Export thread

License Plate help

Celt Z

Celt Z

Hey, look! My first thread! :)

I'm redoing Li'l Z's room (changing it over from nursery to "bigger kid") and went with a cars theme. Li'l Z is obsessed with cars, not just the Disney kind. When I was looking for something related, I came across this image and thought, "Hey, I can make that!":

But I'm making mine with plates from different states. So I'm asking, o kind Halforumites, if anyone has a plate they no longer need we could have? Right now I have NJ, NY, and PA, and friends of ours have said they could send MI, LA and KS. Canada plates are good, too! I figure a few more states to fill out what we already have should do it.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Hmm, I don't have any unused, but I'll keep my eyes open. Texas license plates look like clown-splatter.

Emrys

Emrys

I think I have my ON plate kicking around. I'll see if I can dig it up along with a SK plate.

Dei

Dei

My front plate currently has a hole in it and will probably need to be replaced, if they don't make us surrender it to get a new one I could give it to you. Will let you know.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Hmm, I don't have any unused, but I'll keep my eyes open. Texas license plates look like clown-splatter.

Wow. Ontario's is the complete opposite:

on2003mapleleafs.jpg

But at least we have a nice optimistic, welcoming motto.

Denbrought

Denbrought

View attachment 23876
Dunno, the judgey robot is not all that nice.

Edit:
@Gruebeard
forshame.jpg

PatrThom

PatrThom

Ah, I remember the plain ol' blue-and-whites. The ones that didn't have the sports logo. They were everywhere.

--Patrick

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Wow. Ontario's is the complete opposite:

View attachment 23876
Nope, still looks like clown splatter.:p

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Our old car should be going the way of the dodo soon, so I will see if I can scrounge the plate from it.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Problem with my spare plate is that it's a Wisconsin Packers plate. I do have my old Truck plate, if you'd be interested...

Celt Z

Celt Z

Problem with my spare plate is that it's a Wisconsin Packers plate. I do have my old Truck plate, if you'd be interested...
I would be interested, please and thank you!

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Problem with my spare plate is that it's a Wisconsin Packers plate.
I agree, the Packers suck.:troll:

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I'll double check our garage and see if we have one. Ours says "Canada's Ocean Playground".

PatrThom

PatrThom

I have extra leftover plates.
I don't know where they are.

--Patrick

Celt Z

Celt Z

I have extra leftover plates.
I don't know where they are.

--Patrick
If you come across them, great! If not, ah, well.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I have one extra plate from my girlfriend's crashed car. However, for one thing, she's prety attached to it as a memory for her first car, and for another, it's illegal to ship official Belgian plates abroad, so.... sorry :p

General Specific

General Specific

I think I have my old SC plate either in my garage or still bashing around in the back of my car. I'll see if I can find it and then wing it your way.

GasBandit

GasBandit

@Celt Z Uhhhh.... what's your policy on rust?

Celt Z

Celt Z

@Celt Z Uhhhh.... what's your policy on rust?
A little rust is NBD. If I need a tetanus shot to touch it, it's probably not a good idea.

GasBandit

GasBandit

A little rust is NBD. If I need a tetanus shot to touch it, it's probably not a good idea.
Rats. I had a line on one, but it given that it is on a car that has been parked in the woods for 30+ years... we're probably talking tetanus territory.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Well, I hope it's not too bad, because there's a bit she's gonna need to clean off of mine...

Celt Z

Celt Z

Well, I hope it's not too bad, because there's a bit she's gonna need to clean off of mine...
:unibrow:

...oh yeah. The plate.
Anyhow, a few of the plates I have already are beat up from use, but I think it adds to the charm.

strawman

strawman

Let me know if your michigan plates fall through, and I'll check to see if I happen to have an ohio laying about.

Shakey

Shakey

I think I have a MN plate around. I may have used it as a heat shield while soldering some plumbing though. FYI, it works, but it can make some funky fumes if it gets too hot.

Dei

Dei

My husband thinks he has his old CT plates laying around.

Celt Z

Celt Z

@jwhouk :
Got your package! Li'l Z was next to me when I opened it, and thinks it's really cool. He's really excited about this collage. Big "Thank you!" from both of us!

General Specific

General Specific

Over the weekend I found my old one and a box I can send it in. Just PM me your address and I might remember to get it out to you sometime this week (work is going to be crazy for a bit).

fade

fade

I just saw this thread. I have moved around a lot as an adult, and I have quite a few of these. I can see what I can dig up. I've got older TX, newer TX, Louisiana (car and motorcycle), Massachusetts, and probably South Carolina (older bird one).

GasBandit

GasBandit

Aren't you glad you don't have this license plate:

Celt Z

Celt Z

He'd never notice until he's older. I'd just be long-term trolling my child.

Not that I'd have a problem doing that. :D

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I'm really sorry, I guess we don't have a spare license plate :(

strawman

strawman

You still need/want Michigan and/or Ohio? I have one of each I can donate to the cause.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

eBay has a bunch of Northwest Territories polar bear plates. :)

Celt Z

Celt Z

You still need/want Michigan and/or Ohio? I have one of each I can donate to the cause.
I do, please! Shall I PM you where they can be sent?

strawman

strawman

I do, please! Shall I PM you where they can be sent?
Yes.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Mine used to look something like that, current one is like this

Our last one looked like this...

GasBandit

GasBandit

I miss the simple "Space shuttle on blue" ones. I thought they looked pretty good. They had color, and were distinctive, but weren't as flamboyant as the new clownsplatter ones.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Just saw this. The fact that it's Fulton County just makes it even funnier.

And probably accurate.

Also @Celt Z, spent last weekend clearing out my brother and sister's house. In the garage were an IL and TN plate, so I will see about sending em your way.

Celt Z

Celt Z

@stienman : Thank you! I received your package today!

ncts_dodge_man

ncts_dodge_man

Next month I should have 2 different Wisconsin car plates if you'd like them - my family is moving to Kentucky with our two vehicles and get to re-plate (and get new drivers licenses but those aren't being shared!).

blotsfan

blotsfan

@stienman : Thank you! I received your package today!
Well you're pregnant.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Well you're pregnant.
And life, once again, imitates art.

Celt Z

Celt Z

C'mon, man, why aren't you sharing those drivers licenses? I thought we were friends! How am I supposed to take my 4-year-old bar hopping without an ID?! ;)

(But thank you for the offer! I did just get a Wisconsin plate from jwhouk.)

Well you're pregnant.
You don't know how hard it was for me not to write something like this in my first message. I guess I'm Patient Zero for the Stienman East Coast takeover.