[Movies] My brief Summer Movie Preview / Hype Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi friends, it's another dorky movie post from your friend Chuck. This time I'm going through the Summer movies and putting a number on how much I want to see them. Before I start, I should explain what each number means since I'm too lazy to type words about each!!!

0/not listed: I either don't know anything about this movie, or I know enough to know that there is a zero% chance I'd see it even on accident.

1: I have interest in this movie the same way I have interest in a car crash. I might see this because I hate myself

2: This might not be terrible. I could definitely see myself putting this at the end of a movie-thon or seeing it if it fits nicely between two other movies I want to see more.

3: I'm kind of on the fence on this movie. It's probably 50/50!

4: I am very interested in this movie! I want to see this movie!

5: I am going to see this movie in theaters barring severe physical or financial disability between now and its release. Or if it doesn't play in Houston, I'm probably fucked. But I might try to drive to Austin for it!

Also, I got this off of Box Office Mojo's release schedule thing. If there's something coming out I've missed that isn't Ice Age 7, I probably just don't know about it! Please let me know.

*MAY*
Five-Year Engagement: 3
The Avengers: seen
Dark Shadows: 2
God Bless America: seen
The Dictator: 5
Battleship: 1
What To Expect When You're Expecting: 1
Chernobyl Diaries: 2
MIB 3: 3 (lol)
Moonrise Kingdom: 5

*JUNE*
Piranha 3DD: 4
Snow White & the Huntsman: 2
Prometheus: 5
Safety Not Guaranteed: 4
Rock of Ages: 4
That's My Boy: 2
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter: 2
Brave: 5
Seeking a Friend For The End Of The World: 5
GI Joe: Retaliation: 4
Magic Mike: 4

*JULY*
The Amazing Spider-Man: 38
Ted: 3
The Dark Knight Rises: 5
Killer Joe: 4
The Watch: 1

*AUGUST*
The Bourne Legacy: 4
Total Recall: 4
The Campaign: 4
The Expendables 2: 4
Premium Rush: 2

I'm not a huge theatre-going guy, so I'll just list the ones that are 3 or higher for me, using Charlie's scale:

*MAY*
MIB 3: 3 (eh, I dug the first two but I won't go out of my way to see it. If I have time and friends to see it with, it's likely.)

*JUNE*
Piranha 3DD: 4 (loved the first; can't wait)
Prometheus: 5 (come high or hell water, I am seeing this movie)
Safety Not Guaranteed: 4
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter: 3 (again, I might, but not in a big rush)
Brave: 5 (They had me at "Pixar presents..."
Seeking a Friend For The End Of The World: 3 (though leaning more towards a 2; it'll likely be a Netflix/download for me)
GI Joe: Retaliation: 4 (I'm not gonna lie; I liked the first one. It was a dumb popcorn flick. This one has Bruce Willis & The Rock, so therefore: better.)
Magic Mike: 4

*JULY*
The Amazing Spider-Man: 4 (still hesitantly excited for this one)
The Dark Knight Rises: 5 (Nuff said)

*AUGUST*
Total Recall: 3 (Well, it looks neat. But I liked the camp of the original.)
The Expendables 2: 3 (a low 3, leaning towards 2. I hated the first one, but willing to give them a second shot)

That's partly why I'm willing to give it a second chance. Bruce and Arnold have much larger roles, for one. And it looks like they're letting Arnie do some one-liners. That alone's got me interested. The first one was completely devoid of any decent one-liners.

The reviews for Dark Shadows have been horrible. It went straight from a "must watch" to "I'll wait for the DVD" this weekend.

Expendables 2, Brave, Spider-Man, Batman and Prometheus are the top priorities for me right now. Definitely interested in GI Joe, the trailers make it look much better than the first (plus The Rock is in it and he's always been good in action flicks, wish they'd get him for Expendables). I didn't know anything about Piranha 3DD until a few weeks ago, and it looks hilarious. Mildly interested in Ted.

I also saw the first movie, So I have to agree with Dave.

Most recent trailer made the movie look like Roadblock: the Movie: Featuring the G.I.JOES. Which is disappointing to say the least.
I saw the first movie too. This one has a masked Cobra Commander.

Status
Not open for further replies.