Lonely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
I kinda wondered that myself lately. Are people using the comments on the site instead of coming here? :(

I'm here, dammit... I've been meaning to start a few treads to see if I can generate some commenting...

I hope that folks aren't petering out... we had such a vibrant forum, but getting hacked twice in quick succession, combined with the move here has caused a bunch to stop coming...

J

Jiarn

I'm on pretty much at work, as I've had the last two days off.... well there you go.

Dave

Staff member
I'm here, dammit... I've been meaning to start a few treads to see if I can generate some commenting...

I hope that folks aren't petering out... we had such a vibrant forum, but getting hacked twice in quick succession, combined with the move here has caused a bunch to stop coming...
I think the getting hacked had a lot to do with it, along with the fact that our forum doesn't look like the other site so it may not have the same "feel". But what I'm PLANNING to do is to have each subforum for the hub match the look/feel of the comic it houses. Maybe that will help out, too.

I guess, like Kem, I got tired of being only one of two who was posting new threads on a semi-regular basis. That and being just generally busy.

And as for you TLB, go board a Borg Cube.

Dave

Staff member
You know what I think I might do? How's about an automatic thread made from a CSS file read? If I can do it maybe it'll make a new thread whenever a new comic is posted...

TLB, not sure if you're being facetious or serious. Either way, you're producing words of a neither valuable nor welcome nature. You might want to look to that.

E

Element 117

TLB, not sure if you're being facetious or serious. Either way, you're producing words of a neither valuable nor welcome nature. You might want to look to that.
mother fucking win.
Can you please do a video rant that says this? Preferably as a bootcamp instructor?

H

Hansagan

Hello.

Oddly enough, most of the discussion on the comics does seem to have migrated to the comments section on the page itself, which is generally quite lively. I will put out a reminder that this place exists though :)

These "Comments" and "Bloggs" seem to be replacing the Forums. I suppose that is "Progress", but is less welcome to we old timers!

How is your Mum now Han? I hope that she has recovered from her recent problems.

J

Jiarn

I've seen ALOT of activity by the boards since this initial post. Hurrah for motivation!

Hey all, this is actually the first time I've been back here in quite a while. I'm usually only able to pop on here while I'm at work (like right now, for instance), but the last couple months have been a bit crazy so I haven't been able to stop in.

I noticed a lot of the traffic seems to have gone to the comments section on the main site. Which is kind of a shame as the comments section is pretty crappy at fostering and maintaining discussions. If I have time over the next few weeks I'll see if I can post a few prodding posts out there to maybe wake a few folks up. :)

Dave

Staff member
No worries. We want this to be win/win. It's not something we want to necessarily force on anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.