Minor victory thread

fade

Staff member
Normally, I don't go in for trendy stuff, but I bought a safety razor about 4 years ago, and never looked back. Realistically, I won't say it's as convenient as a multiblade modern razor. Can't just go zip, zip, zip. But when the blades are a minor percentage of the price, it's a good tradeoff.

Honestly I didn't know what all I needed and I bought a "subscription service" for a month and the first box they send gives you everything you need to start sharing for 30 bucks and the stuff you get the first month cost more than 30 bucks from what I researched so it sounded like a good deal. Wetshaveclub.com if anyone is curious

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I'm sick and tired of looking sick and tired which is tough because I'm sick, which makes me tired. Shoppers had a huge sale on makeup and a ton of extra optimum points so I went to go look at makeup and the lady who helped me suggested this foundation that you spray on then use a brush to apply. I was dubious, but it's awesome!! It looks like I photoshopped my face!

I'm sick and tired of looking sick and tired which is tough because I'm sick, which makes me tired. Shoppers had a huge sale on makeup and a ton of extra optimum points so I went to go look at makeup and the lady who helped me suggested this foundation that you spray on then use a brush to apply. I was dubious, but it's awesome!! It looks like I photoshopped my face!
What's the name?

I'd love to try safety razors but I'm just afraid I'm going to scalp myself. Shaving the back of your own head is perfectly safe and easy with modern 5-blade Gilette stuff, but...Well, I've cut myself just once, 5 slim lines behind my ear, heh. Same cut with a safety razor would've nearly had my ear off.

Can't be any worse than my weasels & cats.
Do you usually apply make-up by weasel?

I'd love to try safety razors but I'm just afraid I'm going to scalp myself. Shaving the back of your own head is perfectly safe and easy with modern 5-blade Gilette stuff, but...Well, I've cut myself just once, 5 slim lines behind my ear, heh. Same cut with a safety razor would've nearly had my ear off.

Not sure I follow. My safety razor exposes about as much blade as a modern Gillette head does. Granted, I have far more freedom in terms of choosing the angle the cut takes, but that just means you can trim in successive passes instead of going full-throttle from the get-go.

Are you thinking of a straight razor?

fade

Staff member
Not sure I follow. My safety razor exposes about as much blade as a modern Gillette head does. Granted, I have far more freedom in terms of choosing the angle the cut takes, but that just means you can trim in successive passes instead of going full-throttle from the get-go.

Are you thinking of a straight razor?
I think a safety razor (ironically) is a lot more hazardous than a cartridge razor. I can be ham-handed with a cartridge and not cut myself, but I have to be pretty delicate with the safety razor. That's the one thing I miss from the Gilette style razors.

You have no idea how bumpy a head is - or at least mine. A safety razor's blade is more exposed and you can choose the angle, meaning it's kinda trivial to cut into the side of a bump or a lump.

Maybe you should try using hot wax, @Bubble181

I think a safety razor (ironically) is a lot more hazardous than a cartridge razor. I can be ham-handed with a cartridge and not cut myself, but I have to be pretty delicate with the safety razor. That's the one thing I miss from the Gilette style razors.
Fair enough. Better part of a decade since I've had to use a disposable, so I'm likely too used to this.

Ever tried a Headblade? That is my go to.
Amazon product

fade

Staff member
Ever try a lawnmower?[DOUBLEPOST=1479334874,1479334840][/DOUBLEPOST]Ever been inside a Turkish prison?

Yeah, I have a basic one with no wheels, which works fine, and one with the wheels. The wheels honestly don't add much. The design gives you a more natural stroke (like you are running your fingers through your hair) that you don't get with a regular Bic razor.

I may end up giving it a try. I'd balk at the price but honestly Gilettes get pretty darn expensive too :p

So hey, whoever my SS is: feel free to send a razor :p

Did my first shave today! It was with some Lime smelling soap (I love the smell of lime so win for me!) and lime smelling aftershave (they had 5 to choose from). And to top it off I only cut myself like 2 or 3 times over the two passes I did and I smell amazing lol

Ok so Wetshaveclub.com I'm fairly impressed. You can search YouTube and get a coupon code to get the first month for 20 bucks (plus like 2 bucks for shipping or tax or something). The brush they send is 20 bucks by itself, plus everything else they send. This is a pic of what I got in my first box

The little vials are trials of aftershave

Did my first shave today! It was with some Lime smelling soap (I love the smell of lime so win for me!) and lime smelling aftershave (they had 5 to choose from). And to top it off I only cut myself like 2 or 3 times over the two passes I did and I smell amazing lol

Meanwhile, everyone in CrimsonSoul's office wondered why they were suddenly craving margaritas...