Export thread

Kobe fucking Bryant

Dave

Dave

Helicopter crash. All aboard were killed.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Sounds like he had his daughters onboard.

Dave

Dave

I just read that as well. His wife was the only one not on board.

Celt Z

Celt Z

That's absolutely heart-breaking. Honestly, poor Vanessa Bryant right now. That is a nightmare I'd never want to know.

Dave

Dave

And now they are saying that ABC falsely reported about the kids and other sites are saying his wife and daughters were not on board. So that's good, I suppose.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

ESPN is saying his 13 year old was with him.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Thank God that it wasn't all of his kids.

Just reading on CNN that he takes the chopper because he is in such pain that he could not sit in a car for 2 hours.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

He was heading to his daughter's game along with her teammate and another parent. Along with the pilot makes all five that were aboard.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Just reading on CNN that he takes the chopper because he is in such pain that he could not sit in a car for 2 hours.
The attitude going around work: “I don’t care if you’re famous and don’t want to spend an extra 10min in a car traffic, that’s no excuse to take a helicopter.”
So full of sympathy, my coworkers are.

—Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

if they were rich enough, most of them would do it in a heartbeat.

PatrThom

PatrThom

if they were rich enough, most of them would do it in a heartbeat.
But they’re not, hence the hostility.

—Patrick

blotsfan

blotsfan

I genuinely can't think of the last celebrity death that had the combination of iconicness, youth, and suddenness. It still doesn't feel that real. He was the top story on ESPN this morning just because of Lebron passing his record. And now he's dead. Insane.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Now there are reports that there were 9 people aboard, not 5.

jwhouk

jwhouk

This was a huge shock to me when I saw it on my phone.

Not a Lakers fan by any stretch, but this is beyond tragic.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Jeezus. Talk about the transience of life and the impartiality of death made manifest. Sic transit gloria Kobe.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Man, I saw Kobe once in Taipei, he was browsing around Taipei 101, and I happened to be there too. And just like that he's gone. Damn.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Saw the news when my alarm went off tonight. Went from drowsily scrolling through notifications to *BAM* wide awake in an instant. :(

Bubble181

Bubble181

And, of course, conspiracy theorists are already twisting it all kinds of ways. But it's clearly Republicans covering the news cycle :rolleyes:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

And, of course, conspiracy theorists are already twisting it all kinds of ways. But it's clearly Republicans covering the news cycle :rolleyes:
Wait, what?

Bubble181

Bubble181

Wait, what?
As far as I've been able to follow, someone blew the chopper out of the sky deliberately, to keep the impeachment out of the news cycle.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

As far as I've been able to follow, someone blew the chopper out of the sky deliberately, to keep the impeachment out of the news cycle.
I did a search I now regret after posting that. qanon needs to just fucking burn.

blotsfan

blotsfan

ESPN is playing his last game and boy those farewell messages are super sad in hindsight.

Dave

Dave

What pisses me off is that TMZ broke and reported the story before the families were contacted. So these people found out their loved ones died in the crash...from Twitter.

chris

chris

The whole media coverage is a shit show. The BBC aired a tribute but it was about LeBron James.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Sounds like he had his daughters onboard.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/abc-news-suspends-correspondent-mistakenly-232401669.html

Wow, Matt Guttman has been suspended for making that report I heard about all his daughters being with him.

jwhouk

jwhouk

The wreckage has been brought by the NTSA to Phoenix for inspection. Not surprising, since Falcon Field is where the majority of helicopters made in the US are built (Boeing & McDonnell-Douglas have their facilities here).

BErt

BErt