Movie News & Miscellany

GasBandit

Staff member
Man, the first time I saw "criterion collection" in a torrent somewhere, I was SO disappointed when it didn't have the burnout games in it.

So Electro, Rhino, Green Goblin (but not by the person who appeared in the end credits of the previous movie), Doctor Octopus's gear, hints of the Vulture, and Venom.

I cannot conceive of this being a good movie.
Don't forget Felicia Hardy and Alistair Smythe. They're both also in the film.

WHAT spider-man has the best rogues gallery this side of batman
Spider-Man DOES have an excellent rogues gallery (less so on Venom, but anyway...). But that many villains fighting for screen time? It's going to be a convoluted mess. There won't be time to really let any of them shine. It's wasting a great arsenal of villains.

Yes but X3 had Brett Ratner, who least face it, is horrible in every way. Even Uwe Boll has more passion for filmmaking than that guy.

Electro: Great stuff in the trailers, both before and after getting his powers. I've never been an Electro fan, but from what I saw in the trailer, Jamie Foxx would've had me for a movie of Electro against Spider-man all on his own.

Rhino: Random brute villain? Maybe, but it'd be a waste of Giamatti.

Green Goblin: From what we've seen, they're tossing Harry in there, telling us they're friends (oh, hey Peter, been 10 years, huh? We were so close back then, yeah, we're still totally bros) to try forcing a sense of tragedy to the conflict between them later in the movie. The last Spider-man 2 did that pretty well, but they'd already established Harry as a character.

All the other shit: there's already no room for it. The problem with stuffing these characters into a movie isn't their presence--it's that this movie will serve as the introduction for each of them. Spider-man does have a great rogues gallery, which is why the movie-makers shouldn't treat them like a mass of henchmen.

I'm all for dissecting this movie after we've actually seen it. I got my $20 tickets for Thursday night IMAX 3D
So long as it's not Cloud Atlas or Last Vegas, right?

:troll:

The movie very well could be good. Its predecessor surprised me. But I'll wait to hear your guys' stories. My next movie ticket is aimed at Godzilla.

Well, looks like it is happening...again. A new movie of Power Rangers is being made.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=117994
Considering they've made -64- movies in Japan... and considering the show has been on television for 21 straight years in America (almost 40 in Japan)... and also considering that Haim Saban has JUST bought a movie distributing studio, I'm not in the least bit surprised this is happening. Really, the only thing that I'm surprised of is that it's going to be a remake and not something entirely new for America. It's been 20+ god damn years... why don't we have an American Ranger team yet?

It's been 20+ god damn years... why don't we have an American Ranger team yet?
Money. It's far cheaper to dub over suit footage made by Toei than it is to shoot their own. Not that they haven't experimented. Mystic Knights was a successful show, but was passed up on a second season in favor of making a second season of Big Bad Beetleborgs, which wasn't as popular but much cheaper since it used Metal Heroes footage. The last 2 seasons of Mighty Morphin used a lot of custom footage from fear of losing the audience with suit changes. Lightspeed Rescue featured an entirely American 6th ranger.

Here's hoping they don't make a "more grown up" (read: cynical) version of the movie.

Money. It's far cheaper to dub over suit footage made by Toei than it is to shoot their own. Not that they haven't experimented. Mystic Knights was a successful show, but was passed up on a second season in favor of making a second season of Big Bad Beetleborgs, which wasn't as popular but much cheaper since it used Metal Heroes footage. The last 2 seasons of Mighty Morphin used a lot of custom footage from fear of losing the audience with suit changes. Lightspeed Rescue featured an entirely American 6th ranger.

Here's hoping they don't make a "more grown up" (read: cynical) version of the movie.
A Dark Knight-inspired Power Rangers would be hilarious.

But I still wouldn't see it, so they should do whatever kind of movie the fans want to see.

Screenwriting and directing require different skillsets, maybe these guys are great visionaries and this will improve how they express their cinematic voice.