[News] Montreal explodes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michigan courts just last year struck down the laws preventing sale of launching fireworks to unlicensed/uninsured individuals. So now we don't have to go to the border to buy all our pyrotechics, they're available down the street in walmart for cheap!

B

BErt

Michigan courts just last year struck down the laws preventing sale of launching fireworks to unlicensed/uninsured individuals. So now we don't have to go to the border to buy all our pyrotechics, they're available down the street in walmart for cheap!
I was unaware of this. No wonder there are 10 pop-up stores in my neighborhood that sell only fireworks, and everyone started lighting them off in May instead of June this year.

:mad: Damn everything.

There were occasional pops in may, but it seems like these last two weeks there's fireworks nearly every other night. Teenagers getting out of school and having nothing better to do, I suppose.

It used to be I could say, "Get a haircut and a job!" but now I have to say, "Pull up your pants and get a job!"

Times, they are a changin'.

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh, and back to the matter at hand...

"Excuse me, I have to take this, the window for getting a call in to Montreal is only open once every few weeks... What? No, your highness, it isn't evil spirits, it's just rain. RAAAIIIN. What? Fine, try and kill it. Children."

(Explosions)

Ft. Worth the City Where the West Begins.

Dallas is the last vestige of the South. Dry areas and awash in WASP's - it is changing but Dallas used to be a really Southern City.

Houston is just Midwestern Industrial Blight that moved here in the 70's.

fade

Staff member
I don't consider Texas the South. It's too different and unique. Texas is Texas. Louisiana barely qualifies either. It has too much of that Cajun and Creole culture to be the South. Maybe (ironically) north Louisiana counts as the South.

Anywhere south of Vermont is "the south."

Particularly places like SAVANNAH.

When your city's name sounds like a dried up stripper, you're in the south

Here in the Southwest, Fireworks are pretty much more illegal than heroin already.
Where i am is only illegal to use fireworks in the city. And there's plenty of country. In fact people do it in parks that are outside of the city limits and I'm only an hours drive south of Houston.

As a European, I can't help but be a bit bewildered by anyone outlawing fireworks in a country where semi-automatic rifles are a-okay. Shooting in the air like you're from the Maghreb is ok, setting off a firecracker isn't? :confused:

Silly 'mericuns.

(yes, yes, I know, it'll be the big dangerous fireworks and shooting in the air is probably strictly speaking illegal and whatever, don't care, don't want a political discussion here, just saying the balance is weird to me)

As a European, I can't help but be a bit bewildered by anyone outlawing fireworks in a country where semi-automatic rifles are a-okay. Shooting in the air like you're from the Maghreb is ok, setting off a firecracker isn't? :confused:

Silly 'mericuns.

(yes, yes, I know, it'll be the big dangerous fireworks and shooting in the air is probably strictly speaking illegal and whatever, don't care, don't want a political discussion here, just saying the balance is weird to me)
Killing people is an american right, but property damage due to fireworks fires is a criminal act!

Property > life.[DOUBLEPOST=1371778409][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ok, I'll acknowledge that I-45 is the border between the South and the Southwest.

SO LET IT BE WRITTEN.
SO SAY WE ALL.

Silly 'mericuns.

Fireworks bans in many places are tied to weather conditions (drought) for the times of the year they are sold. Some places allow fireworks sales year-round, but only allow setting them off at certain times of the year, some are "If you can buy it, you can light it, but not within 300 feet of the purchase place." It's a weird, weird wild wonky world over here.

They were unofficially available even before that law passed. I bought some fireworks for 4th of July 2010 at a stand on a main road and we barbecued and let off some fireworks in the middle of the complex. Imagine my surprise when stuff started launching forty feet in the air.

GasBandit

Staff member

Silly 'mericuns.

As others said, it has more to do with our years long drought and the fact that our southwestern states have developed a tendency lately to become completely engulfed in flames (this year seems to be Colorado's turn, continuing from last year, but previously to that it was Texas)[DOUBLEPOST=1371823066][/DOUBLEPOST]
Where i am is only illegal to use fireworks in the city. And there's plenty of country. In fact people do it in parks that are outside of the city limits and I'm only an hours drive south of Houston.
Areas inundated by the gulfstink may vary, of course. But for those of us hundreds of miles inland, even striking a match is begging for fiery armageddon.

Status
Not open for further replies.