[TV] My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Yours is probably the more logical assumption Norris but I'll keep my paranoid eyes open.
You do seem awfully cynical when discussing the management of television shows and such. No a criticism, just an observation.[DOUBLEPOST=1352818557][/DOUBLEPOST]
I finally got a chance to sit down and watch the latest episode and I agree that it would have been nice if they had another episode so they could have focused more on the villain but overall I felt it was a pretty good episode. I also agree that there was definitely some major foreshadowing going on throughout the episode and I really hope they roll with it and give us a huge bang at the end.
See, I kind of liked that the villain in this case was more of a presence felt than an actual character. Made him a bit more imposing - the biggest obstacles facing the heroes were the stuff he'd done a millennium prior. If he'd managed to wear down Cadence before Twilight got her hands on the Crystal Heart, game over.

See, I kind of liked that the villain in this case was more of a presence felt than an actual character. Made him a bit more imposing - the biggest obstacles facing the heroes were the stuff he'd done a millennium prior. If he'd managed to wear down Cadence before Twilight got her hands on the Crystal Heart, game over.

I wasn't meaning that we had to get more back story on the villain per say I just meant that I would have liked it if the villain had more of a presence. Something that would have helped drive the fear and dread the ponies felt throughout the episode.

Something that would have helped drive the fear and dread the ponies felt throughout the episode.
Keep in mind that it's a children's show. Their primary demographic isn't going to watch a show that truly conveys constant dread and fear to the viewer.

That's why discord wasn't bad - just backwards. And nightmare moon wasn't scary, just misunderstood.

There are moments of suspense and fear.

Keep in mind that it's a children's show. Their primary demographic isn't going to watch a show that truly conveys constant dread and fear to the viewer.

That's why discord wasn't bad - just backwards. And nightmare moon wasn't scary, just misunderstood.

There are moments of suspense and fear.

I understand that but it still doesn't stop me from wishing

Those pony goddesses sure do like banishing things into eternal imprisonment.

Luna really should have seen it coming when she got on her sister's bad side.

Does anyone else wonder if maybe a thousand years is nothing to an Allicorn? Maybe its a short imprisonment for them?
Except the isolation clearly fucked Luna up a bit. When she got back, she really had no idea how to act around people (though it didn't help that she was scaring them ether). Even now she's a bit cold and stand offish to the people she's supposed to be protecting.

I wasn't meaning that we had to get more back story on the villain per say I just meant that I would have liked it if the villain had more of a presence. Something that would have helped drive the fear and dread the ponies felt throughout the episode.
Dude, did you not see how many stairs he had? I'd dread being forced to walk up and down that many stairs.

So since this season Twilight clearly digivolve to Mega level I make three assumptions. A.) This is the end of this series or B.)CRAZY MAGICAL ADVENTURE! C.) Nothing changes. Results may vary.

If they were going to end it, they would have ended it last year when they hit enough episodes to go into syndication. I think it's just going to go into 13 episode seasons to keep the show going while they try (in futility) to get their other brand shows to take off. Sorry Hasbro, but Littlest Pet Shop? Care Bears? Pound Puppies? Strawberry Shortcake? These shows are all TERRIBLE. Stop making them into saccharine bullshit and maybe kids would watch them.

If they were going to end it, they would have ended it last year when they hit enough episodes to go into syndication. I think it's just going to go into 13 episode seasons to keep the show going while they try (in futility) to get their other brand shows to take off. Sorry Hasbro, but Littlest Pet Shop? Care Bears? Pound Puppies? Strawberry Shortcake? These shows are all TERRIBLE. Stop making them into saccharine bullshit and maybe kids would watch them.
Actually I like this one a bit, its made the same guys who did Recess and it can be pretty good( though it is a some-what unrealistic in how pets are adopted, even for a show about super intelligent talking dogs). Feel free to hate every thing else though, especially the CG ones. Those Care Bears are the ugliest things I've ever seen.

Ross

Staff member
Wooooo Pinkie Pie! Loved it... so many physical jokes along with the fun facial expressions.

I absolutely loved today's episode. There was plenty of jokes throughout the episode but it also allowed a side of Pinkie to show that we don't get to see very often. Plus I loved all the little nods they threw in for the fans.

Okay I saw the whole episode(thanks for the link evilmike) and I laughed my ass off when the one Pinkie Pie made herself look like a G1 pony!

Also did anyone else find it kind of creepy seeing the Pinkie Pies implode like that? I sure did.

Just checked out the first issue of the comic. It's pretty good and has the usual all-ages appeal. Lots of references, including an Invasion of the Body Snatchers one and (I kid you not) one that could only be about that infamous fan fiction about Pinkie Pie called "Cupcakes". Yes, we get a slasher smile from Pinkie.

I swear to god if at the end of season 3 twilight sparkle evolves into an alicorn I will eat my gosh darn hat!, its all I keep thinking, she is being put through a crucible/trial by fire in order to become a princess.
that would also finish out the god-like princesses, you have the princess of light, the princess of dark, and the princess of twilight. a kind of symbolic princess of the stars, who brings light where there is only darkness. If my college education pays off in the sense of trying to build allegory and predicting major story telling archetypes, I will feel very silly if it is true.
CALLED IT!
mlfw4991-13369470835653.gif

I really hope the first episode of the next season has to deal with the relationship and lifestyle issues this change is going to cause. They are fundamentally changing the dynamic of the show and while I'm sure the other characters aren't going to stop being her friends, I really don't see how Twilight could keep living like she does or how her friends can keep things going as they are.