Music that just hits you thread...

This was on a Christmas compilation album that my parents had. I hear it and I'm taken back to Christmas Eve dinner with the tree all lit, excitedly waiting to open one present before heading next door to my grandparents' for the big family gift exchange and party.

I'm just kidding; I just think it's a really cheesy song is all.

Hey! This is why I booted the likes of Charlie out of the thread. No judging musical tastes! Cheesy songs can elicit emotion too.[DOUBLEPOST=1461857687,1461857197][/DOUBLEPOST]

Speaking of Cheesy. Whenever I hear this song, I want to jump on my bike and RIIIIDDDEEEE!!!!!!

Hey! This is why I booted the likes of Charlie out of the thread. No judging musical tastes!
sorry i lied about leaving the thread, but you called me pretentious (for talking about the #1 album on iTunes) before i said word one about your (shitty, sheltered white idiot) picks of music

i can't believe you posted a macklemore song, it's so beautifully perfect

Gwen Stefani's brother leaving No Doubt should have been the point where I realized they would never put out a 100% great album again. Tragic Kingdom is a glorious ska romp and nothing past it could live up to that, regardless of genre.

For a reason that I can't really put a finger on, Bryan Adams' "All For Love" gets me every time. It makes watching Disney's "The Three Musketeers" from 1993 starring Charlie Sheen, Kiefer Sutherland, and Tim Curry a little hairy - which is unfortunate, because that's one of my favorite movies.

This song came out just after I got out of a bad relationship and basically describes her and how she treated me perfectly. I vowed to never be in that kind of relationship ever again.

Had many fun nights playing Little Big Planet Karting and we'd always run through the course that played this music last. So much fun blasting each other off the track while jamming out.

Saw Flogging Molly live, they kicked off their set with this song and when they got to the first repeat line (have blown us all to hell! "TO HELL!"), the entire crowd of ~3000 people all hit the "TO HELL!" at the same time. That was the moment I knew it was going to be an awesome show and I was not let down. Plus, that was the show where I was introduced to Frank Turner, so good night all around.

Last edited:
For a reason that I can't really put a finger on, Bryan Adams' "All For Love" gets me every time. It makes watching Disney's "The Three Musketeers" from 1993 starring Charlie Sheen, Kiefer Sutherland, and Tim Curry a little hairy - which is unfortunate, because that's one of my favorite movies.

Dude. It's that instrument pause into the chorus. I fucking love songs that do that.[DOUBLEPOST=1461944130,1461944006][/DOUBLEPOST]

Always reminds me of that girl. The one that got away. Will always wonder what life would have been like if I had the balls to talk to her back then... le sigh...[DOUBLEPOST=1461944516][/DOUBLEPOST]also:

It doesn't hit me per se, but it seems like I hear it when things start getting rough. It's become my "pick yourself up, dust yourself off" song.

This one got me through a deployment with a toddler and a kindergartner at home. We had only been in Hawaii for about a month before he left. I felt really alone.

YES! Got the Ragin' Cajun into the thread![DOUBLEPOST=1462033388,1462033259][/DOUBLEPOST]
It doesn't hit me per se, but it seems like I hear it when things start getting rough. It's become my "pick yourself up, dust yourself off" song.

This one got me through a deployment with a toddler and a kindergartner at home. We had only been in Hawaii for about a month before he left. I felt really alone.

Ah the ol' Stop being a little whiny toad song.

Mines:

[DOUBLEPOST=1462033471][/DOUBLEPOST]

To this day I have no idea why, but the first time I heard this song, tears started streaming down my face. Couldn't do anything to stop them. Hasn't happened since, but I still love it:

For a more positive thing, whenever I feel down in the dumps, I listen to this and I feel ready to take on the whole universe:

More songs that I relate to as far as what I am and try to be:
Hey thanks for the reminder.
Who Needs Sleep? - BNL

And When I Die - Blood, Sweat, and Tears

A'soalin' - Peter, Paul, & Mary.

(extra points to autocorrect for trying to turn that into "A Stalin")
To this day I have no idea why, but the first time I heard this song, tears started streaming down my face. Couldn't do anything to stop them. Hasn't happened since, but I still love it:
Same thing happened to me the first time I heard Jeff Wayne's "Thunderchild"

--Patrick

The saddest up-tempo song I have ever heard. Still gets me kinda teary sometimes.

My uncle died around the time Jimmy Eat World's Bleed American was big. This song is the one that hit me at the time and now is forever associated with him for me. I can barely listen to it now for all the hurt it brings up again.

OK, enough of being a downer. Here is the song that I play whenever I need to get myself going.

The song I listen to when I just need to hang in there and get through whatever is happening.

And when I just want to get loose and jam out, I listen to this album:

But especially this song off of it:

I'd have to go digging, but I've still got a copy of Jimmy Eat World's Bleed American pre-title change. They turned it into a self-titled after 9/11, if I remember right.

This one always hits me hard - reminds me of being a kid around my Dad. He loved listening to Don Williams when I was growing up, and he'll still put him on, now and then... course, I'm 8 hours away from him, but still...

2 for 2 in a genre I usually don't listen to, but my wife does. This one comes up on the radio now and then, and reminds me to be the example I should be for my kids.

I was at work the day my grandmother died. My mother, for some reason, had this song in her head at the time whilst she was with her in England, and called me up, in tears to sing it to her.

I've got more, but the more uplifting stuff just ain't coming to mind tonight - triple shot from the feels cannon.

New Kanye West single, just played for the first time over the radio. Only heard it a couple times, but it's pretty great. From his long-rumored "Cruel Winter" project. Standout line - "I'm about to go Gucci in the Gucci Store"

Dave

Staff member
I know you say he's a genius, but that was nothing more more than auto-tuned crap. i did listen to the whole thing and I'm just not impressed.

New Kanye West single, just played for the first time over the radio. Only heard it a couple times, but it's pretty great. From his long-rumored "Cruel Winter" project. Standout line - "I'm about to go Gucci in the Gucci Store"
That seemed pretty good, but that was the worst format to listen to it. I wanna hear it uncensored without those stupid "Big boy in the morning" sounds over it.