Just your average morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
So about 6am this morning my wife and I are awakened by a "BOOM" from somewhere nearby. The dogs start barking, and I realize it's because there are police lights outside (which the dogs hate for some reason). Cops on our street aren't that unusual, since there's a traffic light a block away that people run all the time. But one of them seems to be blocking the street, which is a little unusual.

About 15 minutes later, I check back and see a SWAT team coming out of the house across the street, geared up to all bejesus (I'm assuming now that the "BOOM" was them busting the door down). There are also a lot of guys who seem to have recently swapped their suit jackets for bulletproof vests. As one of them turns around, I see the big "FBI" on the back.

Then my neighbor (who is probably around 60, quiet, plays with his grandkids a lot, etc.) gets brought out in cuffs. I check back a little later and they're taking the cuffs off and just chatting with him on his porch. He was still sitting there when I left for work.

Now I ask you, WTF?

fade

Staff member
A friend of mine (a fellow professor) got "wrong carred" once. He was on his way home from teaching a night class. He got pulled over by about 5 cop cars, yanked through the window of his car, thrown to the ground (tearing his clothes, and scraping his chin). They didn't tell him anything other than that he failed to stop. (that part was true. the lights came on at the beginning of a bridge, so my friend slowed down and rolled to the end of the bridge, thinking he was doing the cop a courtesy) They put him in the back of a cop car before finally letting him go. He said there must've been 20 cop cars there by the end. They still gave him a "failure to stop" summons. My friend documented the damage and went to the station the next day, where he got a half-hearted apology from the cop. He's in legal action now.

A friend of mine (a fellow professor) got "wrong carred" once. He was on his way home from teaching a night class. He got pulled over by about 5 cop cars, yanked through the window of his car, thrown to the ground (tearing his clothes, and scraping his chin). They didn't tell him anything other than that he failed to stop. (that part was true. the lights came on at the beginning of a bridge, so my friend slowed down and rolled to the end of the bridge, thinking he was doing the cop a courtesy) They put him in the back of a cop car before finally letting him go. He said there must've been 20 cop cars there by the end. They still gave him a "failure to stop" summons. My friend documented the damage and went to the station the next day, where he got a half-hearted apology from the cop. He's in legal action now.
I'd be in that court room, brace on my neck, cast on my arm and walking on crutches for sure. :twisted:

I'd be in that court room, brace on my neck, cast on my arm and walking on crutches for sure. :twisted:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but when you left everyone else would be needing those things...

-Adam

Update:

I went home for lunch and neighbor was still sitting on his porch with detective-types milling around. When I left to go back to work they were taking a younger guy I didn't recognize away in handcuffs along with several bags.

My theory is the guy's son/relative/friend was had drugs/weapons there. Maybe neighbor knew, maybe not. Seems like he'd be in cuffs if he knew about it.

Weird shit for an otherwise quiet street, but it is in the city and shit does happen.

Update:

I went home for lunch and neighbor was still sitting on his porch with detective-types milling around. When I left to go back to work they were taking a younger guy I didn't recognize away in handcuffs along with several bags.

My theory is the guy's son/relative/friend was had drugs/weapons there. Maybe neighbor knew, maybe not. Seems like he'd be in cuffs if he knew about it.

Weird shit for an otherwise quiet street, but it is in the city and shit does happen.
That seemed like quite a bit of Swat and FBI for a typical, small-time drug bust though.

L

lafftaff

The cops came to my house in the middle of the night once. I woke up b/c they were banging & shining their lights through my windows. There had just been a car chase & the car was found abandoned right outside my backyard. They searched the house & questioned me.

I was more mad at myself though. I opened the door without checking who they were. Banging at my door in the middle of the night? No worries, I'm sure it's safe.

When I left to go back to work they were taking a younger guy I didn't recognize away in handcuffs along with several bags.
It was body parts actually. I should have known better than to use a kid's grandpa's place for storage...

When I left to go back to work they were taking a younger guy I didn't recognize away in handcuffs along with several bags.
It was body parts actually. I should have known better than to use a kid's grandpa's place for storage...[/QUOTE]
On the bright side they probably think they have the "Mincemeat Killer" case solved.
Carry on.

I have no idea why, but when I hear "Mincemeat Killer", I think of a murderer that sprinkles cat food on their victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.