Kags' Cosplay Thread

I'd spotted them, but the Evil Queen was, at one point, presumably, a princess...I hadn't really thought about genderbendered dr Facillier, to be honest :p

So, next year, Kags as trans-Frollo?
OHhh, I getcha!

HAHA, no! But....I will be a villain next year. Alice is officially retired.

Are you staying in the Alice "family" and doing Red Queen/Queen of Hearts, going to another Disney "family," or haven't decided yet?
I'm going out of the Alice family. =^^= If I have the money and time I MAY do Red Queen, since the thought did cross my mind, but I have someone else lined up I'm more interested in being.

I'm actually guessing White Queen.
Good guess, but no. :)

Why is my adbar in this thread an Asian dating service?
I'm sorry, but it's time I come clean, you've stumbled upon my side business.

Hey friends!! Help me out!

Next year I'll be cosplaying a character that requires some red leather and since I want to use geniune leather...I'm in a pickle. The color it needs to be is red. Which isn't exactly hard to find, but it only comes in large amounts, as in a whole hide. That's a lot of leather....

SO, help me think of other characters I can cosplay that involve some red leather so it can be worth it buy a whole hide. Please!

Buy a smaller hide (like a half hide) and dye it yourself?
I'm being difficult because I don't want to do that. If it comes in red, I'd rather get it in red. I have enough new things to learn with this costume, I'd rather take that out of the equation by getting the color I need first thing.

(It is good advice and a good idea, though! Just not for me right now.)[DOUBLEPOST=1376000003,1375999870][/DOUBLEPOST]I did find a half hide in red, but...it's not the perfect red, so it's on the sidelines for now.

All I can think of is Sabine from Order of the Stick but you likely wouldn't want to cosplay what is effectively a succubus.

I'm being difficult because I don't want to do that. If it comes in red, I'd rather get it in red. I have enough new things to learn with this costume, I'd rather take that out of the equation by getting the color I need first thing.

(It is good advice and a good idea, though! Just not for me right now.)[DOUBLEPOST=1376000003,1375999870][/DOUBLEPOST]I did find a half hide in red, but...it's not the perfect red, so it's on the sidelines for now.

No, that's fair. Dyeing leather can be a bit of a pain in the ass. I never worked with really supple thinner leathers anyway... mostly heavier stuff which is more forgiving.

Maybe find someone else who wants some red leather too and split that hide you have your eyes on?

Maybe find someone else who wants some red leather too and split that hide you have your eyes on?
I may do that! :D

But, first, I'd like ideas from you guys on who else I could cosplay that involves some red leather. If any other outfit strikes my fancy, then it will be worth it to me to just buy the whole hide and keep it.

Gusto said:
All I can think of is Sabine from Order of the Stick but you likely wouldn't want to cosplay what is effectively a succubus.
This comment makes me want to cosplay Hailey now... I wonder if I can rope anyone else into joining me...

My mind went straight to "some variation of Harley Quinn" too - and I've never seen or read anything she's in, actually. The character's just so well known and cosplayed so often it's the first red woman that came to mind.
Sabine would be a cool second, but as has been pointed out...Succubus.

You could use some red leather to upgrade your Red Riding Hood costume?
A female Daredevil?
And, of course, you can always use red leather instead of spandex/latex for Wonder Woman, Supoerwoman, Spiderwoman,....

You guys realize I've already cosplayed Harley Quinn right? And I honestly have no real interest in cosplaying her again. I love the character, don't get me wrong, but Poison Ivy has always been my favorite, not Harley. I'll pull out my Steampunk Harley every once in a while, but I don't intend to do any of her other costumes. =^^=

My mind went straight to "some variation of Harley Quinn" too - and I've never seen or read anything she's in, actually. The character's just so well known and cosplayed so often it's the first red woman that came to mind.
Sabine would be a cool second, but as has been pointed out...Succubus.

You could use some red leather to upgrade your Red Riding Hood costume?
A female Daredevil?
And, of course, you can always use red leather instead of spandex/latex for Wonder Woman, Supoerwoman, Spiderwoman,....

I don't get why her being a Succubus would put me off? And yes, I know what a Succubus is, or does for that matter. You guys are just funny when it comes to what you think my sensibilities are.

I've never done a Red Riding Hood costume? But I do like the idea! Kind of like battle Red Riding Hood, with leather and such.
Thanks for the thoughts Bubble! =^^=

I thought you had tried a Little Red Riding Hood character, once upon a time?
....I don't think so...? I took pictures of my friend in her Red Riding Hood costume, but that's as close as I've come. Although if we're talking about Ruby from Once Upon a Time, then yes, that is a possibility.

This outfit:

I don't get why her being a Succubus would put me off? And yes, I know what a Succubus is, or does for that matter. You guys are just funny when it comes to what you think my sensibilities are.
Eh. Succubus => female seduction/sex demon => tight suit with cleavage and implied lust/sexual deviation => brings out the very worst in the bad kind of cosplay admirer => close encounters of the unpleasant kind.

I wouldn't say yes or no based on your own sensibilities, but on the basis of "why go looking for it?". We're veering into dangerous territory here, and I don't want this thread to devolve into yet another one of those threads, as this can far too easily be misconstrued or reworded as "if you [dress like this] you're looking for [bad behaviour] and you're at fault if you [encounter said bad behaviour]".

Cosplaying a sex demon in tight red leather is more likely to get you unwanted attention than cosplaying a garbage truck. This does not imply that I think it's in any way okay to [anything] to someone cosplaying a sex demon. The odds of encountering annoying idiots who may notice you does go up, though.

That aside, looking back, I was indeed thinking of your friend in the Red Riding Hood costume. Exqueeze me.

Why is my adbar in this thread an Asian dating service?
My theory is that if you log in with your cookies and history cleared, the ad service sees that you are blocking things and so automatically assumes you must be from China, hence those ads.

--Patrick