New Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City ARG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newest Clue is up. This one is actually pretty straight froward. Just pay attention to the image you've been given and follow that.

The reward for this week? Free DLC! Your inserted into a drawing (or maybe we all get it) for the special gold plated Matilda, the 3 round burst pistol that's been popping up since Resident Evil 2. Now in new gold plated finish!

This week's hint? It has nothing to do with Raccoon City Tattoo. That's from a previous week's challenge.

I thought RE4 was a lot of fun to play. Was the plot silly? Absolutely, but then plot depth or cohesion has never been a strong element of Resident Evil.

I thought RE4 was a lot of fun to play. Was the plot silly? Absolutely, but then plot depth or cohesion has never been a strong element of Resident Evil.
RE4 was great because it stepped away from the classic style of the other games and at least tried something new during a time when the series was getting stale. It also told a story that wasn't directly connected to overarching plot, giving us a break from the Wesker Is Neo bullshit that arose after Code: Veronica X.

Unfortunately they basically killed the plot by RE5 because they just stopped caring, dropping entire plot threads in order to just end the story. The Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles games on the Wii do add a bit to the story, but it's basically done now.

Well I have this week's clue figured out and solved... but I have a hitch and can't understand one of the items they posted. Perhaps one of the spanish speaking forumites can help me?

This week's clue is up and it's pretty simple, as long as you've played RE2. Oddly enough, the code for last week's clue was the name of someone working in a group that's been uncovering the answers to these things. They found almost all of the URLs early, so Capcom went out and redid half the puzzles and registered new sites for them. To mess with everyone's heads, they acknowledged him in the code. Now the group is freaking out because know they know Capcom is watching their moves.

My hint for the week? The first thing you need is in the clue description. The other thing you need is a nickname for the Police. Your going to need a periodic table for this, so use the one provided in the clue.

This week's prize looks to be an Inserted Evil/Operation Raccoon City t-shirt.

New clue is up. This one's pretty simple... you just need to meet Force with Force. That'll lead you right to it.

Prize is the second Mask statuette, but it's almost assuredly been picked already. Someone on the Capcom twitter said that prizes would be first come, first serve. Kinda makes it pointless for the one of a kind prizes.

Here's an image of the prize.

So USS and ???
I'm not sure what your trying to say. If your having trouble looking for the code, it has to deal with video once you find the evidence.

EDIT: Are you having trouble with the website URL? Your thinking about it too hard. All you need to do is meet forcewithforce.

I listened to the sound file and I COULD help you... If I understood the key words! I understand spanish, obviously, but I only got "project G" and "Parasyte". probably because I have no idea about Resident Evil and it's characters.

But apparently some scientist is very nervous because he seems to be nearing some big discovery and one of the characters suggests to the other to have a look at XXXXX files (the last word they say in english)

Also, Birkin is nervous and absent looking. He got especially nervous while talking on the phone with somebody
This ties into the main story of RE2. Umbrella thought he was going to run off with his work (he was) and they send a team after him. This is how the Raccoon City Outbreak begins.

Hopefully it is. Shame it got delayed to next year. I think they didn't want the game to get lost in this year's blitz of games.

Ian Sider has been tweeting that he's currently on the run, so no clue this week. However another trailer was leaked...

The more I see of this, the more I am interested. Can't wait to see some more gameplay. I hope the ARG isn't delayed any further though... don't want to lose more active participants, even if it does increase my chances for a prize.

Ian Sider is still missing in action. It's increasingly looking like he may have been caught and they captured his evidence. Our prayers go out to him. In the meantime, check your mailboxes. Someone's been mailing out his gifts to the lucky few that helped him the most.

In the meantime, why don't you guys book a cruise on Queen Zenobia Cruises?

This is the ARG for Resident Evil: Revelations. You can find 3 codes, a password, and a video on the site if you look around but no one is really sure where to input the codes.

C

Chibibar

Ian Sider is still missing in action. It's increasingly looking like he may have been caught and they captured his evidence. Our prayers go out to him. In the meantime, check your mailboxes. Someone's been mailing out his gifts to the lucky few that helped him the most.

In the meantime, why don't you guys book a cruise on Queen Zenobia Cruises?

This is the ARG for Resident Evil: Revelations. You can find 3 codes, a password, and a video on the site if you look around but no one is really sure where to input the codes.
Heh. That is pretty cool. I haven't been playing, but at least I recognize the scene :)

It is from Resident Evil: Degeneration CGI movie

... and it's over. Ian was caught by Umbrella, infected, then executed on the website. Final location is www.umbrellaments.com, as revealed by the piece of paper in the final shot. Unfortunately, it seems like it only links to the previous clue's information...

Status
Not open for further replies.