[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

We got screwed when we left our apartment. In Ontario, a lease goes month to month after a year unless you sign something with different terms. Or at least it did back when we lived there.

When we moved here and got ready to move to our house and informed our landlord, turns out that it doesn’t work that way. We were expected to pay out our year. We used it as bait to find a subletter. We offered a month free to sub letters to get them to take the rest. There was a lot left.

I was drinking a cup of tea and eating out of a bag of bacon jerky today when I fumbled the bag.
I found and recovered most of it, throwing out the ones that landed on the floor.
I then threw away the bag once I was done.
Then my tea started tasting weirder and weirder as I got through it.
You guessed it, a piece about the size of my thumb fell into my 24oz mug of tea, imbuing the bottom portion of my tea with notes of hickory, maple, and a hint of salt pork. Mmm...

—Patrick

I was drinking a cup of tea and eating out of a bag of bacon jerky today when I fumbled the bag.
I found and recovered most of it, throwing out the ones that landed on the floor.
You guessed it, a piece about the size of my thumb fell into my 24oz mug of tea, imbuing the bottom portion of my tea with notes of hickory, maple, and a hint of salt pork. Mmm...
Depending on the original flavor of the tea, this could be genius. Breakfast in a mug.

Cajungal

Staff member

—Patrick
Bacon...jerky. *Googles*

I reached out to the apartment manager. Wish me luck.

I'll go over her head if I have to, but I know it'll be easier for them to just wait and collect the extra month's rent, so I'm not expecting a miracle. I'm just so frustrated with this.

The fact that you all have stories like this only makes me angrier. States, counties, towns all bitch and moan about how people aren't owning homes, but how the hell are they supposed to with this widespread skullduggery?

They're supposed to be willed to you by your parents, the same way they've been doing it since the 1000's.

--Patrick
Yeah, now you just have to hope that house doesn't go back to the bank for a reverse mortgage (along with about a million other reasons it could fail to pass to the next descendant).

My parents' house A) still has a mortgage on it so I'd be inheriting debt
It is also B) on a huge plot of land that is a 2minute walk from the lake so it could be sold to cover the remainder of the mortgage.
But it's C) an old ass house that was originally built as a cottage and the decades of haphazard renovations to make it a house, on top of its original cottage structure, are falling apart.

So if sold, it'd be strictly for the land and not the house, and would likely not result in a profit once the mortgage was paid.

Also, I would not want to sell because duh that's my childhood home.

Technically my dad and stepmom are leaving their house to me (for now) but that sounds less like inheritance or more like a future burden.
Eh, it was more a comment about how, much like a thousand or so years ago, the only people allowed to OWN real estate are those belonging to hereditary dynasties, dynasties which work to ensure individuals can’t muscle in on their racket.

—Patrick

Eh, it was more a comment about how, much like a thousand or so years ago, the only people allowed to OWN real estate are those belonging to hereditary dynasties, dynasties which work to ensure individuals can’t muscle in on their racket.

—Patrick
Luckily, the strongest country in the world right now is based on upward financial mobility based on personal capacity and quality, in direct response to a hereditary abuse of them as a province by an entrenched elite overseas. Their strength lies in their rigged individuality and freedom.

Luckily, the strongest country in the world right now is based on upward financial mobility based on personal capacity and quality, in direct response to a hereditary abuse of them as a province by an entrenched elite overseas. Their strength lies in their rigged individuality and freedom.
Interesting typo.

Cajungal

Staff member
I feel you, @Gared. I used to eat SO much garbage. Even though I've gained back some of the weight I lost, I still feel so much better than I used to. Glad you feel well :)

Was gonna drive south in the morning for my away staycation, but apparently, nature saw fit to dump 30 cm of snow on Calgary so I have to wait for that to clear up some. COOL.

I love getting huge buckets of Diet Coke and those little chocolate-tinis from McDonalds. Their hazelnut croissants are also super good. I get fries and gravy sometimes too, but lately I’m all over their bakery.

I love getting huge buckets of Diet Coke and those little chocolate-tinis from McDonalds. Their hazelnut croissants are also super good. I get fries and gravy sometimes too, but lately I’m all over their bakery.
Just once - just frickin' once - I'd like a restaurant chain founded in the US to offer their best options in the US. The closest our McDonald's ever got to having a bakery is their microwaveable cookies and their seasonal and apple pies. Hazelnut croissant? Ha! Any of those vegan options they have in India? Get bent! Their Asian options? Hahahaha... you losers don't deserve that - you only get the lowest quality, cheapest, worst performing menu items. Grrr...

Also - I have a left-side headache. I'm used to headaches on the right side of my head - get them all the time, either from lack of sugar or caffeine or just from tension, or from the ongoing effects of being hit in the head with a baseball - they suck, but they're manageable. Left-side headaches? Not so much.

I had no idea that they had a vegan menu in India. It makes sense though. I’d love a few of those options here. The kids love it there and it would be nice to have a meal option there.

The big McDonalds here have a pretty decent bakery and offer quite a few drink options (smoothies, protein smoothies, fancy coffee) in addition to their seasonal stuff. That’s where we get into the things that I never thought I’d see a Mc in front of.

Have you ever had migraines?

My work assigns us mandatory training occasionally and we are required to complete it within a certain amount of time.

Our internet settings are so restrictive that I can’t access it. Or many sites that I legitimately need for work.

GasBandit

Staff member
THE DEADLINE FOR THINGS THAT START MONDAY WAS 10AM.

IT'S 4PM

STOP ADDING STUFF FOR MONDAY, SALES WEASELS

AND MOREOVER, SALES MANAGER, STOP APPROVING THEM WHEN THEY DO

SHIT

THE DEADLINE FOR THINGS THAT START MONDAY WAS 10AM.

IT'S 4PM

STOP ADDING STUFF FOR MONDAY, SALES WEASELS

AND MOREOVER, SALES MANAGER, STOP APPROVING THEM WHEN THEY DO

SHIT
"Sorry, it was operationally impossible to get those last-minute changes in. Hope you didn't make any promises you couldn't keep to clients. Consulting ops before promising could be a good idea next time."

GasBandit

Staff member
"Sorry, it was operationally impossible to get those last-minute changes in. Hope you didn't make any promises you couldn't keep to clients. Consulting ops before promising could be a good idea next time."
I am in fact doing just that on one or two of the more egregious ones. Thankfully, the other ones are all extensions of ads we already have in-house, or live copy. But still, it's supposed to be in before 10, 11 at the latest!

But our GM has all but abandoned deadlines because he thinks money will evaporate if anyone even says the word in its presence.