Letters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to wonder: why is Google returning "afrointroductions.com" for this site, online African Dating and Singles? Is writing actual letters an indication of blackness? :confused: No jokes about my search history - I'm at work so this pc's got a VERY clean history.

Cajungal

Staff member
Chad, I got your letter! Well I got it a while ago, but I made myself wait to read it until I had the time to write. Now I do! You really have a skill for letter writing. I get self-conscious when I write to people and don't always do well being conversational. I have such poor vision... I needed my little magnifying glass and extra light to read it. Damn my eyes!

So I'm 90% sure I forgot to put a street for Chad's address... wtf Bumble, GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME.

I look forward to my letter being returned so I can send it once more.

I am sooo glad to hear things have begun to arrive! It's lovely news. And yes, my handwriting... I write a lot, so it gets better, slowly. Just wait til I break out the fancy paper and fountain pen.

AY YO BUMBLE how'd you know that I can't keep all the paper I'm makin' together? Shit dawg, solvin' problems before I even know I have 'em.

The seal was harder than I thought it'd be. I tried to use my High school ring as my stamp but it never worked out quite right. I think i needed to wait until it was solid, but still warm enough to press. I'll try again on my reply when hopefully it's less windy as well.

Wax cools/solidifies pretty quickly, so I wouldn't wait long. I do it while it's still super liquidy and hold the seal for 15-20 seconds... then pull it off and you've got a mostly-hardened, clean imprint. Sealing wax might have different properties than other wax though? I'm not sure. Seems a reasonable assumption, I suppose.

Cajungal I moved out three weeks ago, and not only have I gotten behind on responding to letters, I think your letter may still be at my parents house, as they keep reminding me I have mail there. I'll be over there for dinner tonight so I will let you know if it's arrived!

Oh, this thread reminded me of a video. Mr. Sexington, prepare to turn green with envy.

Skip ahead to around 3:00 if you just want to get to the good stuff.

Dear gods, that pen is a thing of beauty.
And I would give my right hand to be able to write like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.