[Informational] New Addon Thread

The gallery of images is interesting, but I'd rather browse a thread than the gallery. At least that's my experience so far.

The gallery of images is interesting, but I'd rather browse a thread than the gallery. At least that's my experience so far.
That has been my experience as well. I channel everything through "New Posts" and having media exist outside of that is less streamlined. I think the gallery view has some issues compared to images posted in a thread.

Noticed when browsing in media, I'm not getting a preview for GasBandit's Nom Nom Nom Nom gifv file, just an ellipsis. Although the fact that we can now embed HTML5 video is totally sweet.

GasBandit

Staff member
Noticed when browsing in media, I'm not getting a preview for GasBandit's Nom Nom Nom Nom gifv file, just an ellipsis. Although the fact that we can now embed HTML5 video is totally sweet.
Yeah, the plugin doesn't seem able to correctly thumbnail GIFVs. So it just uses the dots for those, unfortunately.

Dave

Staff member
Keep an eye on performance. They always say it won't slow anything down, but I never trust them completely.

GasBandit

Staff member
Keep an eye on performance. They always say it won't slow anything down, but I never trust them completely.
I would be more likely to believe them this time, as it appears all the heavy lifting is done by Google. And Google has some damn broad shoulders.