Moving in with the girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's almost 4am and I can't sleep, as usual, so you guys have to sit through my thread necromancing and general late-night/early-morning tomfoolery.

That includes sitting through my mini-panic attack. I'm about to move to Mexico City to live with my girlfriend. I'm very happy about this, I truly and seriously love her and can't wait to spend so much time with her.

BUT I'M ALSO FRACKING TERRIFIED. I mean, I know that's normal, it would be even more worrisome if I wasn't, right?

Right?

Bonus picture just cause y'guys need to meet her:

Gee, I woPOPBOOTHnder what app she used for that pic.[DOUBLEPOST=1357638495][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh yeah, I wear glasses sometimes now.

We haven't met her before? So this isn't...
What? Morphine? Noooo, that thing ended long ago. I've been one year and one month with this lady. Last time Morphine and I talked must have been a little before that. It didn't really end very friendly, but she's living with some dude too and I wish her the best. Doubt she'll turn around here anymore, though.

Sorry guyys YOU GOT ME IN THE DIVORCE! :D

Psht, we got history with you, you crazy Mex you.

And yeah, bring her here to us. I promise not to scare her away. Not immediately anyway. :D

What? Morphine? Noooo, that thing ended long ago. I've been one year and one month with this lady. Last time Morphine and I talked must have been a little before that. It didn't really end very friendly, but she's living with some dude too and I wish her the best. Doubt she'll turn around here anymore, though.

Sorry guyys YOU GOT ME IN THE DIVORCE! :D
well shuck, I guess we get less girl in a mask and more starbucks posts? OH no we won't even be getting those.

Oh well, at least we still have whatever is west of...

The funny thing is I returned cause I was at a starbucks, saw a hot chick, and thought of you guys.

I did nothing, of course, I'm monogamous now. monogamy is cool.

Good luck Cally Jim! I've got a lot of friends getting serious and/or engaged these days so moving in with their SO's is happening a lot around me.

In business news...

Anyone wanna buy a painting to remind them of Morphine? :awesome:

Looking cute. She's not too bad in those pictures either (What? I'm trying to be less flattering/complimentary to women other than my girlfriend :p)

Moving in, best of luck. Eh, I was somewhat scared as well when we moved in, but thruth be told, you do know when it'll work or not. My previous girlfriend I managed to keep out for 3 years, this one had pretty much moved in when we'd been together for 3 months :p

Just remember: don't let her convince you to have "naked thursdays" or whatever. "dressed tuesdays", in contrast to every other day, are a much better idea ;).

I always hate it when Mex gets into a serious relationship. Makes him put the crime fighting game on the back burner and crime doesn't wait for love.

I don't know you, so this feels awkward (mostly on my end, cause I'm awkward), BUT, I just want to say congrats! And that's exciting and fun. :)

Good luck to you.

3 years ago, after an already 7 year weekend relationship, the girlfriend and just me moved together. I was anxious and angsty, the first time I'd share a place with someone. But it worked out fine. Probably helped that she's a gamer as well and we have our separate rooms for gaming.

Wife and I did a few things backwards. Moved in together after only 3 months but didn't get married for 8yrs.

During that time we had a 9 month split up and nothing was worse than going back to living alone. Then again, I never really lived alone in my entire life (I went from 17 at home to married in a shitty apartment, to divorced, moved in with a roommate for a year, then moved in with my current wife, split up for 9 months, then got back together) so I guess I can't really relate to the direct situation and only say that the cons are much smaller than the pros for me and I wouldn't go back to alone life again for anything. Good luck.

You guys seen my 42 tattoo, right?

Oh, I'm a hoopy frood who knows where his towel is alright

And yeah, I'm actually pretty sure it's gonna work out (I HOPE), but it's still a very scary prospect.. I've only been with one person for over a year once before... :aaah:

I feel a kindred spirit with you now - I didn't know you had a Hitchhiker towel!!

Best advice I can give you: Communicate like your life depends on it.

Dave, I need a new rating option - The Vampire Brofist, to be used by only a special few.

Just know, in my heart of hearts Calleja, that brofist is of the vampire variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.