[Question] London, England

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

makare

apparently o_c disagrees that I ate fish and chips in Straford but I swear I did...

So, I'm one of the finalists, and I have more information.

They'll provide a "flat" (don't I sound british already!!!) that should be ~25 minutes away from the office
The cost of living adjustment is pretty generous, I'm not very worried about that.
It'll go from June to the end of the year.

I hope I get it!

fade

Staff member
Re: British food being terrible. I work for a UK company, and most of the British people here agree with that stereotype.

I actually like international football! If this goes through, I will do the research and prepare to care a lot about a team. What's the uh. Schedule/season going to be like ~June through December?

June's the big European championship for the national teams, through July. but that won't be in England. England's league, the EPL lasts August through mid-Mayish.

Ok, I'm going to give ya the quick run down before I'm off to work.

As of right now, there are 5 London teams in the EPL. That may change next season, depending on who gets relegated/promoted to/from the lower league.

Chelsea, Arsenal, and Tottenham are the "big three" in London. All really good, all have a spot of going to the Champions Leaguse (Which pits the best teams in Europe against each other) next year.

Fulham's a mid-table team. But I like them because they have Clint Dempsey, (in my opinion) the best current American player. From Texas!

Q.P.R just got promoted this season, and may or may not get relegated again by the end. I, honestly, don't know much about them.

Of course, there are other teams in the lower leagues that are always worth a watch. West Ham comes to mind, simply for their historical importance.

As for picking a team, just look up vids from the current season, read up on them, and see which team bests suits "you."

Although if you pick Chelsea I will relentlessly make fun of you, as last year Chelsea paid Liverpool 50 million pounds for a striker who has scored a hilarious total of 5 goals this season.

And BAM. I'm done.

I'll always be a fan of theirs'. Granted, I haven't followed as closely as I used to, and their 2002-2003 season was my favorite. But Scholes is just a stud, no getting around that.

Isn't 5 goals a lot in soccer????? (kidding)

One of my favorite US sportswriters did a series a couple years ago where he tried to pick a team to follow, and ended up going Tottenham. Maybe I'll dig it up and see if I agree with him / if much has changed in the last couple years.

Isn't 5 goals a lot in soccer????? (kidding)

One of my favorite US sportswriters did a series a couple years ago where he tried to pick a team to follow, and ended up going Tottenham. Maybe I'll dig it up and see if I agree with him / if much has changed in the last couple years.
That would be just like you, Charlie, supporting the scum like that.

I'll always be a fan of theirs'. Granted, I haven't followed as closely as I used to, and their 2002-2003 season was my favorite. But Scholes is just a stud, no getting around that.
I will counter with my (very biased, as he is my favorite player) vote for best English Midfielder.

I can't read, I can't write, but I drove a tractor. I'm a man united fan and I'm a fucking wanker!!

Sorry Kags , But I hate Man U. Chelsea all the way!!

fade

Staff member

I like marmite.

I also get my co-workers to pick up a bag of Twiglets for me every time they go to the home office, because those things are tasty. Very similar to marmite.

Status
Not open for further replies.