[NCAAF] Lennay Kekua doesn't post here anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds more like the common lie...

Hey, why don't you ask her out? She likes you.

I, uh, have a girlfriend in uh... Florida. She's a model.

It must suck to be a dude in Florida because all the models are dating losers in the Mid-West.

Necronic

Staff member
more than anything I am concerned that this is considered acceptable writing by a journalist

Swarbrick said Te'o got a call when he was in Orlando for a college football awards show, which was Dec. 6, from a number he knew to be Kekua. The voice on the other end was the one he knew as Kekua, Swarbrick said, and the person on the other end who Te'o had known to be his girlfriend, who he thought died in September, told Te'o she was not dead.
EXCELLENT GRAMMAR.

Dave

Staff member
This is the story of a kid who told a lie that spiraled out of control. I feel sorry for him, but don't think it should affect his NFL prospects at all. It's as much the media's fault for going apeshit on this story, which essentially painted him into a corner where it became more and more difficult to get out of.

Yes, he's a moron. But I still feel a little sorry for him.

He lied. There were times when they said they hung out together. If they had, he'd have known she wasn't real. If they hadn't, he lied about it.
There are also people who have said she came to Hawaii to visit him. I have to wonder if anyone in Laie actually saw this "girlfriend" on her visits.

So, now theres speculation that Te'o is gay. If thats the case I feel bad for making fun of him. A mormon football player at a catholic school is a terrible situation for a gay person.

Dave

Staff member
I heard the same thing on a sports radio station. Not based in any fact or reality in any way.

This whole thing is just...weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.