License Plate help

Hey, look! My first thread! :)

I'm redoing Li'l Z's room (changing it over from nursery to "bigger kid") and went with a cars theme. Li'l Z is obsessed with cars, not just the Disney kind. When I was looking for something related, I came across this image and thought, "Hey, I can make that!":

But I'm making mine with plates from different states. So I'm asking, o kind Halforumites, if anyone has a plate they no longer need we could have? Right now I have NJ, NY, and PA, and friends of ours have said they could send MI, LA and KS. Canada plates are good, too! I figure a few more states to fill out what we already have should do it.

My front plate currently has a hole in it and will probably need to be replaced, if they don't make us surrender it to get a new one I could give it to you. Will let you know.

Ah, I remember the plain ol' blue-and-whites. The ones that didn't have the sports logo. They were everywhere.

--Patrick

Problem with my spare plate is that it's a Wisconsin Packers plate. I do have my old Truck plate, if you'd be interested...

I have one extra plate from my girlfriend's crashed car. However, for one thing, she's prety attached to it as a memory for her first car, and for another, it's illegal to ship official Belgian plates abroad, so.... sorry :p

GasBandit

Staff member
A little rust is NBD. If I need a tetanus shot to touch it, it's probably not a good idea.
Rats. I had a line on one, but it given that it is on a car that has been parked in the woods for 30+ years... we're probably talking tetanus territory.

I think I have a MN plate around. I may have used it as a heat shield while soldering some plumbing though. FYI, it works, but it can make some funky fumes if it gets too hot.

@jwhouk :
Got your package! Li'l Z was next to me when I opened it, and thinks it's really cool. He's really excited about this collage. Big "Thank you!" from both of us!

Over the weekend I found my old one and a box I can send it in. Just PM me your address and I might remember to get it out to you sometime this week (work is going to be crazy for a bit).

fade

Staff member
I just saw this thread. I have moved around a lot as an adult, and I have quite a few of these. I can see what I can dig up. I've got older TX, newer TX, Louisiana (car and motorcycle), Massachusetts, and probably South Carolina (older bird one).