[Movies] New Monty Python movie announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as it's not just a fan service movie calling back to old references, I'm in. I used to love Monty Python, but like "the cake is a lie" or endless Star Wars references/parodies, I've not had an interest in revisiting the show or the movies in a long while because of fan overuse.

GasBandit

Staff member
In my mind, there have been more monty python movies over the years. They just replaced Graham Chapman with Kevin Kline, and Carol Cleveland with Jamie Lee Curtis.

I'm ok with this. It has enough of the classic python troupe that it will doubtless be funny, smart, and engaging.

Dave

Staff member
And it's still Robin Williams.
That's really my issue with it. There are some people that you say, "Hey look! It's X!" instead of getting into the character. Some actors and voices are just like that. He'll play a talking dog but the whole time I'll be thinking, "That's Robin Williams as a talking dog."

Okay it's got the Pythons in it, but it's being written by the guy who did...Small Soldiers and The Borrowers.

I'm not classifying this as a Python movie, odds are it's a kid's movie at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.