[News] Koreans will never satisfy their lust for noodles

Or, you can have their noodles when you pry the chopsticks out of their cold, dead hands.

Clicky. (Associated Press)

Shin Ramyun is the top seller in Korea, and you can find it just about anywhere here, too. 89 cents a package at Walmart. I haven't tried this brand yet, but now I'm curious. The sodium content for a single serving is 1050mg.

A single serving is half a package. So... 2100mg per bowl is far more likely. I can feel my blood pressure spiking just typing in this thread. :aaah:

Or, you can have their noodles when you pry the chopsticks out of their cold, dead hands.

Clicky. (Associated Press)

Shin Ramyun is the top seller in Korea, and you can find it just about anywhere here, too. 89 cents a package at Walmart. I haven't tried this brand yet, but now I'm curious. The sodium content for a single serving is 1050mg.

A single serving is half a package. So... 2100mg per bowl is far more likely. I can feel my blood pressure spiking just typing in this thread. :aaah:

You can say the same about China. I know Chinese who pack half their suitcase with instant noodles when they go on vacation. It even caused a problem between Chinese tourists and the Maldives.

I generally don't use the mix that comes with it. I just boil the noodles, dump the water, and add hot sauce or something.

I usually boil the noodles and add half the packet.
Or I will just eat the noodle cake dry and save the packet for a quick Wintertime warm-up.

--Patrick

It looks a bit like yakisoba, which I also enjoy. It's hard to find this kind of stuff in Ohio though, outside of the Asian Heritage Festival.
Ah, I meant Indomie brand Mi Goreng instant noodles. It's prepared similar to how you described making ramen, which is why I mentioned it.

Instant ramen is literally the only food on Earth that gives me heartburn. I used to eat it by the crate and suffer horrendous heartburn when I was a young adult. It took me a long time to put the two and two together.