[Announcement] Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na Eggnog!

Of note, there's been a lot of recent press showing that artificial sweeteners are detrimental to weight loss because they kill beneficial gut bacteria. Before that, there were studies that showed artificial sweeteners are perceived by the body as sugars (not just the tongue), and therefore trigger the same calorie storage (i.e. fat building) reaction as real sugars. Of course, if the reason was not weight loss, ignore me.
The reason in my case is good ol' type 2 diabetes, but I have noticed gut bacteria issues, so I try to mix in some Kefir pro-biotic yogurt drink every other week or so.

I've not yet had eggnog this season. I'll make sure to fix that this week.

Reminder to all, homemade is vastly, vastly superior to store bought. They're practically two different drinks. If you find eggnog too heavy, try homemade.

figmentPez

Staff member
Wouldn't that just be French toast?
If you just dipped bread/pound cake in egg nog, it would be similar to french toast, but that's not what this recipe is. (Also, I'm not sure french bread turns out very well with a quick bread. Usually you want to use a yeast bread because it will hold together when wet.)

Kati made a pear tart for Christmas. Part of the recipe involves poaching the peeled pears in white wine with sugar, peppercorns, vanilla bean, cinnamon sticks, and cloves for about 10-15min and then letting it sit. She also then strained and saved the leftover liquid in the fridge.

You know what's good mixed with lemon-lime soda? This stuff RIGHT HERE. Mmmmmmm….

--Patrick