MMO Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andromache

I imagine this may become a WoW fest central thread, but on a whim I tired out LOTR. I am now L22. Beautiful game so far.

I've been considering a little break to LotR, I played it in beta, and while all the quests were bugged or broken, the game was beautiful to look at. I hear with all the new additions it's a fantastic game.

There's also Champions Online which I hear is having a very successful beta test and AION is a fantastic game if it fits your playstyle.

What I played of LotRO I enjoyed, but only got my guy up to about level 13 or so. Might give it another go once I can afford that account along with my WoW one.

C

Cuyval Dar

SWGEMU has great PvP and PvE, and the crafting has never been beaten. Plus, epic player cities.

GasBandit

Staff member
I pretty much used up all my recent MMO news in the WoW "Servers are down" thread.

Warhammer Online is fun. But very buggy. And they should have made 3 factions instead of 2, for self-balancing purposes.

I re-subscribed to WoW the other day after being clean off of it for 6 months and was immediately tanking Ulduar with my old guild.

Now, I've already seen the place up to Yogg.

Also playing LOTRO. Have been for 3 months. My highest is a 49 hunter but I have the server, Elendilmi, filled up with other alts between level 15-40. I always alt up in MMOs.

My "other" MMO is CoH. I have been playing it on and off since it was released. I am currently off, for 6 months now. But will subscribe again when my finances are good enough to justify 2 MMO subscriptions at once.

S

Silvanesti

has anyone tried DND online? Its going free here in a bit and wanted to play something with my girlfriend but we both are a bit strapped for cash.

C

Cuyval Dar

has anyone tried DND online? Its going free here in a bit and wanted to play something with my girlfriend but we both are a bit strapped for cash.
I'm considering it, at least until SWGEMU drops.

Necronic

Staff member
I need to find a good mmo. Wow, war, and so many of the others just bore the ahit out of me cause they are basicaly multiplayer grind games. I liked eve, but it's too time consuming. The other issue is that my friends are All spread out between other games

M

meyoumeyou

Feel a bit redundant posting this thanks to an eq discussion weeks ago...but yeah, I'm one of those odd ones who still plays the game.

I am excited for The Old Republic, but since I run a mac, and am too cheap to dual boot, I will likely not be able to play it from day one like I had hoped.

Considering getting back into WoW.

G

Gill Kaiser

After quitting WoW for the second time a few months after the release of WotLK, I haven't played any MMOs. Now I'm quite looking forward to The Old Republic after seeing a presentation of it at GamesCom, though.

I'm quite interested in Aion at the moment, as well, because it's looking pretty damn good. Before the server switch, Shego did a mini review of her beta experiences, and she said that it was very good except for one major flaw, which was the existance of multiple instanced "channels" in certain areas (like Guild Wars), which in her opinion would result in farmers channel-hopping and camping spawns and resources. That gave me pause for a while, but elsewhere I've read that the channels only exist in the low-level areas, and NCsoft are going to add a timer to prevent continuous channel-hopping. If that's true, I think I'll probably give Aion a go.

After quitting WoW for the second time a few months after the release of WotLK, I haven't played any MMOs. Now I'm quite looking forward to The Old Republic after seeing a presentation of it at GamesCom, though.

I'm quite interested in Aion at the moment, as well, because it's looking pretty damn good. Before the server switch, Shego did a mini review of her beta experiences, and she said that it was very good except for one major flaw, which was the existance of multiple instanced "channels" in certain areas (like Guild Wars), which in her opinion would result in farmers channel-hopping and camping spawns and resources. That gave me pause for a while, but elsewhere I've read that the channels only exist in the low-level areas, and NCsoft are going to add a timer to prevent continuous channel-hopping. If that's true, I think I'll probably give Aion a go.
Now if they can only make some kind of interesting story to go with it, Aion might hold my attention till WoW:Cataclysm.

Status
Not open for further replies.