[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

GasBandit

Staff member
Seems like I've not had a single iphone user at work successfully forward an audio attachment using their phone. Doesn't seem to be a problem for the Android users though...

Hell, before Cash for Clunkers ruined the used car market, you could get a reasonably reliable used car for $1000. 7 grand to fix a 94 is insane.
My mom wanted to see a second level of cash for clunkers, where people with cars worth less than $2k could just swap for one of the $5k cars that were about to be scrapped.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Always buy a newish car. My car is a 94 model, and in order to fix the damn thing they need to MAKE the part. As in take out an old ass part mold and make it. It would cost 7000 bucks to fix it, 3000 on labor alone. Is being able to drive freely even worth it?
Is it bad that I accidentally read that as "Always buy a Jewish car"? And then imagined a small car with corkscrews and a black hat?

The GameStop that I pre-ordered my Wii U decided that they are not going to do a midnight launch (despite the fact that they usually do midnight launches for games like Halo) and that they are not even going to bother opening early. I asked them why they are not even going to bother opening early and they told me that since all of their system theya re getting in are all pre-ordered there is no point in them opening early. So come the 18th I will have to wait until 10:00 to pick up my system despite other people being able to get their systems way earlier. If they had bothered to tell me all this back when I pre-ordered several months ago I would have gone to another store and refused to do business with them but now I am stuck with them .

I really wish douchey youtube uploaders would stop releasing "trailers" for the new Dragon ball series. THERE IS NO NEW DRAGON BALL SERIES! Those animations are just commercials for a fucking arcade game! Stop giving people false hope.

I could cancel my pre-order but if I do so I probably won't be able to pick it up day one since most places only are receiving enough to cover their pre-orders. I could always try standing in line at a store that doesn't take pre-orders but sadly most of the stores around me (Target,BestBuy,Walmart,etc) are all doing pre-orders and are rumored to be only receiving enough units to cover said pre-orders.

But I can say this that after this I am going to do my best to return to my old policy of never shopping at GameStop especially for new systems. And I understand this is a relatively minor annoyance and I should be happy I have the system paid for and waiting for me and that is why i posted this in the "minor rant" thread. I suppose I could have posted it in the "Whine like a baby" thread but I forgot about it until after I already posted in here.

I've never understood the rationale behind "midnight launches" and standing in line for new tech. I mean, if you want some new kind of game system, phone, game, computer, doohickey, movie, whatever - get it when a store is open. During regular business hours.

ATTENTION ALL PARENTS! The slimy goo toy known as "Gak" has made a come-back. Word to the wise it does not come out of clothes easily, trust me. When I was a kid it was huge and I ruined plenty of sweaters with that junk. So if you kid begs you for Gak and you concede, get ready for more cleaning than you'd want to. BEWARE THE GAK!

Not sure if a warning about how messy a toy can be constitutes a rant, but I guess I was complaining so- LOOPHOLE!

Also, did anyone see those new action figures with the giant round legs? Whats up with those thing? I cannot remember the name for the life of me, probably because they are so damn unimpressive.

Also, did anyone see those new action figures with the giant round legs? Whats up with those thing? I cannot remember the name for the life of me, probably because they are so damn unimpressive.
Basically, the legs are weighted and curved to a degree that allows the toy to always stand up straight, even if you toss it or flip it. It's kind of like a weebol-wobble.

I just received a lump sum payment for an odd job I did and now I have to resist buying fun things because I know I have to make it last for me the next few months :(

ATTENTION ALL PARENTS! The slimy goo toy known as "Gak" has made a come-back. Word to the wise it does not come out of clothes easily, trust me. When I was a kid it was huge and I ruined plenty of sweaters with that junk. So if you kid begs you for Gak and you concede, get ready for more cleaning than you'd want to. BEWARE THE GAK
I don't need to buy Gak. I know how to make it.

I just received a lump sum payment for an odd job I did and now I have to resist buying fun things because I know I have to make it last for me the next few months :(
Put the exact amount you need to pay for bills/rent etc in a savings account that has no access with a debit card. Then allot a certain amount for food per month. Then step back and see what you have left for spending.

Today I got messaged by a black girl on OKCupid, which said

hey. are you into girls outside your race?

I checked this girl's profile and I'm not interested in her really, and she's not terribly attractive. I'd be well within my rights to not answer her, but will she think I'm a racist? Hm.

And now, Mickee rants about Comics!

Why is it that in Marvel and DC the people in their respected universes don't have high-tech means of transportation? This is a world where aliens, super technology, and magic exists and yet people still use trains, planes, and automobiles in order to get where they need to go. What, do the super heros in both respected universes just hog all the good stuff for themselves? Well dat jus messed up. You wanna make super hero comics realistic? You don't need to bring in more gay characters, or make characters stay dead to make it realsitic, but make the world where super technology exists have super technology more accessible to the common folk! I mean no, don't make death rays accessible but flying cars and what not would be good. You'd have to train them first but it would probably end up working out. I mean hell, no-one knew how the car worked when it started out.

But, since most publishers try to make their world accessible to the average person, the addition of high-tech/futuristic transportation would take away from that basic "I understand their world because they have trains/subways/planes/cars like I see daily." Simple usage of a literary trick to make a reader more comfortable with their fantasy world.

But, since most publishers try to make their world accessible to the average person, the addition of high-tech/futuristic transportation would take away from that basic "I understand their world because they have trains/subways/planes/cars like I see daily." Simple usage of a literary trick to make a reader more comfortable with their fantasy world.
This is true, but now all I'm thinking of is a storyline where someone in the DC universe questions how in a world full of super science public transportation is still a problem! And it leads to a craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy conspiracy. In-fact- COPYRIGHT STUFFWORLD 2012! I am totally using this for a story when I get around to it.