ksp 1.0.5 (funny picture bonus)

Started a playthrough of KSP 1.0.5. I haven't gotten far enough along to see the big changes yet.

But I have noticed that I've almost cleared the tech tree half way without grinding science by biome hopping or setting up a space lab. In fact, I haven't even landed on the Mun or Minmus yet--though I have landed on Ike, Duna and Gilly with unmanned probes.

You get a lot of money help in 1.0.5. You get bonuses for all kinds of "world's firsts"..such as entering eve's atmosphere.

So, about 30 minutes ago, I got one of those bonuses by entering Eve's atmosphere--where my probe promptly blew up due to overheating. But the MechJeb module survived, falling through the atmosphere at less than 100m/s. And since it's considered an AI/RCU part, I couldn't switch to the space center. Because I had a plane "in flight". :D

So, I put the game on 4X time warp (the fastest you can go in atmosphere), went to the 7-11 for iced teas, went to the Sheetz (in a whole other state..hah) for lotto tickets. Came home, and took this screen shot.

Still flying :)

Though it did touch down about 10 seconds after I linked the picture. And I got a 50K bonus "world first" for landing on eve. :p