New Picture Thread

GasBandit

Staff member
No need to remodel for the occasional left-handed President.

--Patrick
No, I mean on both sides of the desk, not just on either side of where you sit. There are drawers on the front AND back. Like someone else is supposed to pull up a chair in front of the president and start putting his office supplies in that side.

GasBandit

Staff member
And it's great for banging interns on.
Heh, actually, the last president to use this particular desk was George HW Bush... when Clinton took over, he moved the Resolute Desk into the Oval Office, and GWB and Obama kept it there.

One must admit, it looks much more... imperial.

fade

Staff member
Heh, actually, the last president to use this particular desk was George HW Bush... when Clinton took over, he moved the Resolute Desk into the Oval Office, and GWB and Obama kept it there.

One must admit, it looks much more... imperial.
I am genuinely curious about the statistics of presidential affairs. And yes, I mean it that way.

As I just mentioned in the Whine, thread, Alix and I were at the hospital with her son for several hours because he was having trouble breathing and kept coughing himself awake.

Fortunately, we (though mostly I because his mom was exhausted) were able to keep him entertained. Such as:

What's that weird distortion effect?
Looks fine to me (now).
Lots of things try to compensate for camera shake, but even when successful they usually can't remove the motion blur. If the shutter speed is too slow (which gets more and more likely the dimmer the light source is), anything that moves will streak. You really notice this in videos where someone taps the camera, for instance, or in stabilized driving videos when the car hits a bump.

Here, watch this video.

--Patrick

Last edited: