[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

Honestly, whether or not I put beans in my chili depends entirely upon how much money I have left that week for meat. If I have a lot of money left for meat, I don't put beans in the chili and I get two or three meals out of it. If I don't have a lot of money left for meat, I add beans and get 5 or 6 meals out of it.

fade

Staff member
My windows PC's video card is starting to blackscreen occasionally. There's not really a pattern to it, and it's not super common, but it is irritating, and I'm out of warranty on the card, I believe.

FUCK. Got ghosted by a kid who did a robbery. My positioning was perfect, I KNEW where he was going to come through.... didn't wait long enough to challenge him properly, and he hopped back over the fence he was scaling. Brief foot pursuit, and he lost me.

FUCK. DAMMIT.

FUCK. Got ghosted by a kid who did a robbery. My positioning was perfect, I KNEW where he was going to come through.... didn't wait long enough to challenge him properly, and he hopped back over the fence he was scaling. Brief foot pursuit, and he lost me.

FUCK. DAMMIT.
Damn! Can't catch them all but I know that must suck.thank you for doing your job though, oc

The previous rant has been amended. He was lurking and waiting. We outwaited him. I feel better now, especially since, even though he was nearby, even K-9 didn't smell him when we passed by. Twisted my ankle in the pursuit though, so still a minor rant.

I hate it when you mess yourself up because of a perp's (or in my case, offender's) stupidity.

Take care and make sure you fill out an accident/injury report in case it swells up on you.

The previous rant has been amended. He was lurking and waiting. We outwaited him. I feel better now, especially since, even though he was nearby, even K-9 didn't smell him when we passed by. Twisted my ankle in the pursuit though, so still a minor rant.
Next time you are working out and starting to flag, tell yourself, "I coulda caught that guy, if only I'd worked out FIVE MORE MINUTES."

It might help you get a little extra.

--Patrick

fade

Staff member
The only police advice I can offer you is to never go after the big bad guy when you're just two weeks away from retirement.

GasBandit

Staff member
My text: "Are you guys ready yet?"

Them: "Oh we already got started"

Me: "You mofos were supposed to text me when you started getting ready, so we could meet!"

Them: "We forgot."

Me: Poop emoticons

---------------------------------------------------------------

Minor rant 2 - the steam server browser keeps forgetting my favorites!

Got a message from an eBay buyer that they had not received the item despite tracking saying it has been delivered as of two days ago.

99% certain I'm covered by both eBay and Paypal seller protection (under $250, sent to verified Paypal address, tracking # shows 'delivered' and I sent it to the right address), but still annoying because 1) I've never dealt with an "item not received" complaint before, 2) I'll be out a chunk of change if eBay rules in their favor, and 3) even if I win I'll feel bad because the item wasn't cheap (assuming, of course, they're not simply lying to try and get a free item).

Bleh. Post Offices are closed until I get back to Michigan, so I'll just enjoy the holiday and deal with it this weekend.

I hate being that kind of sick where you aren't terribly ill, but you feel like crap. My throat's slightly sore. That's it. But I still feel like someone beat me with a hose.

Car finally got too bad to ignore, replaced it with something a little smaller and more fuel-efficient (and 4 years newer).
With help from others, I negotiated a manageable payment, though of course I will eventually have to repay the generosity.
I liked having no payment better. It only lasted 2 months.

--Patrick

I forgot some of us/you do not have experience with shift work.
At least, shifts which are not consistently regular.

--Patrick