Job Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

I am an IT worker who is trying to get another job. I am doing all the usual things to try and find one, want ads, craigslist, and other assorted job sites. What I was curious about are the sites like monster and dice that want you to upload your resume (I figure what the hell, why not, not like it'll hurt any); do employers actually look at resumes online?

Dave

Staff member
They do, but sites like that are rampant with scams and stuff like that so you have to be careful.

You're best off going to a site like careerlink.org for your local city.

I'm not familiar with Dice so I can't say. But I get crap from Monster all the time and most of them are scams.

One thing I would add is that headhunters (companies hired to hire people) look at them, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but yeah, you're going to get a lot of false offers.

Necronic

Staff member
Monster and some of the other's generally suck, but you may find something on them so keep an eye out, the best way to do this is with:

indeed.com, it's a fantastic aggregate scanner.

For contracting firms/headhunters, send your resume to the following 3-4 firms:

KellyIT
OnAssignment
Manpower (not sure if they do IT)
Aerotek (also not sure if they do IT)

Kelly has always been fantastic at finding me jobs. OnAssignment generally does higher end placement, but that may just be in my field.

C

Chazwozel

indeed.com seems to be the only job site that culls all the other job sites for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.