[Brazelton] Matthew Perry

That's so disheartening. How does one drown in a hot tub? The whole thing is depressing.
Matthew Perry had a long history of alcoholism. This is speculation, but if he was drunk enough he could pass out in the hot tub and drown.

Matthew Perry had a long history of alcoholism. This is speculation, but if he was drunk enough he could pass out in the hot tub and drown.
According to TMZ, he was found early in the morning after returning home from a two hour pickleball game. It could have just been a heart attack.

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh man. 54 is way too young for that sort of thing. I was a big "Friends" fan back in the day (I still have all 10 seasons on DVD), and the one I identified with most was Chandler.

His line was the first mention of the PC game DOOM in mainstream media.

That's so disheartening. How does one drown in a hot tub? The whole thing is depressing.
When you immerse yourself in hot water, your blood vessels dilate in order to carry heat away from your internal organs more efficiently. This can also cause a corresponding drop in blood pressure, especially if you are dehydrated. I’m wondering if he got into the tub exhausted after the game, passed out, slid under, etc.

—Patrick