two controllers, but it's really that the two halves of the Joycon can each be a controller, for certain games. Speaking of games ...

1, 2, Switch: I can't see this taking off like Wii Sports, even if it came free with the system. They went through the trouble of having all those people play cowboys and wizards at each other, but it doesn't seem like much of a game.

Arms: This at least looks fun. Yeah, Nintendo's had Punch-Out, but this looks to be approaching a boxing game the way Splatoon approached shooting games. And on that note ...

Splatoon 2: It should be called Splat2n. If Banjo-Kazooie can have Banjo-Tooie ...

I'm not exciting about Xenoblade 2/Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (they didn't seem too sure of the title) after Xenoblade Chronicles was such trash. I'm looking forward to whatever Shin Megami Tensei is coming, but it sounds like they've barely started working on it, so I expect that to be out sometime in 2019, at best.

-_- EA insists that bringing FIFA to Switch will be the most intense and immersive sports game experience ever for Nintendo players. Clearly someone never played Super Mario Strikers :awesome:.

Overall, I'm impressed with some things and not with others. I'm glad it's going to be a hybrid of console/handheld so Nintendo can stop competing with itself. The controller doesn't look bad in its many transformations. There's promise in some upcoming games ... whenever they're coming. That said, it feels like we're taking a step back here, like Nintendo shareholders noted how well the Wii did 10 years ago and insist that maybe Nintendo can make motion controls the next big thing again. Sure, maybe playing Skyrim with each Joycon half being each hand and playing that way sounds fun, but after 15 minutes I'm pretty sure the shtick will get tired and you'll just choose to switch to playing like normal.

So, I'm personally not sold right yet. Have to see how it goes when I play hands-on at Nintendo's event thing next month.

EDIT: It's region free, so that's also a plus.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

SO-that city level in Mario Odysey isn't JUST filling me with anxiety right? I remember the LAST silly mascot that had one of those, AND IT LEAD TO ITS ABSOLUTE DOWNFALL!!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Oops, I should've waited to post until I got to the end of the video. I thought once they did the montage of games they'd already previewed, that would be it, but then ...

It's actually releasing on time ... forget EEEEEEVERYTHING I said; solid gold launch line-up, Nintendo! Now the only problem is going to be the inevitable scalping and shortages, but fuck, I love this trailer and I can't wait to eventually play this.

figmentPez

figmentPez

On the plus side, the Switch will be able to charge from a standard USB type-C cable. On the negative side, the low end of it's battery life is a mere 2½ hours.

Even if I had the money, I'll be waiting for a revision to the hardware, and still maybe not at all. As much as I want Breath of the Wild to be good... It's going to take a lot to convince me that Nintendo actually made a game that won't annoy me like Skyward Sword did (which it did by having amazing portions broken up by too many horrible UI and gameplay design decisions.)

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Mentioned in another thread but I'm pretty surprised at how many of these early games I'm interested in.

Zelda for sure, Mario looks like solid fun as always, I loved Hyrule Warriors so I'm game to try it with Fire Emblem. More Splatoon's good, and Bomberman was a welcome sight.

I actually ended up enjoying Xenoblade X and Chronicles is one of my favorite games, so I'm down to give 2 a chance. The more generic anime style of characters worries me a little, but if the game's still on the same grand scale of the others in terms of exploration and combat I'm all in.

Piotyr

Piotyr

From Nintendo's switch games website: www.nintendo.com/games/switch/

Presumed Launch Lineup
1,2,Switch: March 3, 2017
ARMS: March 3, 2017
Zelda Breath of the Wild: March 3, 2017
Has Been Heroes: March 2017
Just Dance 2017: March 2017
SnipperClips (puzzle game): March 2017
Super Bomberman R: March 2017

After:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: Apr. 28, 2017
Puyo Puyo Tetris: Spring 2017?
Splatoon 2: Summer 2017
NBA 2K18: September 2017 (normal release date for the series)
Skyrim: Fall 2017
Super Mario Odyssey: Holiday 2017
FIFA (No year): TBD
Minecraft Switch: TBD
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers: TBD[DOUBLEPOST=1484288955,1484288588][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, Nintendo just posted this:

chris

chris

Bowser is a caring daddy

Dei

Dei

The little tiny controllers are going to be terrible for American adults. I predict most won't use them for multiplayer.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

The controller size and battery life are easily the biggest worries I still have.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

The controller size and battery life are easily the biggest worries I still have.
I can't see it being an effective handheld at 2 and a half hours, but I also wonder how long it'll take them to put out a version with better battery life. I mean, the USB means you can charge almost anywhere, but at home I remember how much it sucked to have to break from Wind Walker HD after less than three hours to sit the gamepad on the cradle.

Many this is Nintendo's method for getting us to take a break.

Either way, I don't expect to get one at launch, both over my own funds and the shortage/scalper situation. It's already being stated there won't be a huge supply at launch, limited pre-orders, Nintendo's usual these days.

Frank

Frank

http://www.nintendo.com/switch/buy-now/#nintendo-switch-gray

Jesus tap dancing Christ, look how expensive the peripherals are.

Those are what Canadian prices for peripherals usually are, not fucking USD.

Eriol

Eriol

Bowser is a caring daddy
I love the idea of Bowser being a great parent. I also like how in the "talking about their games with them" how the example is Jr. nailing Mario with a red shell. Great segment. I also particularly liked how it showed that just suspending can be heavy-handed, and talking to them (you know, INTERACTING WITH YOUR CHILD) is preferred.

OTOH I'm wondering how easily hacked that system is going to be. How about your opponent triggering suspend on the people they're playing against? That's my biggest concern now.
The little tiny controllers are going to be terrible for American adults. I predict most won't use them for multiplayer.
I'm a 6'7" (2m) monster. I thought the original XBox controllers were perfectly sized. This is probably going to be an issue for me.
I can't see it being an effective handheld at 2 and a half hours, but I also wonder how long it'll take them to put out a version with better battery life. I mean, the USB means you can charge almost anywhere, but at home I remember how much it sucked to have to break from Wind Walker HD after less than three hours to sit the gamepad on the cradle.
For WWHD, I just took the power cable, ran it to the tablet, and kept playing, but that's me.

I'm actually not at all concerned about the battery because it's a STANDARD for once. They're not doing "Nintendo custom connector 29A-RevB" but a standardized USB-C connector. So you'll be able to find 3rd-party batteries and chargers to work fine. In other words, extending battery life (double/triple) will cost you $10-$20, and not a $75-$100 official add-on. And it might even be from a battery you already have for your phone and/or tablet. So I basically have one already. This is a great feature.

I'm probably buying one because I think that I would use it in a different way than a would a normal home console. Yes I'll use it for that, but I like taking my games with me, hence why I have so much time into Minecraft PE these days, and relatively less on the computer version. If I'm on the computer, I want to do "those" types of games, sometimes on the big screen. But I also like the idea of being ABLE to put my portables on the big screen, but I'll admit I'm thinking of the Switch as more of a portable I can big-screen, than a home console I can portable. But that may change for which games I'm playing. Probably depends. Either way, I think they have a sale. I wish it was $250USD though. $400CAD is rougher.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

My biggest concern with the switch is the fact that it runs at lower specs when in mobile mode than it does when docked, so a game that runs 60fps docked might get cut to 30fps on tablet mode. My concern is that developers won't utilize this well, and we will end up with shit ports that run like ass unless docked.

I mean, developers these days can't get a game to run at a constant resolution/frame rate on a PS4 whose processing power never changes.

Anonymous

I mean, developers these days can't get a game to run at a constant resolution/frame rate on a PS4 whose processing power never changes.
That "might" be because some teams (COD, 100% certain) are using ancient engines (Quake 1) heavily modified and hacked to hell to run on the new hardware with new-looking affects. Their architecture is absolute garbage and so it's a miracle it works at all. This is typical of much of the game industry. This is why independent titles never have that kind of problem, because they were written from scratch (using modern game engines) recently. They have whole other sets of problems however.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

That "might" be because some teams (COD, 100% certain) are using ancient engines (Quake 1) heavily modified and hacked to hell to run on the new hardware with new-looking affects. Their architecture is absolute garbage and so it's a miracle it works at all. This is typical of much of the game industry. This is why independent titles never have that kind of problem, because they were written from scratch (using modern game engines) recently. They have whole other sets of problems however.
Yes, AAA game developers generally suck these days, and I don't expect them not to suck on the switch, but rather suck more.

First party games I have no doubt on. Nintendo's WiiU titles ran at a rock solid 60fps

Eriol

Eriol

First party games I have no doubt on. Nintendo's WiiU titles ran at a rock solid 60fps
I always thought it was fascinating how they did Hyrule Warriors on the WiiU, with the local multiplayer, reducing the image quality so the hardware could handle the two different areas. What wasn't as well documented is that they also reduced the view distance on mobs appearing, which made some things "interesting" on how/when they would appear in multiplayer vs single-player. If FE Warriors does the same type of thing, but needing (or at least supporting) two Switches, I think they may have sold my/our family (Hi @Dirona!) an extra Switch. We played the HELL out of that game, and it was because of local multi-screen multiplayer. We would probably play it split-screen too, but to each our own screen was NICE.

Any idea where to pre-order in Canada? Bestbuy.ca is already pre-ordered out.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I always thought it was fascinating how they did Hyrule Warriors on the WiiU, with the local multiplayer, reducing the image quality so the hardware could handle the two different areas. What wasn't as well documented is that they also reduced the view distance on mobs appearing, which made some things "interesting" on how/when they would appear in multiplayer vs single-player. If FE Warriors does the same type of thing, but needing (or at least supporting) two Switches, I think they may have sold my/our family (Hi @Dirona!) an extra Switch. We played the HELL out of that game, and it was because of local multi-screen multiplayer. We would probably play it split-screen too, but to each our own screen was NICE.

Any idea where to pre-order in Canada? Bestbuy.ca is already pre-ordered out.
First party Nintendo devs were able to get a lot of performance out of limited hardware just through great optimization and smart art design. They knew that even the prettiest textures look ugly if they make the game crawl

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Here I was looking forward to portable Dark Souls, but From's programming infrastructure is ass, so I'm guessing the reports of Dark Souls 3 running smooth on the Switch are based on docked performance only.

Eriol

Eriol

Here I was looking forward to portable Dark Souls, but From's programming infrastructure is ass, so I'm guessing the reports of Dark Souls 3 running smooth on the Switch are based on docked performance only.
Looking into a lot of the (leaked) specs, it appears that the only thing that changes when docked is the GPU's output, not the main processor. So while framerate MAY take a hit, the core logic of the game should be unaffected by portable/console modes. And since the difference between 720p and 1080p is a lot larger than it seems (double the pixels, more-or-less), being half-clocked GPU for mobile seems like the difference will be nearly nothing with regards to choppy-or-not docked vs mobile.

But that's theorycrafting. We won't know until we see it.

Frank

Frank

Ha ha ha ha ha

no.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Incredible.

Also, many places appear to have exhausted there pre-order capabilities. Not surprisingly.

Eriol

Eriol

Ha ha ha ha ha

no.
From what I saw, this is part of their "bonus" to actually being able to play online, which is what you're actually paying for. Which is complete bullshit. I wish years ago people had said "fuck you" to MS for XBox live, and then hopefully they would have gotten the message and provided "normal" levels of online services free. Then NOBODY later would have tried to monetize on consoles (fuck you too Sony for going sub required for PS4... PSN on PS3 was free, which was a GOOD MOVE) basic things like playing with your friends like we have on PC on multiple platforms (Steam, Battle.Net, etc).

So everybody who paid for XBox live way back when, this is YOUR FAULT for not telling MS that they were insane to get people to pay for what you could get for free on PC. Now we're ALL paying (literally) the consequences of that.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Once again, I don't find myself interested or excited for this gimmicky crap. I'm having a hard time understand how exactly this new fangled thing even works. Every time a new system is announced, it's all about its latest ridiculous bells and whistles, and not as much about the games. Sure, they have games listed for release, but how many of them will be good or worth getting a whole new system for? It's like VR or Motion Control. Yeah, it's a neat gimmick at first, but to this date, there has not been a single universally beloved game that everyone says, "THIS! You need to get this new fangled thingamajig for THIS game."

To quote Yahtzee: "I continue to argue that all these motion controls and all these tea Earl Grey hot Star Trek mechanisms still require more effort with less reliability than moving a fingertip half a centimeter to press a button. You know, video game consoles didn't always need marketing events that resembled political rallies. They basically sold themselves. 'Here's a thing that lets you play fun things,' they would say. 'Which games?' I would ask. 'These ones!' they'd reply. 'Ooh, those DO look like fun!' we'd conclude. Now the same statement has so many asterisks next to it, it looks like a fucking constellation map."[DOUBLEPOST=1484337430,1484337218][/DOUBLEPOST]

Ha ha ha ha ha

no.
That's another thing: why can't Nintendo's online accounts be more like Steam? Or any console? Have the same games on your account no matter what system you got them on. Why do they insist that people must re-purchase the same NES or SNES games over and over again? The final dealbreaker for me on getting a PS4 was that I couldn't carry over my PSN-bought games.

Eriol

Eriol

Once again, I don't find myself interested or excited for this gimmicky crap. I'm having a hard time understand how exactly this new fangled thing even works. Every time a new system is announced, it's all about its latest ridiculous bells and whistles, and not as much about the games. Sure, they have games listed for release, but how many of them will be good or worth getting a whole new system for? It's like VR or Motion Control. Yeah, it's a neat gimmick at first, but to this date, there has not been a single universally beloved game that everyone says, "THIS! You need to get this new fangled thingamajig for THIS game."
Metroid Prime. I've commented to multiple people over the years that I bought a GameCube for ONLY that game. I bought other games later that I enjoyed, but if I had spent $300+ on the system plus just that game, it would have been money well spent. It was THAT good, both at the time, and now I want to re-play it from mentioning it.
To quote Yahtzee: "I continue to argue that all these motion controls and all these tea Earl Grey hot Star Trek mechanisms still require more effort with less reliability than moving a fingertip half a centimeter to press a button. You know, video game consoles didn't always need marketing events that resembled political rallies. They basically sold themselves. 'Here's a thing that lets you play fun things,' they would say. 'Which games?' I would ask. 'These ones!' they'd reply. 'Ooh, those DO look like fun!' we'd conclude. Now the same statement has so many asterisks next to it, it looks like a fucking constellation map."
I agree with that. I think the Switch offers the interesting "TV + Go" idea that's worth marketing, but my response to basically everything else about it is "ya whatever, show me more Zelda!"

GasBandit

GasBandit

chris

chris

Ha ha ha ha ha

no.
Isn't that the same with Playstation plus ?

figmentPez

figmentPez

Nope. The monthly games from both PS+ and XBL stick around as long as you continue your subscription. You don't just get the current month's game, you get all the previous months you've been subscribed as well.

chris

chris

Nope. The monthly games from both PS+ and XBL stick around as long as you continue your subscription. You don't just get the current month's game, you get all the previous months you've been subscribed as well.
True but where exactly says it that Nintendo will force you to pay for the games you downloaded for free as part of your subscription ?

OK, just saw that NOA confirmed it, never mind.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Ps Plus gets you two games per Sony console each month, and you can keep playing them so long as you're subscribed, not just a month. For example, having PS3, PS4, and PSVita, the past year could put 72 games if I add each to my account. Been neglectful of the PS3 ones and not each game is good, but plenty of them are. Honestly, more than I even have time to play.

So it's pretty different and Nintendo continues to be behind the times. They SHOULD have a way to import your VC libraries from either Wii U or 3DS, and still have all the current stuff without rebuilding the library from scratch a fourth time, but it's Nintendo.

Meanwhile, same consistent PSN all these years means I can still boot up Dino Crisis on my Vita back from whenever the hell I bought it to play on PS3 and PSP.[DOUBLEPOST=1484341164,1484340999][/DOUBLEPOST]
True but where exactly says it that Nintendo will force you to pay for the games you downloaded for free as part of your subscription ?
Not force, but you only keep them a month. It's not remotely alike.

This reminds me, I forgot to check January's PS Plus titles.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

That has to be fake, right?

Right?

Frank

Frank

There's like 22 million dollars worth of accessories in that picture.

Sorry, I'm still hung up on the price of peripherals.

Zappit

Zappit

Plus side. The controller looks like a fucking controller, not a damn wiggle wand or button tablet. I'm sorry. I absolutely hated the different Wii controllers, and stuck to the Classic or GameCube controllers as often as possible. I like this setup.

Minus side. Paid online? If the free version restricts all online play, then screw it. I don't care about matchmaking or lobby services. If I go online to play, will it let me? Will some games, like Splatoon 2, require the paid service?

Frank

Frank

Well, I pre-ordered Breath of the Wild.

For the Wii-U.

Frank

Frank

Are the Switch controllers comfortable?

TL;DW Not really.

So big guys like me and bigger guys like Eriol probably won't have a good time with the Joycons.

drifter

drifter

That has to be fake, right?

Right?
I know right? The fuck is up with that pizza?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Are the Switch controllers comfortable?

TL;DW Not really.

So big guys like me and bigger guys like Eriol probably won't have a good time with the Joycons.
Even the classic version looks kinda cramped.

Oddly enough, the only version that looks good-sized is when the Joycon halves are slid around the Switch screen and it resembles a Wii U gamepad.

I didn't notice that, but yeah, those toppings are a disaster.

chris

chris

Kotaku compared sizes between the Switch, Wii U and 3DS XL.

https://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-the-size-comparison-1791177092

The Switch with the Joycons has roughly the size of the Wii U

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I don't know why Nintendo struggles so much with analog stick placement, but whatever.

My new problem is 32 gig internal memory. Fine for Nintendo games, but there are third party games on other consoles with that as the install size. Maybe it'll be okay since we're going back to cartridges, so big install won't be necessary. I hope. Even when 64 gig SD cards are cheap, this still feels like little space compared to the competing consoles.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Apparently I can get the Switch for $10 if I sell the Wii U and everything with it.

The Wii U we never use.

The Wii U that's been collecting dust since my wife got tired of Splatoon over a year ago.

Hrrrm. I mean, it's one thing that I'm not forking over $300 for this right now, but switching out :rimshot: a washed-up Nintendo console for a new one, for $10? That's tempting.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Also I've been hearing the install needed for Breath of the Wild will take up nearly half of the Switch's built-in space.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Also I've been hearing the install needed for Breath of the Wild will take up nearly half of the Switch's built-in space.
:facepalm: I don't even have that much room on the friggin Wii U.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Apparently I can get the Switch for $10 if I sell the Wii U and everything with it.

The Wii U we never use.

The Wii U that's been collecting dust since my wife got tired of Splatoon over a year ago.

Hrrrm. I mean, it's one thing that I'm not forking over $300 for this right now, but switching out :rimshot: a washed-up Nintendo console for a new one, for $10? That's tempting.
For $10, might as well upgrade to the latest thing that'll collect dust.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I know. But at the same time, when else am I going to get it that cheap? And when is the Wii U going to be revitalized? Nintendo still intends to support the 3DS for a couple years, but the Wii U has nothing on the horizon.

I think I can sell my wife on it over Splatoon 2, but she's going to be a little more hard-pressed on giving up Bayonetta 2. I kinda am too, gameplay-wise it's a near perfect game, and I doubt there's going to be any kind of Switch port.

That said, I'm not going to be able to play Zelda on our Wii U with that install size, and that was really my fallback on not bothering with the Switch for a long while. I can wait on Zelda, yeah; but to never get to play it at all? I'm not okay with that.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Hey now, this new and improved paperweight can be split up into several smaller parts to keep down several stacks of paper at a time!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I know. But at the same time, when else am I going to get it that cheap? And when is the Wii U going to be revitalized? Nintendo still intends to support the 3DS for a couple years, but the Wii U has nothing on the horizon.

I think I can sell my wife on it over Splatoon 2, but she's going to be a little more hard-pressed on giving up Bayonetta 2. I kinda am too, gameplay-wise it's a near perfect game, and I doubt there's going to be any kind of Switch port.

That said, I'm not going to be able to play Zelda on our Wii U with that install size, and that was really my fallback on not bothering with the Switch for a long while. I can wait on Zelda, yeah; but to never get to play it at all? I'm not okay with that.
You can always plug an external HDD into your WiiU. That's what I do, I have nothing installed on the console itself

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

You can always plug an external HDD into your WiiU. That's what I do, I have nothing installed on the console itself
I don't have one of those that works with the Wii U.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Flash drives also work

Eriol

Eriol

I had to make sure my drive was into a powered USB hub, and then it worked. I'm guessing you have the same issue, rather than the drive itself being completely incompatible.

Jay

Jay

Nothing. Japanese pizzas are like that.

I shit you not.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Decided not to go for the deal; it just feels like more worth than it might be worth and if we're going to sell the Wii U, I'd rather we just put the money into something else.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

You know, I was thinking to myself "how can I, the average gamer, pay a subscription service to use my smartphone as an actual phone?"

Thanks, Nintendo!

instead of having some sort of bulky gamer headset, you’ll be able to do it right off your smartphone, put in your earbuds that you use for your standard mobile device. We think that’s a pretty sweet solution. That’s part of the overall opportunity that we see in a subscription service.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Didn't know they were killing Miiverse. That sucks; Miiverse is a lot of fun.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Don't worry, they'll replace it with a subscription smartphone app that lets you send messages to other people with the same smartphone app. You can even choose an icon or photo to represent you.

It's genius, really. They could call it AiiM.

tegid

tegid

Didn't watch the video, but it makes sense to kill Miiverse: Miis were someting of the Wii. If they want something similar on the Switch I guess they should be called Mitch? And have all the same face, or something?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Didn't watch the video, but it makes sense to kill Miiverse: Miis were someting of the Wii. If they want something similar on the Switch I guess they should be called Mitch? And have all the same face, or something?
The 3DS had miis and nobody seemed too concerned that they weren't 3DaveS

Frank

Frank

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Miiverse is Nintendo's version of a forum for each individual game, be it a new release or Virtual Console. Some games integrated it into themselves. People could ask for tips, show progress, though mostly they'd joke around or post art. Splatoon used this best during Splatfest weekends.

It's getting to feel like I'm done with Nintendo. Now they're trying to ape the big boys, but they're so insulated that they're going about it all wrong. It's just not worth the time or trouble.

Dei

Dei

A new Fire Emblem (not the dynasty warriors crossover) coming for the Switch next year basically guarantees I'll buy it at some point for sure.

GasBandit

GasBandit

A new Fire Emblem (not the dynasty warriors crossover) coming for the Switch next year basically guarantees I'll buy it at some point for sure.
Sigh, there was a time, long, long ago, when I felt that way about Final Fantasy games.

Dei

Dei

Sigh, there was a time, long, long ago, when I felt that way about Final Fantasy games.
Ah yes, back in the day when I could only get one console, so I got a PlayStation instead of an N64 because that's where Final Fantasy was.

Frank

Frank

FF7 made me buy a PSX (with money from my first real summer job). The fact that N64 games were like 11000 dollars per cart kept me away from the N64.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

The only reason we did N64 before PSX at my house was getting one for Christmas. We got a ton of mileage out of the system, but only because of 3-4 games, really.

figmentPez

figmentPez

For me, Zelda Ocarina of Time sold me on the N64, and I played FF7 on PC.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

For me, Zelda Ocarina of Time sold me on the N64, and I played FF7 on PC.
Yeah I bought FF7 on PC well before we got our PSX. I almost bought FF8 that way too, but we got the PSX around that time.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I built my first PC mainly to play Dragonrealms, but it became my go-to machine once Diablo II came out.

--Patrick

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

The only reason we did N64 before PSX at my house was getting one for Christmas. We got a ton of mileage out of the system, but only because of 3-4 games, really.
This is where I see things going if I buy another Nintendo console. About 3-4 games I play and then others I sample but never get into much.

Wii U was Wind Walker HD, Splatoon, Mario Kart 8, and Bayonetta 2. Really enjoyed those games, but I don't think I would've been bereft of entertainment without them.

Frank

Frank

That console I play 4 games on is cool nowadays for 34 year old me, but that shit was'na gonna fly with 13 year old me.

Geeeeet fucked N64. The console I've clocked less than an hour playing on in my entire life.

Hot take, worst controller ever.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I remember when it came out I hated it. Later I thought it was fine. Then years went by without touching the N64 controller and I tried playing Turok 2. I just couldn't do it; my hands had tasted a real controller and couldn't go back to aiming with the C-buttons.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Really?
PCjr Controller.jpg

Okay, maybe as far as consoles... no, wait...

Colecovision Controller.jpg

Well, maybe it's the worst (bundled) controller for a successful system.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

It's (N64) one of the worst I've ever used regularly, that's for sure. Didn't help that the stick wore out super fast and became pretty unresponsive.

All-time, though, I'd say CD-i's default "controller."

Frank

Frank

That one button joystick was perfectly functional for the games.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Oh god, the thumb tips I shredded on that horrible thing.

That one button joystick was perfectly functional for the games.
It was a two button joystick! The second button is hidden by the picture because it's up on the shoulder.

And no, no it wasn't perfectly functional. It was a nightmare >_<

figmentPez

figmentPez

And no, no it wasn't perfectly functional. It was a nightmare >_<
We truly take self-centering joysticks for granted these days.

Frank

Frank

Nah, it's pretty much the same as the TRS-80 joystick, which I spent countless hours on as a kid.

Loved my Trash-80.

Dungeons of Daggorath was my shit.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Nah, it's pretty much the same as the TRS-80 joystick, which I spent countless hours on as a kid.

Loved my Trash-80.

Dungeons of Daggorath was my shit.

Hrmph, try playing Ninja with that joystick, and then show me the bloody shreds where your thumb used to be.

Frank

Frank

Too buys playing Dino Wars!

GasBandit

GasBandit

Too buys playing Dino Wars!

I was more of a Crush, Crumble and Chomp kid.

Frank

Frank

Though seriously, Dungeons of Daggorath was awesome. The heartbeat, the sudden high pitched sounds of spiders and rattles of the snakes. Magic. This game was pure tension.

[DOUBLEPOST=1484982671,1484982440][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, you used the keyboard, and not the controller to play.

PatrThom

PatrThom

no it wasn't perfectly functional. It was a nightmare >_<
Having to recenter them all the time. Uf.
I see Pez understands.

--Patrick

Eriol

Eriol

If you ever get that screwed up, it can be "interesting" to fix it. FYI, make sure you're not holding the stick off-center on your pad when it first gets its power on. In some cases, that will be read as the "center" of it until the next time the power comes on.

Others don't have this problem.

figmentPez

figmentPez

If you ever get that screwed up, it can be "interesting" to fix it. FYI, make sure you're not holding the stick off-center on your pad when it first gets its power on. In some cases, that will be read as the "center" of it until the next time the power comes on.
I seem to remember there's a button combination on Gamecube to reset the centering... *googles* Ah, hold X, Y, & Start for 3 seconds to recenter the joysticks. (And there are different button combinations on the Wii) Not sure if any other consoles can do this.

Eriol

Eriol

I seem to remember there's a button combination on Gamecube to reset the centering... *googles* Ah, hold X, Y, & Start for 3 seconds to recenter the joysticks. (And there are different button combinations on the Wii) Not sure if any other consoles can do this.
I'd bet on it. When I wrote my original post I remembered there was SOME system I had which had instructions on how to re-center, but didn't remember which, so I appreciate the extra info.

Hylian

Hylian

While the Nintendo presentation kind of muddled the selling points of the system behind Nintendo being weird stuff I must say they are really nailing it with the commercials themselves

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

While the Nintendo presentation kind of muddled the selling points of the system behind Nintendo being weird stuff I must say they are really nailing it with the commercials themselves

Nintendo has a long history of going after the bathroom demographic

Hylian

Hylian

Nintendo has a long history of going after the bathroom demographic

That was the first thing that came to mind when I saw their new commercial

GasBandit

GasBandit

Watching Nintendo Commercials:

figmentPez

figmentPez

Hahaha, oh CNET, you just can't stand that you've lost relevance.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Stress tests are showing 3 hours for the Switch battery. That's across the board--it uses the same amount of battery whether you're playing a game or just have the Switch on. I guess that's refreshing versus 3DS's "it all depends on what you're doing" range of hours, but at the same time feels silly.

Whatever for me personally. By the time I get one they'll have upgraded the battery to 4-5 hours and that'll be more than how long I want to play a game non-stop at home when it isn't Dark Souls or Hearthstone.

Far

Far

I have several battery packs from when I went hard on pokemon go in the summer and my average commute each day works out to just over 2 hours so I'm not too worried about that battery life to be honest. I ended up ordering a usb 3ds charger as it is because I found that thing dying on the tail end of 2 hours as well when actually playing something. Mine is also quite old though.

Gus

Gus

I just got a PS4 so I'm gonna pay attention to that for a while :D

figmentPez

figmentPez

Nintendo Switch Cartridges Taste Awful So Kids Won't Eat Them

“To avoid the possibility of accidental ingestion, keep the game card away from young children,” the company said. “A bittering agent (Denatonium Benzoate) has also been applied to the game card. This bittering agent is non-toxic.”

Dei

Dei

When I eventually get a Switch, I plan to buy everything digitally, because I will NEVER be able to keep track of those things. (See also why I buy all my 3ds games digitally)

GasBandit

GasBandit

The cartridge contains Denatonium Benzoate!

"Can I go now...?"

Terrik

Terrik

In a strange turn of events, I just came back from a Nintendo Switch midnight event with a Switch in my hands, along with a pro controller and the collectors edition of Zelda.

Lets be honest, this:

zeldascire.png

Has a lot to do with it. 62 reviews with a 98% average. GG nintendo.

0303170025.jpg

I actually wanted the Red/Blue version, but the guy in front of me jacked the last one. I think I can live with Grey, though.

0303170025a.jpg

Collectors edition box is like 2x the size of the console box.
1.png

2.png

The collectors edition comes with a coin, map, soundtrack, game, and switch carrying case

3.png

0303170027a.jpg

0303170028.jpg

Welp, time to fire this up and see what its like.

Squee.

Dei

Dei

I ordered one from Walmart that I'll get on Tuesday. And it'll be red/blue :p I think my Wii U Zelda from Amazon is going to get delayed since it's said shipping soon all day, but we'll see.

Dave

Dave

I don't want a Switch but I want to buy one for my son. Trouble is, he'll probably have one before he gets home in May. So I have to figure out which game to get him for his birthday.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Terrik

Terrik

What a catchy tune. I'd buy a copy on iTunes, but I don't have any more money.

Dei

Dei

You could cancel it anyway.

Amazon says they're sold out on Wii U copies, so there's a possibility they ran out of stock but kept taking pre-orders because even they can't guess what Nintendo is going to do.
I couldn't cancel because it said shipping soon, but I got a notification that it was delayed and an email with the shipping number at the same time, so according to that number it's already out for delivery. So yeah, something at Amazon fucked up, but it should get here.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I couldn't cancel because it said shipping soon, but I got a notification that it was delayed and an email with the shipping number at the same time, so according to that number it's already out for delivery. So yeah, something at Amazon fucked up, but it should get here.
I'd check the tracking number through the delivery company's site. They are ahead of Amazon's tracking sometimes. Then there was that one time where I didn't get a tracking number until 5 hours after the parcel was delivered.

Dei

Dei

It's already out for delivery. Amazon didn't even give me the tracking number until that last nonsense.

Dei

Dei

I'm about 4 hours in to Zelda and the switch. Have to say, I'm pleased. I'm a huge Zelda fan, so I'm biased, but I feel like the game was worth the price of admission. Remember when I bought the Wii U, then a couple days later returned it and got a PS4? I feel the complete opposite of that this time around. Its a joy to play. Lets see if I feel the same 30 hours in.
And then it will languish for months until something else worthy comes out. ;)

Terrik

Terrik

And then it will languish for months until something else worthy comes out. ;)
Yeah, but I was counting on that.

Mass effect comes out, another fire emblem comes out, not to mention I dont own Mario Kart 8, so that might be a purchase, plus the PS4 Horizon Zero is supposed to be great, and to top it all off, Dawn of War III hits this year. I AM GAMING PREPARED.

Also, if all fails, I can always fall back on the putrid pile of festering gaming experience known as Overwatch with @Snuffleupagus

PatrThom

PatrThom

What a catchy tune. I'd buy a copy on iTunes, but I don't have any more money.
Hah! I was already out of money before the launch date!

--Patrick

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I was trying really hard to convince myself not to buy a switch, but everywhere being completely sold out really helped keep me clean.

BErt

I'm thinking of using switch-mania to finally buy a Wii U if I can find one cheap. I bought Bayonetta 2 when it came out, and I'd like to play the latest Smash and Mario Maker...is it worth buying a defunct system at this point? What say you all?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I had a Bokobin steal the meat from a wild boar I shot. Fuck those guys.
They started chasing a boat I shot but failed to kill, but I didn't know they could take the goods. Yeah, they can fuck off.

I tried using their horns and teeth to make a recipe, but the result was apparently so grotesque that the game had to censor it with pixels. Still healed for two hearts though![DOUBLEPOST=1488673458,1488673322][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm thinking of using switch-mania to finally buy a Wii U if I can find one cheap. I bought Bayonetta 2 when it came out, and I'd like to play the latest Smash and Mario Maker...is it worth buying a defunct system at this point? What say you all?
Depends how cheap you can find it. Bayonetta 2 is unlikely to get a Switch re-release, so if you're determined to play it, it'll have to be a Wii U eventually. That said, I feel like Wii U's will be cheaper later.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Switch save game data can't be transferred

So, unlike the Wii and WiiU, there's no way to backup your save game data? Hmm... Countdown to when Nintendo reveals that their paid online service will feature cloud sync of save game data?

Far

Far

Yeah good luck if it bricks or your saves get corrupted. Hearing that has made me pause on my potential future purchase.

And apparently all the saves are stored only on system memory capped at 32 gbs, some of which is obviously taken up by the OS.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Yeah, so here's some torture porn:

PatrThom

PatrThom

Yeah, so here's some torture porn:
And here I thought the tear-down was savage.

--Patrick

Dei

Dei

Hey people who own a Switch (I saw @Terrik among a few others), my friend code(lol) is SW-0001-1830-2164

Terrik

Terrik

Hey people who own a Switch (I saw @Terrik among a few others), my friend code(lol) is SW-0001-1830-2164
I cant believe friend codes are still a thing

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I received Zelda as part of the gift. I bought Fast RMX as a download code on Amazon Saturday. The racing game is very, very fun.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I can't wait to join this thread in however long it takes me to find a switch for sale, without paying scalper prices.

GasBandit

GasBandit

The Zelda stuff has been spun off into its own thread.

https://www.halforums.com/threads/zelda-botw-thread.32273/

Dei

Dei

Also, I'm happy about the extended Mii color wheel, but they still don't quite have the right shade for the auburns in the family.

IMG_20170307_154124.jpg

Dei

Dei

My husband vehemently insisted that I buy Blaster Master Zero today.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Googled it...

Wow... that's... seriously retro.

Frank

Frank

It's great. Since when was March the best game month?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

PatrThom

PatrThom

It's great. Since when was March the best game month?
Since everything Switched.

--Patrick

Eriol

Eriol

Somebody please post the "Fry, shut up and take my money" pic.

Dei

Dei

Found a Pro Controller at Target in Boulder. Huzzah!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

So, I'm walking through my local Wal-Mart today after work, one of the many places I called this morning to see if any new switches had come in, and was given the bad news. But just out of curiosity, I mosey on down to electronics and take a peek.

The switch case is, as expected, empty. But sitting there, pushed to the back, in the WiiU case, is a Switch! I immediately find an employee, have them unlock the case and sell it to me. As I'm walking out, I hear one of the other employees say "You didn't sell that Nintendo Switch, did you? It was supposed to be held for Jeff."

Sucks to be Jeff.

Dei

Dei

Yeah, that wasn't something being held for a customer, that was an employee trying to hide it to buy it after their shift. Which is so very not allowed. Sucks to be him indeed.

Far

Far

Yeah, that wasn't something being held for a customer, that was an employee trying to hide it to buy it after their shift. Which is so very not allowed. Sucks to be him indeed.
Work for best buy but 100% we can be fired for doing this. A guy was a few months back for doing so with the classic.

We're legit just not even allowed to buy them from our stores yet, let alone hold them. Doesn't matter cause we don't have any to do either.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Also, fuck Jeff.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Serves Jeff right for being such an amateur hider.

--Patrick

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

So, I'm walking through my local Wal-Mart today after work, one of the many places I called this morning to see if any new switches had come in, and was given the bad news. But just out of curiosity, I mosey on down to electronics and take a peek.

The switch case is, as expected, empty. But sitting there, pushed to the back, in the WiiU case, is a Switch! I immediately find an employee, have them unlock the case and sell it to me. As I'm walking out, I hear one of the other employees say "You didn't sell that Nintendo Switch, did you? It was supposed to be held for Jeff."

Sucks to be Jeff.
No, I got mine last Saturday, I'm cool with it.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

For those who own a Switch and are okay with temporarily giving up some of that cozy 32 gigs:

Dei

Dei

That's why man created memory cards. :p

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

That's why man created memory cards. :p
Yeah, mine is 232 gigs now

Eriol

Eriol

For those who own a Switch and are okay with temporarily giving up some of that cozy 32 gigs:

Hour-long sessions only? That's rather restrictive. What happened to people doing betas an entire weekend?

Dei

Dei

That's basically how they did it for the first game too. It's silly, but I'm pretty sure they are less concerned about giving people a demo, and more interested in getting a bunch of stress tests on the server at random times.

Dei

Dei

I know that 1,2 Switch is supposed to be the gateway casual party game, but honestly, I think Snipperclips is way more fun, maybe because it's co-op. @Terrik you should totally play this one with Jun. ;)

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I had a similar experience. Snipperclips may not take remotely as much advantage of all the motion/gyro-stuff, but it's way more fun than 1,2, and cheaper to boot.

1,2 feels like it should have been included for free as a demo of things the Switch could do. Snipperclips remembered to also be fun.

Dei

Dei

Terrik

Terrik

I know that 1,2 Switch is supposed to be the gateway casual party game, but honestly, I think Snipperclips is way more fun, maybe because it's co-op. @Terrik you should totally play this one with Jun. ;)
It actually really looks fun. I'll probably have to show Jun a video or two like you just posted, because as you know, she's really not into games. I think the last game she really enjoyed was Bonticula. Maybe she'll like this too.

Eriol

Eriol

Anybody else getting a weird DNS error that just wouldn't go away? Switch wifi networks, no dice?

Here's a tip: turn your switch OFF. Not sleep, OFF. To do that, it can't be docked (mine's been near-nonstop docked since I got it). Take it out of the dock by attaching the joy-cons and pulling it out. Hold down the power button and select the "more options" (or something, can't remember at this instant) part, and it will have a REAL "turn off" option. Do that. Then turn it back on. It'll re-connect to your wifi no problem, and you won't have the error.

I discovered this when I couldn't go to the store, and couldn't update the system. A "true" reboot fixed it, from some advice online. Then Zelda updated too! :p

So I guess we're back in the 90s where you need to reboot every week or so?

GasBandit

GasBandit

So I guess we're back in the 90s where you need to reboot every week or so?
I've even been noticing that with PCs at work, lately. Windows system-run components with huge fucking memory leaks that mean you lose about a gig a week in RAM that just never comes back no matter how many applications you close. Only recourse seems to be rebooting. And it's not just the windows 10/7 machines, even my old XP boxes that I have doing absolutely nothing but running one legacy app that requires that OS and never had memory problems before are having it. I've got no hard evidence, but my IT sense is telling me it might have something to do with Java, or Security Essentials/Defender.

Zappit

Zappit

It's the modern equivalent of blowing on the cartridge.

Eriol

Eriol

The part about it I found most "distressing" (that's not the right word, but vocabulary fail this morning) was how non-obvious it is to actually shut down the machine. Yes I know that "off" doesn't mean such since at LEAST two console generations ago (Wii Connect) but at least then they both told you it was happening, and there was a clear visual indication of the mode (yellow light = not really off vs red light = off). Here, there isn't even a good "shutdown" key unless it's un-docked? That's weird.

Also putting my engineer hat on (well, fastening it more tightly, as it's never really off, as my wife will attest) IMO this is a symptom of custom OSs being used by Nintendo, and every console manufacturer except Microsoft (it's mostly Windows 10, with the computer-like stuff hidden for the most part). If they were relying on a larger entity for basics like network stack, then they wouldn't have this problem, and/or it'd be fixed FAST. Hence why the XBone and even back to their older consoles were updated well because their entire OS ecosystem was updated and common functionality/bugs targeted to everything.

Basically, if Nintendo had released an Android tablet with "Switch capabilities" they wouldn't have this problem. Remember, the Switch is basically a custom riff on an Nvidia SHIELD tablet (which is awesome btw, I have one), so making it run stock Android would probably be trivial (in the engineering sense I mean). If they did that they'd have OTHER problems, but not this network stack one. ;)

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Picked up a new set of Joy-con controllers and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with the remained of my birthday money. Just waiting on MK to arrive on Monday, got the Amazon Prime early order discount too.

Eriol

Eriol

This got delivered to Work today:
IMG_20170502_150019.jpg

There will be gaming when I get home...

GasBandit

GasBandit

View attachment 23772
I just found out that MK8 has auto-steering. And it's enabled by default.

Just when I thought peasantry couldn't get more casual.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I just found out that MK8 has auto-steering. And it's enabled by default.
WUT? wat? What?

Obscurus Lupa _ Nope Done Bye.gif

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

It's an incredibly annoying feature. The first time that I bee-lined to what appeared to be a shortcut ramp off a drift, the game auto-steered me off. I assumed at the time that I had bumped into a weird track boundary and thought nothing of it.

Then I did the same thing to try and get onto an off-track ramp with a boost at the jump, and got auto-steered off, and that made it plain that it wasn't some weird collision thing, it was fucking auto-steer. Turned it off immediately.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

View attachment 23772
Got mine yesterday! It's fun game. Turned off the auto-steer, it got better.

Eriol

Eriol

Also remember to turn off "tilt controls" (the middle icon). I thought there was a problem with my stick for a while... i was just holding the controller at an angle.

Dei

Dei

I don't know what I love most about this video. Jim telling elitists to fuck off, or the comments below the video.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I don't know what I love most about this video. Jim telling elitists to fuck off, or the comments below the video.

What about the reveal at the end that he doesn't wear pants behind the podium?

Dei

Dei

What about the reveal at the end that he doesn't wear pants behind the podium?
I also liked "Wine is like beer, but it tastes better."

Dei

Dei

Dei

Dei

SO how about the fucking disaster that is Nintendo's online chat service? lol

chris

chris

Nintendo released informations about their online service.
Instead of one classic game for one month, it's ongoing access to the library. Oh and it's 20 $ a year.

Fun Size

Fun Size

I was thinking about getting my son one for his birthday next week, but it looks like no one actually sells them. How unlike a Nintendo product.

chris

chris

My local electronic store has like 10 or 15 lying around.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Huh. I did an online search of all local retailers, and came up with nothing.

chris

chris

I should point out that "local" means here in Germany

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Europe seems to have plenty, it's North America that still has no supply

Dei

Dei

So today Nintendo announced that there will be a deluxe version of Pokken Tournament for the Switch and Gold and Silver on VC (I think for 3ds?) in Sept, and a Sun and Moon Deluxe for the 3DS in Nov.

Zappit

Zappit

Got Arms.

Played Arms.

Arms is fun.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Sounds like someone could make some sweet ebay profits...

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Got Arms.

Played Arms.

Arms is fun.
Arms tired.

Typing hard.

Itchy. Tasty.

Zappit

Zappit

Arms tired.

Typing hard.

Itchy. Tasty.
Maybe I wanted to tell a story and offer up a review in less than ten words. Did you consider that? Hmmmmmmm? :p

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Maybe I wanted to tell a story and offer up a review in less than ten words. Did you consider that? Hmmmmmmm? :p
Itchy Itchy Scott came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty.

Dei

Dei

Fun Size

Fun Size

I might finally play Dark Souls. I've heard it's pretty easy for a filthy causal like myself, so I'm stoked.

Denbrought

Denbrought

I might finally play Dark Souls. I've heard it's pretty easy for a filthy causal like myself, so I'm stoked.
As a complete asshat when it comes to non-JRPG games on controllers, I was surprised at how doable the game is. Granted, you die a lot learning (esp. when trying to do it with minimal spoilers/guidance), but it's not punishingly bad. Then again, I'm not done with it (I have no idea how far in I am).

Covar

Covar

I'm really tempted to buy Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze again.

chris

chris

Nintendo Japan and Nintendo Europe have a special announcement for the Switch today 10pm UK time.
There is nothing on the American site right now.

If I have to guess, It's probably about their Online service for the Switch and no new game announcements.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Got an email from them, 5pm eastern and 2pm pacific.

edited to correct time because I typo'd.

Far

Far

I gotna Switch, Odyssey, BotW and Rabbids was half off and I've enjoyed X-Com in thenpast so I grabbed that as well. Really enjoying all of them, even starting over BotW again after playing it on the Wii U.

FC: SW-5375-6250-7816

chris

chris

ok, I must admit I didn't expect that.

Frank

Frank

What a weird thing I have no interest in.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Damn that's cute.

Covar

Covar

Not going to lie those seem really cool. Like Google cardboard, but with much more creativity.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I wish I was working because I kinda want to buy a Switch now. A friend of mine let me play Super Mario Odyssey. It was delightfully amazing.

Frank

Frank

Best take I've read, paraphrased, was something like, best thing about this new bulky accessory that you'll probably eventually regret buying is it's cardboard and will eventually disintegrate, unlike those piles of forever trash Rockband instruments.

Far

Far

This reduces the cost of producing potentionally innovative controller types without the huge risk associated with typical manufacturing. Particularly if they ultimately don't prove successful, it shouldn't be such a huge loss to scare companies away from trying fun stuff.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Miyamoto then introduced his new wife:

drifter

drifter

Denbrought

Denbrought

figmentPez

figmentPez

The parts I found interesting:

- Assembling the fishing pole cardboard took two adults 50 minutes. They had an hour to do it, and the Nintendo staff said most people wouldn't finish. These are some pretty complex builds.

- A lot of the Labo use the infrared camera that's in a Joycon. I knew they had an IR sensor, I didn't realize it was a full on IR camera. That's how the piano Labo works, there are IR reflectors on the backs of each of the keys, and the Joycon detects when those move. And the "toothbrush bug" Labo (the one that moves by vibrating the Joycon) uses the IR camera as well, it can follow your hand around by detecting it with the camera.

- There's a feature that allows you program your own cardboard. It's still under wraps, people attending the event weren't allowed to film that functionality, but they were allowed to talk about the fact that it exists. There's some sort of visual programming feature that you can use to set up interactions.

Dei

Dei

Nintendo is already winning for me 9 minutes in, new Mario Party, new Fire Emblem. :D

Dei

Dei

Smash has every single fighter they have ever put in Smash in it.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Nice. That's how it should be, IMO. Not that I play Smash :D

BErt

SMASH BROS ULTIMATE GIMME ICE CLIMBERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssssssssssss

Hollow Knight looks cool

Eriol

Eriol

Hollow Knight looks cool
It is cool. Pick it up on Steam. Probably a LOT cheaper.

Dei

Dei

Oh also, Octopath Traveler has a new demo out on Thursday, with a save that transfers to the full game.

Dei

Dei

Oh man, they are actually adding Ridley in as a fighter.

BErt

im only following on a live blog, so when they say "classic gamecube controllers are useable" do they mean only the news ones that are being released for switch or original ones too? if i can use my wavebirds with this i am very very happy

Dei

Dei

im only following on a live blog, so when they say "classic gamecube controllers are useable" do they mean only the news ones that are being released for switch or original ones too? if i can use my wavebirds with this i am very very happy
I assume they'll have a converter like they did for the Wii U.

BErt

Gimme dat Ridley amiibo
AD861FA2-A1B6-4C6E-AC1A-A9D2B52DF47C.jpeg

PatrThom

PatrThom

As someone who has only played one Metroid game and no Smash, at first I misheard and assumed we were talking about Ripley from the Alien franchise, and thought, “That would be amazing!”

—Patrick

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

As someone who has only played one Metroid game and no Smash, at first I misheard and assumed we were talking about Ripley from the Alien franchise, and thought, “That would be amazing!”

—Patrick
Well it is named after Ridley Scott

PatrThom

PatrThom

Well it is named after Ridley Scott
Yes and I frequently conflate Ripley/Ridley for just that reason.

—Patrick

Dei

Dei

GasBandit

GasBandit

Nintendo be all like

But...

It's a cold and broken Wallelujah...

Terrik

Terrik

download.jpg

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Fun Size

Fun Size

I tried Fortnite on the Switch. Wow, did that blow egg water. I mean, I wasn't good on the laptop, but trying to aim with a Switch controller?

figmentPez

figmentPez

I tried Fortnite on the Switch. Wow, did that blow egg water. I mean, I wasn't good on the laptop, but trying to aim with a Switch controller?

Does it use motion controls for fine aiming like Splatoon does?

Dei

Dei

If you aren't used to playing shooters on console, it will always suck.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I really need to save up for a Switch.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Nope, or at least not that I noticed.
Post automatically merged:

If you aren't used to playing shooters on console, it will always suck.
I've played lots of shooters on my XBox 360 with no issues. This was different. It might be that I don't play online games.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

By my calculations, if i don't spend any spending money, I can afford a Switch and a couple games by November.

So long as I don't reach that point and realize how many books I could buy for that much money.

Dei

Dei

Just go to the library a lot. :p

Covar

Covar

Nope, or at least not that I noticed.
That's a bummer. I'm not sure I could easily go back to sticks.

Dei

Dei

Hopefully they add it later, there's already a thread on the Epic forums from people asking for it.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I've considered trading in the Wii U for the Switch, but I notice that all the games that were ported from Wii U to Switch are being sold at new game prices, at least where I've checked, so I'm thinking we might just have to keep the Wii U anyway. Can anyone tell me if any of the following get an appreciable upgrade besides graphic quality?

- Bayonetta 2
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
- Mario Kart 8
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Eriol

Eriol

- Mario Kart 8
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild
For those two, graphics only. We have 8 on both consoles, and I think there's tweaks so it's not so bot-broken online, and maybe a tweak or two, but that's it. And I have BotW on Switch, and a friend has it on WiiU, and supposedly just a draw distance (for detail) difference.

I wouldn't waste the money re-buying. Keep your WiiU.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

For those two, graphics only. We have 8 on both consoles, and I think there's tweaks so it's not so bot-broken online, and maybe a tweak or two, but that's it. And I have BotW on Switch, and a friend has it on WiiU, and supposedly just a draw distance (for detail) difference.

I wouldn't waste the money re-buying. Keep your WiiU.
Thanks! If the Switch versions were cheap, it'd be different, but with each going for $50 to $60, which is as much as I'd get for the Wii U, I'd be in the hole three games' worth.

As it is, if I can abstain from buying more books (I say 5 minutes after buying a book, but it was only 99 cents, come on!), I should be able to afford a Switch by the end of September. Big if.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Something that sucks, but I understand Nintendo doing it, is that they have a 50% eshop sale right now and there are games I want going for cheap, but you can't buy them on their website unless your NNID account is linked to a Switch. I get it, keep people from buying games they can't play, and I really would be putting the cart before the horse, but I could save a lot of money.

And I realize there are already more Switch exclusives I want than Wii U exclusives. After 15 months.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Guess who was irresponsible today?

Also guess who can't afford any more books for the next two and a half months?

EDIT: I like that I did this the day after that sale ends which would've saved me $50. I'm not very bright. I'm also going to go write a story instead of utilizing this thing I got.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Mario Tennis Aces is a blast! It's nice that Julie and I finally have another game to play together. Our gaming has been separate since we lost our zest for Mario Kart 8. I think I made a good choice for first game, especially since it just came out today. Mastering it is going to be difficult.

I'm trying to find where I put in friend codes, or find my own. It's late now though; I'll have to figure it out tomorrow.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Mario Tennis Aces is a blast! It's nice that Julie and I finally have another game to play together. Our gaming has been separate since we lost our zest for Mario Kart 8. I think I made a good choice for first game, especially since it just came out today. Mastering it is going to be difficult.

I'm trying to find where I put in friend codes, or find my own. It's late now though; I'll have to figure it out tomorrow.
Mario Tennis Aces is secretly a fighting game, tricking mario fans into learning how fighting games work.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I signed up for Gamefly again since I can't afford the Switch games I want right now.

Aaaaand Julie has commandeered it so she can get a taste of Splatoon 2. I'm really not jazzed about Nintendo's upcoming online services system. It just doesn't come across like they've thought it through too well.

I should really get around to finding out my friend code.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Okay, after completely forgetting, friend code!

SW-6991-2406-3602

I've added the available friend codes to the first page, but I think there are more people with Switches on here than just those people, so if anyone else wants to throw those out there, just post it here.

Frank

Frank

Man, I was stoked for Octopath Traveler until I found out it was going to be 80 fucking dollars. Shouldn't be surprised, Square Enix is the company that thinks a rerelease of FF12 on PC should be 65.

Dei

Dei

Fortnite on Switch has motion controls now.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I may have to try that tonight.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Do you like shapes? Do you like beats? Just Shapes and Beats is a pretty awesome music based bullet hell with 4 player coop multiplayer. I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Frank

Frank

I accidentally bought Octopath Traveler.

This is a real thing.

@Li3n

@Li3n

I accidentally bought Octopath Traveler.

This is a real thing.
Guessing not the physical copy, since stocks apparently don't last.

Frank

Frank

Guessing not the physical copy, since stocks apparently don't last.
Nope, it in fact was.

I had forgotten I ordered it on Amazon ages ago and just got the email that it shipped. I had meant to cancel that order and forgot.

Terrik

Terrik

I actually really like the game

Frank

Frank

I actually really like the game
I enjoyed the demo too, but I wasn't looking to pay 80 bucks for a SaGa style disjointed story.

Terrik

Terrik

I enjoyed the demo too, but I wasn't looking to pay 80 bucks for a SaGa style disjointed story.
Meh, fair enough. Jun got me a gift card for my birthday so that helped :p

@Li3n

@Li3n

Nope, it in fact was.

I had forgotten I ordered it on Amazon ages ago and just got the email that it shipped. I had meant to cancel that order and forgot.
Sell it on e-bay for a nifty profit?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Holy shit, is that the Canadian price? I only paid $40

Far

Far

Yeah, our new games are $79.99 cad which is roughly $62 usd right now.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Can you not return it with Canadian Amazon?

Frank

Frank

Can you not return it with Canadian Amazon?
I can, it's just a hassle.

chris

chris

So, Luigi is officially killed off.

RIP Luigi.

Oh and Castlevania in Smash Brothers.

34 Castlevania tracks. That's nuts.

800+ music tracks all together. That's even crazier.

103 Stages (300 stages if you count omega and battlefield)!

Shovel Knight as an assist trophy

and Rathalos (Monster Hunter) as assist and boss.

oh and new fighter too.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Looks to me that Luigi is a Ghost now...

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Well, they did it.

Also need to make sure I don't spend all my money on books this year.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Online services going live in second half of the month with next firmware update.

Two drawings Julie found while playing Splatoon 2 are the mood:

- Nintendo about to Thanos half the players
- Pay $20 to disconnect

It's too bad a lot of kids are going to suddenly find themselves unable to play Splatoon. But even then Nintendo needs to make their online more stable if they're going to charge for it.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

And paying to be able to play a game I own is why I hate the online play of most games.

chris

chris

Got a Switch myself this week

Friendcode: SW-4948-0479-7961

Edit: I wish I could unlock the tracks and circuits in Mario Kart 8 and not have everything presented to me.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'm really not feeling the online services. Julie's going to get it so she can continue playing Splatoon 2, and I might bum off hers if I decide to still get Smash Bros (Isabelle announced as fighter today), but from what I can tell I won't need a subscription to play non-Nintendo games.

But hey, if you get a 12-month sub, you can get a couple ugly shirts in Splatoon 2 :aaah:

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

Dei

Dei

Still waiting for Professor Layton. >.>

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

Still waiting for Professor Layton. >.>
Professor Layton would make for a good new third-party addition to the roster. Him, or Shantae.

Dei

Dei

I'm really not feeling the online services. Julie's going to get it so she can continue playing Splatoon 2, and I might bum off hers if I decide to still get Smash Bros (Isabelle announced as fighter today), but from what I can tell I won't need a subscription to play non-Nintendo games.

But hey, if you get a 12-month sub, you can get a couple ugly shirts in Splatoon 2 :aaah:
But what about Animal Crossing in 2019?!

Dei

Dei

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

The true Diamond Dogs.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I'm still waiting for them to add a Miiyamoto fighter.
"I have come...to play."

--Patrick

Dirona

Dirona

I've added a few of you, so figured I should post my friend code too.

SW - 5124-7584-6806

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I can’t remember if I’ve posted here or not, but we have one now and Let’s Go Eevee is pre-ordered!!

Dei

Dei

I think @Squidleybits might like this video.

Far

Far

When it pops out of the ball and does it's little sniffs and slaps the trainer's finger.

Screenshot_20181024-110401_Gallery.jpg

Yes, I'm a grown man.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I think @Squidleybits might like this video.

I love it. It’s so cute. How am I meant to wait?

chris

chris

I bought the very first pokemon at its release 20 years ago. Maybe I will buy Pokemon Let's go after all. Question is which one.

Dei

Dei

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Welp.

Terrik

Terrik

Oh my god the hype is real

Dei

Dei

So who wants to do 2p versus so my son can carry me?!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

In light of the Smash news, I found a handy new tier list on the internet.

grub

grub

I'm buying a Switch for Christmas. I've already ordered this: Mario Party bundle with Joy Cons, and Mario Odyssey. Any recommendations?
We already have a WiiU with Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

If you like tactical RPGs, Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle is excellent.

Eriol

Eriol

I'm buying a Switch for Christmas. I've already ordered this: Mario Party bundle with Joy Cons, and Mario Odyssey. Any recommendations?
We already have a WiiU with Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros.
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/yokus-island-express-switch

Metroidvania meets pinball.

It's good.

Dei

Dei

Snipperclips is a great two player game.

Eriol

Eriol

Snipperclips is a great two player game.
I got that, but found it too finicky too much of the time. When you KNOW what you need to do, but can't do it easily, IMO the puzzle game has failed. But if you like it, great.

Dei

Dei

I got that, but found it too finicky too much of the time. When you KNOW what you need to do, but can't do it easily, IMO the puzzle game has failed. But if you like it, great.
I dunno, I played it with my daughter, and we didn't really have problems with it being finicky.

Dei

Dei

Are there differences in World Pokemon spawns between the two Let's Go versions, or is it just the starter Pokemon that are different? I don't know if that got answered anywhere or not.

n/m I think I found the answer. I'm really just trying to justify buying both versions to myself. :p

"Of course, your first partner Pokémon will be either Pikachu or Eevee depending on which version you get, but the types and rarity of the wild Pokémon that you encounter also differ between the two games. For example, Pokémon like Oddish, Sandshrew, and Growlithe only appear in the wild in Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!, while Bellsprout, Vulpix, and Meowth are only found in the wild in Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!"

Dei

Dei

It's just too cute!

DsJRGXKUUAAoL02.jpg

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

There is no shame in having both!

Far

Far

Yes, his name is Sparky...

46408092_10157317415347079_1793227830528573440_o.jpg

46412685_10157317415337079_252284459116658688_o.jpg

46372572_10157317415377079_5003933905418452992_o.jpg

46332174_10157317415367079_3514947397631344640_o.jpg

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

My Eevee is named Fluffy.

C6D1E755-6BBB-448B-A228-084169296D19.jpeg

And I caught my first shiny. I was shocked!

3FB75479-1DC2-43B7-A872-7B1862726491.jpeg

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Eevee and my trainer are wearing matching sailor suits and I don’t care how terribly cheesy it looks.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'll at least have to rent one of these.

grub

grub

I don't think sailor suits are so expensive that you need to rent one.

Far

Far

pika face.png

2018111621530500-94CAAF6C83EE682D358EB6183EEF7D28.jpg
2018111621530900-94CAAF6C83EE682D358EB6183EEF7D28.jpg
2018111621531200-94CAAF6C83EE682D358EB6183EEF7D28.jpg
2018111621531400-94CAAF6C83EE682D358EB6183EEF7D28.jpg
2018111621531600-94CAAF6C83EE682D358EB6183EEF7D28.jpg
2018111621531900-94CAAF6C83EE682D358EB6183EEF7D28.jpg
2018111621532400-94CAAF6C83EE682D358EB6183EEF7D28.jpg
2018111621532800-94CAAF6C83EE682D358EB6183EEF7D28.jpg

Dei

Dei

BTW, I spent three days trying to sync my Pokemon Go account before Reddit clued me in to the idea that my Fitbit could be messing up the signal. After I stopped it from connecting to my phone I was able to sync accounts. This applies to any smart watch, just in case any one else runs in to the same problem.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Let’s Go Meltan?

409DFC6B-609B-4BC0-806E-FB86CBA3A8EB.jpeg

I forgot to pinap one lol

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I don't think sailor suits are so expensive that you need to rent one.
It starts to add up though if one wanted to match all the outfits in the game. Renting isn’t a bad plan overall :)

BTW, I spent three days trying to sync my Pokemon Go account before Reddit clued me in to the idea that my Fitbit could be messing up the signal. After I stopped it from connecting to my phone I was able to sync accounts. This applies to any smart watch, just in case any one else runs in to the same problem.
Were you able to get it to work?

It rejected my magic tablet. Terribly rude of it I think.

Celt Z

Celt Z

We have a Switch now.

More specifically, Mr. Z bought a switch 2 years ago, planning to sell it, then got lazy and gave up. So this weekend he bought Li'l Z and I Let's Go, Pikachu! and cracked the thing open.

There went my weekend. And a bunch of weekends to follow.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

So, who has a nintendo online subscription that wants to trade some pokemon with me? Specifically to evolve my graveler

Dei

Dei

So, who has a nintendo online subscription that wants to trade some pokemon with me? Specifically to evolve my graveler
I haven't found the trading hub yet, I probably should have though. But I can trade with you sometime.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I haven't found the trading hub yet, I probably should have though. But I can trade with you sometime.
There's no hub, open the menu and select the connection option, then follow the menus for what you want to do. In order to trade with someone, you and that someone both put in a 3 digit code made of pokemon pictures, and then see if you get connected.

It's not the best system, but nintendo doesn't understand online

Dei

Dei

There's no hub, open the menu and select the connection option, then follow the menus for what you want to do. In order to trade with someone, you and that someone both put in a 3 digit code made of pokemon pictures, and then see if you get connected.

It's not the best system, but nintendo doesn't understand online
Ah ok, I was expecting it to be in a global hub, or the back room of a pokemon center. But that's old school I guess.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Shortly I should be able to trade. I just need some more time to gather up Pokemon.

Dei

Dei

Do you need a Ponyta?! I have 258 extra ones.

IMG_20181118_200741.jpg

Far

Far

I've heard you don't need to go past 31 combo to max out shiny and IV chances, but the xp gains alone must be worth it. Each that spawns has the same chance past that.

Dei

Dei

I've heard you don't need to go past 31 combo to max out shiny and IV chances, but the xp gains alone must be worth it. Each that spawns has the same chance past that.
That's true, but that doesn't mean it doesn't take a lot longer than 31 to get what you want. :p My Pokemon gained 40 levels while I tried to get a shiny. I was getting my 5th gym bag with level 75 Pokemon.

Far

Far

Just saying you don't need to catch them past 31 if all your looking for is the shiny. You can just walk around and let them respawn and despawn. But yeah the xp gained from doing it is nothing to scoff at.

Dei

Dei

Just saying you don't need to catch them past 31 if all your looking for is the shiny. You can just walk around and let them respawn and despawn. But yeah the xp gained from doing it is nothing to scoff at.
No reason not to catch them while you are there, especially if you are looking for good IVs or Pokemon specific candy.

Dei

Dei

IMG_20181119_152423.jpg

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Whoever is willing to trade to evolve my mon, I'll be in the discord!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Whoever is willing to trade to evolve my mom, I'll be in the discord!
...did anyone else see this at first glance?

—Patrick

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I saw nothing...

I’d be up for some trades once I catch some more stuff.

Dei

Dei

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

My kids and I just watched that. That guy is hilarious.

Frank

Frank

So I'm going to pick up that Pokemon game.

Oh, the only way to get Mew is to buy a 65 dollar novelty controller? That's....really scummy Nintendo.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

So I'm going to pick up that Pokemon game.

Oh, the only way to get Mew is to buy a 65 dollar novelty controller? That's....really scummy Nintendo.
I bought the controller from Walmart, got mew, and then returned it.

You need the Nintendo online pass to trade or battle online, though.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I can’t find him during the current Go event, so I looked for him here instead :)

F63F77BE-891B-4499-8C10-A281330D33BC.jpeg

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I can’t find him during the current Go event, so I looked for him here instead :)

View attachment 28070
Here's my new sweeper

Burst_Cover_GIF_Action_20181124001509.gif

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I just read more and this was candy and not luck lol. Doh. I got excited over nothing.

Less so to see this.

73B5D7B2-DE11-4A38-A48C-D2FE5342ED51.jpeg

Attachments

Frank

Frank

So I asked my friend who's the only person I know in the real world who's way into Pokemon which version she got so I could get the other and her response was, "Don't buy it. Just wait. It's nearly December. I don't want to spell this out further."

Yay, Pokemon for Christmas.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Omg I was having too much fun with this.

4D1B3450-A4B8-4CBF-A87B-E8D90CC9AC8F.jpeg
9C2FB17A-4A61-4150-BBD6-413D9F103597.jpeg
EB74FACF-A188-4342-A66F-6A6ECAE19A56.jpeg

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

B854278D-1917-4999-9518-01A5A38A7D67.jpeg

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Got my diploma (and my shiny charm!) today too!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

AF6BD24E-DA19-4733-B7C7-1C6CBAA50D99.jpeg

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

So Nintendo is having a Smash-themed Splatfest in Splatoon 2 on the weekend Smash comes out. I'm not sure what their game is here; it feels like competing with themselves for attention.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

So Nintendo is having a Smash-themed Splatfest in Splatoon 2 on the weekend Smash comes out. I'm not sure what their game is here; it feels like competing with themselves for attention.
They're both multiplayer games and might convince people to pony up for the online subscription

Fun Size

Fun Size

So I remember loving Diablo when it came out forever ago, and I want to play Diablo 3. So, if you guys had both a switch and an ultra-powerful laptop, which would you buy Diablo 3 on?

Double posting to Diablo 3 thread, because duh.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Double posting to Diablo 3 thread, because duh.
Posting my reply in the Diablo thread.

—Patrick

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Diablo 3 is on discount on the eShop.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Dei

Dei

:aaah::aaah::aaah::aaah::aaah::aaah::aaah::aaah::aaah::aaah::aaah::aaah::aaah::aaah::aaah::aaah::aaah::aaah::aaah:

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

He'll be listed as "Joker from Personal Q2"

Fun Size

Fun Size

I like that because I can't play Persona 5 because I refuse to buy a $500 machine for one game, but I can still be reminded of the fact that it's there. Just like Persona Q did for Persona 4. :(

Dei

Dei

*hidestheps4shegottoplaydancinggames*

I wonder if Atlas will bring the Crimson version (or whatever it will be called) to the Switch.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I like that because I can't play Persona 5 because I refuse to buy a $500 machine for one game, but I can still be reminded of the fact that it's there. Just like Persona Q did for Persona 4. :(
PS4 was $200 last week, with Spider-man.

I can't play Smash yet because I'm waiting for Julie to get home from a mess of circumstances so I can fix her dinner and help her with stuff. At this rate I'll probably be asleep by the time I can play, so ... tomorrow!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

This was my most painful shiny hunt. He’s a turd to catch, he broke the chain many times and I chose to break it a few times for good shinies and I even ended up letting a few shinies of other types walk by because I’m not chaining this guy again.

24FFAA02-4486-43E3-A5F2-7309232D0ECD.jpeg

Dei

Dei

Nintendo is pissing me off again. You can couch co-op to play online against randos in ranked, but not to use battle arena online to play with friends. Jesus Christ Nintendo, get your shit together.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Nintendo is pissing me off again. You can couch co-op to play online against randos in ranked, but not to use battle arena online to play with friends. Jesus Christ Nintendo, get your shit together.
They want you to buy another Switch.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

@Bubble181 Chrom is now a playable character.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

So there will be four more DLC characters. Any guesses to hazard?

I'm almost certain we're going to get one more Fire Emblem character, but that doesn't feel all that exciting. Maybe another Pokemon, too. These aren't that wild of guesses. I'm kind of stumped. Joker really came out of nowhere to me.

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

So there will be four more DLC characters. Any guesses to hazard?

I'm almost certain we're going to get one more Fire Emblem character, but that doesn't feel all that exciting. Maybe another Pokemon, too. These aren't that wild of guesses. I'm kind of stumped. Joker really came out of nowhere to me.
Well, Nintendo has said that Joker is sort of emblematic of the sorts of characters we'll be getting for the DLC. Characters that we would never have expected.

What do you think about the possibility that they might be all third-party characters?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I'm going to predict banjo/kazooie

Dei

Dei

Minecraft Steve

Frank

Frank

Waluigi...hah ha ha ha

Dei

Dei

TBH to this day I'm still holding out hope for Professor Layton.

Eriol

Eriol

The Knight would be awesome.

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

TBH to this day I'm still holding out hope for Professor Layton.
I could see Professor Layton as a solid pick for this DLC.

If we get another Capcom character, I could see Arthur from Ghosts 'n' Goblins or Phoenix Wright potentially making it. That said, if we were to get another SEGA character, I think a real outside pick would be Kazuma Kiryu from Yakuza.

Dei

Dei

I think @Terrik would have his new main if Phoenix Wright came to Smash.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Minecraft Steve
My kids love this guy!

Far

Far

If this was made by almost anyone else I'd say default Fortnite character's would be a shoe in.

Dei

Dei

If this was made by almost anyone else I'd say default Fortnite character's would be a shoe in.
I mean, Fortnite is on Switch after all.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

A character called Monster Hunter.

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

A character called Monster Hunter.
Honestly, if there ever were to be a Monster Hunter rep as a playable character in Smash, I'd bet a Felyne Companion.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Honestly, if there ever were to be a Monster Hunter rep as a playable character in Smash, I'd bet a Felyne Companion.
I was thinking a generic hunter because of Pokemon trainer, but that's really just an easy way to say there's three more Pokemon to play as. Oh wait, I know!

The Rabbids.

chris

chris

Geralt of Rivia

PatrThom

PatrThom

Yarny

--Patrick

figmentPez

figmentPez

I know it'll never happen but:

With Psychonauts 2 on it's way, even Rasputin would be more likely than Manny.

Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure @LittleKagsin would like it if Kratos were in the game.

figmentPez

figmentPez

What are the odds of Deadpool or some other Marvel character?

figmentPez

figmentPez

List of characters who I would love to see in Smash (who will never be in Smash):
Jim Darkmagic
Ghost/Zombie/Demon Pirate LeChuck (Monkey Island)
Wren and Reynold (Costume Quest)
The Nameless One (Planescape Torment)
The Kid (Bastion)
Eddie Riggs (Brutal Legend)
LEGO Batman
Kinzie Kensington (Saints Row)

Also, Leeroy Jenkins should be an assist trophy.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

What would you recommend for a Christmas gift for the kids for the Switch?

They’re getting Let’s Go Pikachu and I’d like to get them a second game to share.

Dei

Dei

Do you want a co-op game, or just a fun game? Super Mario Odyssey is fun, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Mario Party. If your kids play Monster Hunter with you, they might enjoy Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Would they be interested in the Labo stuff? My kids are kind of old for it (being teenagers) but we got the first one and managed to build the piano and fishing game before they lost interest in building the rest.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I just got Breath of the Wild for my Birthday, so they would be welcome to share my copy. Or at least try it out lol.

A fun and/or Co-op game would be great. I’d love something that the two of them could play together on what will be their shared Switch or that may also be ok for them to play with friends as well.

Dei

Dei

Mario Kart, Mario Party, Smash Bros are games that are fun to play in a group. You can theoretically co-op Mario Odyssey but I always thought it was weird (2nd player can control Cappy somewhat). Snipperclips is a fun 2 player game, but your kids might fight about it (it's co-op). 1, 2 Switch is more a proof of concept party game, but my kids were entertained by it for awhile.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Mario Party.
Do you want to break up a family? Because that's how you break up a family

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Debating whether to get Smash season pass or DLC piecemeal.

Terrik

Terrik

I think @Terrik would have his new main if Phoenix Wright came to Smash.
You aren't wrong. I actually think it might be a real possibility..all AA games were on nintendo systems, plus capcom characters have appeared in Smash so....

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Debating whether to get Smash season pass or DLC piecemeal.
It's not going anywhere, there's nothing that says you can't buy it later when they come out

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

It's not going anywhere, there's nothing that says you can't buy it later when they come out
I was thinking money, but the cost difference is likely little.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I was thinking money, but the cost difference is likely little.
The longer you wait to buy them, the cheaper they become. The price will go down or they will get bundled, and unless the economy starts to see some staggering deflation, “now” money is always worth more than “later” money.

—Patrick

Dei

Dei

The longer you wait to buy them, the cheaper they become. The price will go down or they will get bundled, and unless the economy starts to see some staggering deflation, “now” money is always worth more than “later” money.

—Patrick
I feel like Pat has never dealt with Nintendo stuff before. ;)

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I downloaded the Fitness Boxing demo on a lark, but I think I might want the real game now. The burn was real. My lower body is in great shape from all the running and yoga, but my arms are like babies from neglect and medication.

Its being a rhythm game is cool, too.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I downloaded the Fitness Boxing demo on a lark, but I think I might want the real game now. The burn was real. My lower body is in great shape from all the running and yoga, but my arms are like babies from neglect and medication.

Its being a rhythm game is cool, too.
Nevermind, hurts my back. =/

PatrThom

PatrThom

Nevermind, hurts my back. =/
But not until the next day, right?
Also, if you work your core enough, your back won't have to hold your spine up all by itself, so that might help.

--Patrick

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

But not until the next day, right?
Also, if you work your core enough, your back won't have to hold your spine up all by itself, so that might help.

--Patrick
My core is what I usually work, but the bouncing in the boxing game has you do this thing with weight placement that I can't do right thanks to a prior foot injury, so it goes disproportionately to one leg, and then up my back. It's a stance problem.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Waluigi...hah ha ha ha
Why have one Waluigi, when you can have infinite Waluigis?!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Glitch Creates Hordes Of Knuckles and Waluigis

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Diablo 3 on switch is a lot more fun than I expected it to be. I had thought I was burnt out on d3, turns out I just need to be able to play it on a handheld

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I’m about to start Breath of the Wild :)

PatrThom

PatrThom

I’m about to start Breath of the Wild :)
And that was the last anyone heard of Squidleybits.

—Patrick

Dei

Dei

Anyone interested in having a Halforums Smash Bros night sometime next weekend? We can make a battle arena, beat each other up, and have a good time. Also, my friend code is still on the front page, add me!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Anyone interested in having a Halforums Smash Bros night sometime next weekend? We can make a battle arena, beat each other up, and have a good time. Also, my friend code is still on the front page, add me!
Miis of the halforum crew must be made

Celt Z

Celt Z

Aww, that makes me want to get Smash Bros.!

But I am also mediocre at fighters, so I'd be there just to get my ass kicked.

Dei

Dei

This is me already. ;)

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'm in!

Terrik

Terrik

I'll be around

Dei

Dei

Give me an idea of a good day/time, I'm always around, so I'll set a day/time in a few days after people get a chance to give input. (Also people who can't play until Christmas *cough* @Snuffleupagus *cough*) can also join in by then.

Far

Far

Is online playable? Everything I've seen of it so far says it's really choppy and I've yet to buy the online service to try myself.

Willing to give it a shot though.

Dei

Dei

Is online playable? Everything I've seen of it so far says it's really choppy and I've yet to buy the online service to get try myself.

Willing to give it a shot though.
It's based on the worst internet connection between all the players. So it depends. Terrik and I have done battle arena and it was fine.

chris

chris

Same here. I want to buy Smash but because of christmas I had to make some tough decisions. As soon I have a copy I'm in.

Which would be next year, probably.

mikerc

mikerc

A copy of Smash Bros would be cheaper than visiting @GasBandit

Celt Z

Celt Z

A copy of Smash Bros would be cheaper than visiting @GasBandit
True, but the difference is you guys wouldn't feel conflicted about kicking my ass.

GasBandit

GasBandit

This is a nefarious plot to try to get me to get a Switch, isn't it.

Dei

Dei

This is a nefarious plot to try to get me to get a Switch, isn't it.
Well it would be funny to see you descend into peasantry.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Is there a way to record the Halforum Miis battling it out?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Well it would be funny to see you descend into peasantry.
PCMR stuff aside, if I was ever going to get a console, it'd be a Nintendo one, because their games aren't shitty FPS ports and they aren't actively worsening the PC gaming industry. We almost got a Wii, and probably WOULD have ended up getting a Wii U, had not everything gone to hell in 2013.

Dei

Dei

Is there a way to record the Halforum Miis battling it out?
My son has a capture card that I can probably borrow to stream/record.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

How many people can battle in arena at once, four or eight?

Dei

Dei

Dei

Dei

How many people can battle in arena at once, four or eight?
I somehow can not find this answer with google, and my daughter has apparently decided she wants to play Smash now, so I can't check right this second. I do know that more than 4 can JOIN the battle arena to spectate though.

Dei

Dei

HF Smash Time tonight at 9pm EST! I have my capture card set up so that I can stream/record. Just make sure we're Switch Friends because I plan to set the battle arena to Friends Only.

chris

chris

Damn, I would if I could. But I won't get Smash until next month. But then I'm ready to show how much I suck at fighting games. :p

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

HF Smash Time tonight at 9pm EST! I have my capture card set up so that I can stream/record. Just make sure we're Switch Friends because I plan to set the battle arena to Friends Only.
Four hours to go :D

Dei

Dei

Also, I'm planning to be in Discord. You can use that from your phone if you don't have the switch and a PC in the same room, and the Nintendo voice chat is all smart phone based anyways, so I don't see the point in using it.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Four hours to go :D
Yes and then I finally get out of work

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

That was fun! I'm starting to pass out though, so I'm off. I'll have to figure out how Discord works sometime so I can be in that too.

Dei

Dei

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Sorry I wasn't in chat. I couldn't figure out how to get into the Halforums Discord on the app.

Dei

Dei

Sorry I wasn't in chat. I couldn't figure out how to get into the Halfor Discord on the app.
If you haven't been in Discord before, you need an invite code to join Halforums. I'll post an invite link, but it will only be good for the next 24 hours, but if you do it now it will be ready to go later.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

If you haven't been in Discord before, you need an invite code to join Halforums. I'll post an invite link, but it will only be good for the next 24 hours, but if you do it now it will be ready to go later.

It worked! Thanks!

In other news, playing Breath of the Wild, found a white horse, only found out it was special horse belonging to Princess Zelda after giving it the basic milquetoast name ... Vanilla. :(

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Did anyone else think the Smash Ultimate song lyrics were redundantly saying "fire of flame" before looking it up?

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I have a pink horse in Breath of the Wild :)

He’s a lovely horse. I saved him from some gross things that were attacking him. He left me be his bud right away. All those other solid colored horses were super rude!!!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I am absolutely loving Breath of the Wild! I haven’t even been shiny hunting in Pokémon Go in weeks, I love it that much.

I have a feeling that I may be playing it all year though...

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I am absolutely loving Breath of the Wild! I haven’t even been shiny hunting in Pokémon Go in weeks, I love it that much.

I have a feeling that I may be playing it all year though...
I had such a hard time getting into it back in March 2017 when it came out, but I think part of that's because my brain was hooked on Overwatch/Hearthstone loot box, so any other game where I wasn't earning those subconsciously felt like a waste of time.

Now I'm hooked, too. It's going to take me forever to get through, but I sit down and I just love it.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Maybe I should ask here too. Should I have the DLC now?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Piranha Plant is out on Smash Bros.

... I should really get around to putting in my code. :D

Dei

Dei

There's a direct today. They specifically mentioned they will talk about the new Fire Emblem so I'm excited. :D

Fun Size

Fun Size

All I want to know is when we're getting Yo Kai Watch 4.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

New Smash character?

I'm hoping for Animal Crossing release date so I know how much time I have left to enjoy the Switch before it belongs to Julie, body and soul.

Dei

Dei

PatrThom

PatrThom

OMG WE'RE FINALLY GETTING A FREE PARKING GAME

--Patrick

Frank

Frank

Did they announce Mario Maker Switch? Asking for a guy currently crammed into a bus.

Dei

Dei

Yes

Dei

Dei

RUNE FACTORY OMFG YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!!!!!!!!

Dei

Dei

Tetris battle Royale lol

Dei

Dei

Astral Chain looks pretty sweet.

Dei

Dei

Remastered Link's Awakening also looks fucking great. :O

Frank

Frank

That's a great game to remaster

Terrik

Terrik

Tetris battle Royale lol
lawl.png

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Now the need to re-release the gameboy printer with switch compatibility so I can hunt down photo ops!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I’m glad I saved my Master Ball.

2ED74E9B-CF25-44A4-8291-52DD93BD8DBE.jpeg

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I’m glad I saved my Master Ball.

View attachment 28636
Should have caught that in a premier ball for the extra dedication (Mewtwo can't run)

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I watched a truly scary video where shiny Mewtwo vanished because he escaped from this guy’s entire poke ball inventory. I wasn’t risking it after all those resets.

I also had three Master Balls. I collected two extra from Cerulean Cave during my various shiny hunts.

Eriol

Eriol

Yay for the most DEPRESSING Zelda storyline?

Commit "genocide" (kind of?) to free yourself from a mental prison! Woot!

There was an entire expansion for the MMO Rift which was about the OPPOSITE of this, where waking the dreamer was BAD, since everybody would "die" that were the offspring of the dreams.

That being said, I remember liking the game back in the day, but it's definitely my most "are we really being heroic here?" Zelda game.

Terrik

Terrik

That looks so gorgeous.

chris

chris

Just for the full orchester music I would buy Dragon Quest xi again. And you can switch to 2d optic. The 3d optic is not as good as the playstation version. But that was to expected

chris

chris

So watched the full Direct

Starlink is now a full Starfox game huh?

Holy Shit Hellblade.

Astral Chain looks pretty rad

Link's Awakening remake, so awesome

Some many great games and all in 2019. Nintendo have mercy

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Eriol

Eriol

That game made me actually flip the switch on the free trial of Nintendo Online so I could try it.

I've played 11 or 12 games of it, and won 4 (5? Can't remember right now) of them. The rest I was top 10 except for 1 that I was like 11th or 12th. I knew I was kind of a freak when it came to Tetris, but given that I hadn't played in probably 3-4 years for any length of sessions, I was still surprised I pwned the n00bs so well.

It's actually inspiring me NOT to keep playing, as what's the point? All I'll get for it is that I will reliably win more than half the games I go in, or I find out it's more "oh I guess I'm playing against a God-Tier guy or gal, and I'm fucked anyways, because I'm not Thor." (yes an actual guy's name, not the God or Marvel character) To me there's no "advancement incentive" for me in this. I play Tetris for fun, and this is kind of fun, but not really fun.

Yes I know I sound like an arrogant bastard in this post, but I really am that good. I'll never hit the World Championships or anything like that (not interested), but the stats above speak for themselves. It's just "not that fun" when you have nowhere to advance, and participating just feels more like "I get to stomp on people who are FAR worse than me, yay?"

PatrThom

PatrThom

I know I sound like an arrogant bastard in this post, but I really am that good. I'll never hit the World Championships or anything like that (not interested), but the stats above speak for themselves. It's just "not that fun" when you have nowhere to advance, and participating just feels more like "I get to stomp on people who are FAR worse than me, yay?"
That lament of that portion of the top 1% who aren’t in the top 0.01%.
Of billionaires when comparing themselves to trillionaires, of 150 IQ people comparing themselves to 200 IQ people, AAA to Pro, turbo to top fuel, etc. The name “Nigel Short” comes to mind.

—Patrick

Dei

Dei

chris

chris

Right for the Brexit we go to an Britain inspired region.

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

Right for the Brexit we go to an Britain inspired region.
So...what are the odds the next evil Pokemon group is basically a bunch of soccer hooligans?

Far

Far

I always wait until the final evolutions are shown to decide but definitely leaning towards Scorbunny right now.

Guy on reddit suggested it's name should have been Hopscorch though and if that's not one of the evolutions names, that's what I'm naming mine.

I quite like Sobble too as well. Grookey looks like they realized how dull Pansage was and are trying again.

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

chris

chris

I always wait until the final evolutions are shown to decide but definitely leaning towards Scorbunny right now.

Guy on reddit suggested it's name should have been Hopscorch though and if that's not one of the evolutions names, that's what I'm naming mine.

I quite like Sobble too as well. Grookey looks like they realized how dull Pansage was and are trying again.
Another factor for me is what the german names for the pokemon are. So let's see what the names in other language are, shall we?

English------------Japanese----------French-----------------German​

Grookey-----------Sarunori-----------Ouistempo-----------Chimpep

Scorbunny-------Hibani--------------Flambino------------Hopplo

Sobble-------------Messon------------Larméléon----------Memmeon

Shall we ignore the german names? I think we should.

Celt Z

Celt Z

I dunno, Hopplo sounds cuter than Scorbunny.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Scorbunny kind of sounds like someone who hangs around the football team.

Far

Far

Like a puck bunny.

Though, I think that might be what they are going for with Scorbunny to be honest, footballer inspired at least. The region is based on Britain and he does kind of look like he's wearing a jersey.

Then there's the pun on scor being scorch and score.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Like a puck bunny.
Exactly. Crush some sandos after praccy, boys!

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

Like a puck bunny.

Though, I think that might be what they are going for with Scorbunny to be honest, footballer inspired at least. The region is based on Britain and he does kind of look like he's wearing a jersey.

Then there's the pun on scor being scorch and score.
I almost wonder if, instead of fire/fighting, his fully evolved form might be fire/electric. There's been a few times in anime and videos games (like Inuzuma Eleven or Mario Strikers Charged) that they've associated electricity with soccer.

Maybe if they're going the footballer route with Scorbunny, that's what we might get.

chris

chris

Hopplo sounds cute for sure but it lacks the wordplay the other versions have. Nothing in the name gives me the impression this is a fire pokemon

GasBandit

GasBandit

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

I see some of the new Pokemon have leaked.

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

Celt Z

Celt Z

I would play this game forever if they did that.

Fun Size

Fun Size

I would play this game forever if they did that.
But who could voice such a thing?

Celt Z

Celt Z

But who could voice such a thing?

That'd do, but I was thinking more like

chris

chris

The starter evolutions got leaked

PatrThom

PatrThom

I still think Fire/Fighting should've been, well, a firefighter.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit

And for the Canuckistanians -

PatrThom

PatrThom

Summer of 2016 was quite a time to be alive, eh?

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Summer of 2016 was quite a time to be alive, eh?

--Patrick
*shakes fist*

PatrThom

PatrThom

*shakes fist*
What, you don't remember the forum game where we caught pokemonses, including the incorrectly-resized Canadian ones?

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

What, you don't remember the forum game where we caught pokemonses, including the incorrectly-resized Canadian ones?

--Patrick
.... I didn't really participate in that.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I was obsessed!

Celt Z

Celt Z

I've been reading a good number of these all day, like never-ending joy. I think my favorites are (sorry, I don't know how to embed Tweets) the one that starts "Oi, slag!" and the woman who recorded her brogue about people complementing the Pokemon on their development and the Pokemon being all, "Spot on, Moira!".

GasBandit

GasBandit

sorry, I don't know how to embed Tweets
right click the date on the tweet and say copy link , then just paste the URL here.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Ok, here we go:

And

Dei

Dei

PatrThom

PatrThom

Aaaand it’s gone.
EDIT: wait no just says unavailable, but then the quoted version actually works? Ok whatever.

—Patrick

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

It looks like a few Gen 8 Pokemon have leaked.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Everybody's on board with the scottish pokemon trainer concept.

GasBandit

GasBandit

And more. She's blowing up like Bowsette.

Spoilered for length

OH LOOK A NHS JOKE

Bonus Goblin Slayer Reference:

And now, with sound and motion!

Ok apparently you can't spoiler an imgur embed I guess, so here's that one

"And now, with sound and motion!"

Celt Z

Celt Z

The bagpipes... :rofl:

I wasn't really all that interested in the game until the memes started. Now I want it so badly.

On the other hand, I know there's no way Nintendo is going to allow it to be as amazing as the memes, so there's going to be disappointment.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I wasn't really all that interested in the game until the memes started. Now I want it so badly.
Much like Bowsette/Peachette for New SMB U :D

On the other hand, I know there's no way Nintendo is going to allow it to be as amazing as the memes, so there's going to be disappointment.
Much like Bowsette/Peachette for New SMB U :(

GasBandit

GasBandit

Origin:

Dei

Dei

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I had a 40+ chain of Kangaskhan for shiny hunting and my son dropped his laptop on me for me to buy something and one ran so I lost my chain :(

GasBandit

GasBandit

I had a 40+ chain of Kangaskhan for shiny hunting and my son dropped his laptop on me for me to buy something and one ran so I lost my chain :(
I am guessing thing was not bought, then.

GasBandit

GasBandit

And now with sound

General Specific

General Specific

I've always wondered what a bird's asshole looks like up close (lower left)

PatrThom

PatrThom

I've always wondered what a bird's asshole looks like up close (lower left)
Cloacavision!
That sounds like the name of an unpopular gaming console.

—Patrick

General Specific

General Specific

Cloacavision!
That sounds like the name of an unpopular gaming console.

—Patrick
These controllers are awkward and unresponsive.

chris

chris

And the Nindies starts off with the a huge announcement. Holy Shit.

chris

chris

#figmentPez
A Microsoft exclusive will come to the Switch.

figmentPez

figmentPez

#figmentPez
A Microsoft exclusive will come to the Switch.
What Microsoft exclusive? Why are you being so cryptic?

chris

chris

What Microsoft exclusive? Why are you being so cryptic?
I'm a dick. Also I forgot to include the spoiler.

It's Cuphead

Dei

Dei

There's going to be a Zelda game in the style of Crypt of the Necrodancer. I find this amazing.

chris

chris

There's going to be a Zelda game in the style of Crypt of the Necrodancer. I find this amazing.
I know, right?

A Crypt of the Necrodancer crossover with Legend of Zelda? That's awesome on multiple levels.

chris

chris

Let's not forget the Blaster Master Zero sequel

Dei

Dei

chris

chris

looks interesting. But not enough that I will buy any of the Labo stuff. But for kids it will be probably a great timewaster

Dei

Dei

Tomorrow!

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

Dei

Dei

Dei

Dei

Dei

Dei

Welp, everyone trying to download the Smash update at once has crashed the servers for the last few hours, so it's meme time.

IMG_20190417_220359.jpg
IMG_20190417_220419.jpg
IMG_20190417_220452.jpg
IMG_20190417_220553.jpg
IMG_20190417_220655.jpg

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Welp, everyone trying to download the Smash update at once has crashed the servers for the last few hours, so it's meme time.

I've stopped trying to get things from Nintendo day-of. It happened so often with the 3DS and it's not going to change.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Poland "Fuck you China, your lands are mine!"
England "Fuck you China, your wonders are mine!"

Me "Give your balls a tug Poland, ya tit fucker! I fucked you so hard in the last war you started you surrendered cities just to gain peace."

Me "Fuck you England, my armada of battleships just came so hard in your caravels, they landed back in Plymouth after 1 turn."

GasBandit

GasBandit

Poland "Fuck you China, your lands are mine!"
England "Fuck you China, your wonders are mine!"

Me "Give your balls a tug Poland, ya tit fucker! I fucked you so hard in the last war you started you surrendered cities just to gain peace."

Me "Fuck you England, my armada of battleships just came so hard in your caravels, they landed back in Plymouth after 1 turn."
China is truly the Shoresy of the world.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

WTF Greece you warmongering piece of shit, why do you so many vacationers?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Lol Germany wants 2400 gold for peace. Dude you wasted 6 units to kill a catapult.

Celt Z

Celt Z

I just saw @HCGLNS last two posts and forgot this wasn't the Politics thread.

Eriol

Eriol

Lol Germany wants 2400 gold for peace. Dude you wasted 6 units to kill a catapult.
This is what pisses me off the most about Civ. One time in Civ 3, I had a whole continent to myself, and wasn't participating at all with the others. I had to spend increasing amounts of money just so that others wouldn't go to war with me. For... nothing? I basically said "ya go nuts" and killed any of their naval units if they were at war with me at the time and basically ignored them the rest of the time.

Then one nation found the ONE SQUARE on my continent that didn't have my culture making it "my" territory. And founded a city. Which I then took over, making my continent secure again.

Their continent was then mine (including their neighbor, who stupidly stayed at war with me after I rolled over his former enemy). Then the other pair of civilizations (who were still at war with each other as well) also declared war with me for NOT bribing them with money for... peace? Isn't that just extortion? So then I had a conquest victory.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Greece/China declared war on me 5 times last game, and I'm the warmonger? I declared once against Egypt before we had met any othe civilizations.

Greece annoyed me so much I razed every city of theirs located on the border with their expansionist neighbour.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

They settled for 1 gold and acted like a boss.

Germany losses: 4 knights, 2 swordsmen, 2 pokemon 2 catapults, 1 builder

My losses: 1 catapult (I'm in the modern age)

And guess what happened 30 turns later?

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Pud sat on the controller?

Dei

Dei

Eriol

Eriol

They did a "blind team race" of Mario Maker 1 levels at GDQ last year that was GLORIOUS. They had teams of 3, all of whom had never seen the levels they were racing on, so when your teammate (or your rival's team) died, it was hugely beneficial to be seeing what they did or did not do to try and "get past" whatever killed them.

I hope this game produces spectacles just as good.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Game Grumps is going to be killer when this comes out.

That will be my only impression of Super Mario Maker.

Dei

Dei

Just once I'd like Nintendo to figure out what people want from online gaming.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Pokemon Sword and Shield

OPEN FIELD

POKEMON WANDER ON MAP

IT'S WHAT I'VE WANTED FOR SOOO LONG

:aaah::aaah::aaah:

Dei

Dei

Oh boy I can't wait to find out how Nintendo is going to fuck up online play this time!