Export thread

I've had 4 hours of sleep, so AMA.

Emrys

Emrys

You might get a weird answer. You might get a short video of me drooling on my keyboard. You might have a doomweasel show up at your house later tonight. Go ahead; take a chance.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Two-parter...

Do the doomies have separate hoards, or one big one?

and

What's the biggest thing you've caught them in the act of trying to steal?

Bubble181

Bubble181

Weasels or ferrets?

Owls or hawks?

Why the animal thing?

Why live somewhere too cold and northern for Santa?

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I wanna see the drooling video..

Question: Do your doomies have a strong smell? We had a ferret when I was a kid, and it had a very distinctive odor. I'm not sure if he was fixed (which I hear helps a lot). I loved our ferret, but I'm kind of a stickler for the house having a neutral odor (I have a very powerful sense of smell). I won't even get a hamster for that reason. heh.

Emrys

Emrys

Two-parter...

Do the doomies have separate hoards, or one big one?

and

What's the biggest thing you've caught them in the act of trying to steal?
I have three separate groups of doomweasels because even amongst genetically-altered monstrosities designed to take over the world, there are utter bastards. There is a group of 4 that lives upstairs and a group of 10 that live downstairs. Mostly I have to deal with in-fighting for pecking order but since I have one strong-willed male and two strong-willed females who aren't backing down, I can't keep them together as a business. However, the aggression is good for unleashing on an unsuspecting populace so I encourage it.

Besides me (I've had 37 doomies in my life and fully half* of the them have tried to drag and stash me under a sofa/bed/cabinet), I had a little 1-lb sprite drag my upright vacuum cleaner under the futon, then drag a blanket over it to hide it. She loved to chase and attack it when I vacuumed and didn't want me messing with her toy.

So, yes, they are fully capable of dragging you back to Saskatchewan. You have been warned.

*No, I didn't have half a weasel drag me under a sofa. Hush, I don't math this early in the morning.

Emrys

Emrys

Weasels or ferrets?
There's a difference?

Owls or hawks?
There's a difference? :hide:

OK, OK, no hitting. That's a tough choice but I would go with owls. The adults are gorgeous and have a quiet grace while hunting that is beautiful to watch; the owlets look like something from the Jim Henson Workshop. Plus, they are fun to hoot at during the evening because I can tell it's bugging the crap out of them. :)

Why the animal thing?
I've always gotten along better with animals than with people. I grew up quiet, shy, and depressed and animals were there for me when adults weren't. They helped me get through some pretty rough times when medication and therapy wasn't helping, so I give back to them how I'm best able.

Why live somewhere too cold and northern for Santa?
I grew up in heat and humidity and can't handle either of them. Before I moved up here, I would be so sick from the heat that I could only eat once the sun went down (no, this does not mean I'm a vampire; put down the holy water). My first winter in Quebec was rough but that was mainly because I didn't have the clothes for it (plus, OMG, real snow!). Now I've adapted and wander around in -20C in my light coat instead of my heavy, -40C coat. I also like to laugh at Canadians who like to complain about the humidity. Oooooo, 45% humidity. How tragic for you![DOUBLEPOST=1449666859,1449666290][/DOUBLEPOST]
I wanna see the drooling video..
Will you accept a doomweasel drooling on the keyboard? I really shouldn't reveal my true identity before I put my evil plan in motion.

Question: Do your doomies have a strong smell? We had a ferret when I was a kid, and it had a very distinctive odor. I'm not sure if he was fixed (which I hear helps a lot). I loved our ferret, but I'm kind of a stickler for the house having a neutral odor (I have a very powerful sense of smell). I won't even get a hamster for that reason. heh.
Neutering/spaying doomies definitely helps - the males are the stinkiest, nastiest, greasiest creatures on the face of the earth (except for politicians) and the females aren't much better. It's not necessary to have them de-scented because while they do have anal glands that they use for defense, they don't spray like a skunk. At the most, it smells like a bad fart that dissipates quickly.

The main odour comes from the oil that they naturally produce and the best way to combat that is to wash their bedding regularly to prevent oil from building up and turning rancid. I wash my doomies' bedding in hot water with baking soda once a week and it keeps the odour way, way down. Feeding them a good diet (either a high-quality ferret kibble or a raw diet) will also keep down litter box odours. You're naturally going to get some smell because they are animals but it isn't any worse than dogs, cats, or teenage boys.

PatrThom

PatrThom

What is your best way to stay awake? Caffeine? Exercise? Television? What?

--Patrick

Emrys

Emrys

What is your best way to stay awake? Caffeine? Exercise? Television? What?

--Patrick
Today is definitely going to be a caffeine day. Normally, I would turn to exercise, like riding my bike, but 4 hours of sleep means that the energy level has hit rock bottom and I don't have enough umph to kick back my kickstand, much less push a pedal.

TV definitely wouldn't work. I'm already starting to blank out while reading my computer screen and the drooling has started. I'm thinking of painting eyes on the lenses of my glasses so everything thinks I'm awake.

This is going to be a long day.

strawman

strawman

Emrys

Emrys

Good idea but I have to ask myself - do I want to look like a Muppet?

Correction: do I want to look even more like a Muppet?

Fun Size

Fun Size

During bouts of exhaustion, are you more prone to giggling fits or random weeping?

strawman

strawman

During bouts of energy, are you more prone to juggling fits or random sweeping?

Emrys

Emrys

During bouts of exhaustion, are you more prone to giggling fits or random weeping?
Definitely fits of giggling. It gets really interesting when I'm super-tired and I talk to someone on the phone and I start rambling off into weird areas and saying whatever pops into my head. Then the singing starts...[DOUBLEPOST=1449679276,1449679219][/DOUBLEPOST]
During bouts of energy, are you more prone to juggling fits or random sweeping?
You should see me juggle doomweasels. It's a sight you'll never forget, no matter how much you try, no matter how much alcohol you consume.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Why the move from the deep south to the deep north?

MacGyver or Mr Wizard?

Favorite Muppet?

Fav and least fav aspect of the great white North and Dixie land?

Fav. Canuckistani cuisine?

strawman

strawman

Kirk or Picard?

Bubble181

Bubble181

One human-sized weasel under your command, or five weasel-sized ones?

A hot air balloon or a helicopter?

Owls or sea cucumbers?

World Domination for a year, or the love of your life, for life?

Wealth beyond your wildest dreams, or knowledge beyond your greatest understanding?

Live and let live, or Live by the sword, die by the sword?

Clichés or stereotypes?

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

But with World Domination sure could just force the love of her life into loving her. (and to take care of the time after that year, she can just have him disappeared to her retirement villa in Emyrskatchewan.

Does this sound like a good plan?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Correction: do I want to look even more like a Muppet?
bugeyedoom.jpg

ME WANT MORE CAFFEINE!

--Patrick

Emrys

Emrys

View attachment 19868
ME WANT MORE CAFFEINE!

--Patrick
I love you and want you to be my consort.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I love you and want you to be my consort.
My post was calculated to appeal most strongly to those people already 26hours into their day.
I hope you didn't startle anyone. :)

--Patrick

Emrys

Emrys

Why the move from the deep south to the deep north?
I had to get away from the heat/humidity and my crazy family. I had a friend who lived in St-Hubert in Quebec who invited me to live with him and I said "That's so crazy, it just might work". I was right - it was crazy and it worked. This April 4, 2016, I'll have been here 22 years and have my citizenship so I guess I'll stay, at least for a little while longer.

MacGyver or Mr Wizard?
Considering I've seen neither show (I watched horror movies when I was little; that's how crazy my childhood was), I can't really comment. I used to watch Mr. Roger's Neighborhood but he's not exactly known for blowing things up.

Favorite Muppet?
Oh, Sweetums, definitely, closely followed by Dr. Teeth and Uncle Deadly.

Fav and least fav aspect of the great white North and Dixie land?
Fav. of the GWN - The pace is slower compared to the US, the people are friendlier, it's cleaner. And there aren't as many people, so I'm not going to have as much trouble taking over.
Least fav. of the GWN - Sunset at 5:30 pm and sunrise at 9:30 am in the winter. I have Seasonal Affective Disorder and going to work and coming home in the dark can take its toll. Then again, there is sunrise at 4:30 am and sunset at 10:00 pm in the summer so that does help to balance it out.

Fav. of Dixieland - I miss the long growing season and the azaleas and magnolia trees. Spring in Mobile was always so beautiful before the cruel sun of summer torched everything.
Least fav. of Dixieland - See my above comment about the cruel sun of summer.

Fav. Canuckistani cuisine?
Smoked meat sandwiches at Schwartz's deli in Montreal. Heaven on a plate.

Emrys

Emrys

My post was calculated to appeal most strongly to those people already 26hours into their day.
I hope you didn't startle anyone. :)

--Patrick
I usually startle people around here when I'm reading Halforums, but at least I don't yell at the screen while I do it.

So... you mean you won't be my consort? :([DOUBLEPOST=1449687358,1449687153][/DOUBLEPOST]
Kirk or Picard?
Are you trying to start a war? Why don't you just ask me whether I prefer Subways or Quizos or how I like my steak cooked?

You've got to think about these things, stienman.

Emrys

Emrys

One human-sized weasel under your command, or five weasel-sized ones?
5 weasel-sized ones. Better for getting into tight spaces like up trouser legs.

A hot air balloon or a helicopter?
That's difficult. Both are good for dropping enraged badgers on peoples' heads but I think I would prefer the romanticism of a hot air balloon.

Owls or sea cucumbers?
Sea cucumbers are loathsome, spineless creatures that will be wiped from the seas

I plan on having both, with unlimited renewal options on the world domination part.

Wealth beyond your wildest dreams, or knowledge beyond your greatest understanding?
Do I get an option for power in there anywhere? What kind of multiple choice is this?

I'll go with wealth. I can probably use one to get the other but wealth will get me power quicker.

Live and let live, or Live by the sword, die by the sword?
"What is best in life is to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women."

Clichés or stereotypes?
We'll go with clichés, simply because I like the way that word sounds. ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1449688983,1449688901][/DOUBLEPOST]
But with World Domination sure could just force the love of her life into loving her. (and to take care of the time after that year, she can just have him disappeared to her retirement villa in Emyrskatchewan.

Does this sound like a good plan?
Sound like a good plan? That is the plan!

PS: you're first on the list.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Have any of your ferrets really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Emrys

Emrys

Have any of your ferrets really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
I must be more tired than I thought. I don't understand any of this and I can usually understand @Yoshimickster.

Dei

Dei

I don't understand it either, but then again, I got about as much sleep as you did. ;)

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Will you teach any of the doomies to hula before they invade my island?

blotsfan

blotsfan

In complete 100% seriousness, how many weasels do you have?

Emrys

Emrys

Will you teach any of the doomies to hula before they invade my island?
It's a good idea since it will necessary for them to blend in as much as possible before starting the attack. However, doomies are not known for their "line up and do things in a dignified manner" qualities. They are more known for piling on each other and being as much as a nuisance as possible. Think Dave Seville yelling at Alvin & the Chipmunks, except these chipmunks have fangs and claws. And are weaponized.[DOUBLEPOST=1449718748,1449718657][/DOUBLEPOST]
In complete 100% seriousness, how many weasels do you have?
I truly do have 14 ferrets - 4 upstairs and 10 downstairs. My plan is to open a ferret rescue shelter when I finally retire.

Bubble181

Bubble181

It's a good idea since it will necessary for them to blend in as much as possible before starting the attack. However, doomies are not known for their "line up and do things in a dignified manner" qualities. They are more known for piling on each other and being as much as a nuisance as possible. Think Dave Seville yelling at Alvin & the Chipmunks, except these chipmunks have fangs and claws. And are weaponized.
Okay, but in what universe is "doing the hula" something "dignified"?

Emrys

Emrys

Okay, but in what universe is "doing the hula" something "dignified"?
@WasabiPoptart, shall I kill him or would you like the honour?

Bubble181

Bubble181

This is many things, and I like the hula, but it's not something I immediately associate with dignity, really.

Emrys

Emrys

This is many things, and I like the hula, but it's not something I immediately associate with dignity, really.
I love you but you're a doorknob.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I love you but you're a doorknob.

I'll have to go visit Wasabi, it would seem.

Emrys

Emrys

I'll have to go visit Wasabi, it would seem.
I'll send some doomweasels to drag you there.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'll send some doomweasels to drag you there.
I think you may have to ask for some assistance from the Sea Weasels, all things considered. Otherwise, I won't fight'm too hard as long as they're dragging me Westwards :p

Emrys

Emrys

I think you may have to ask for some assistance from the Sea Weasels, all things considered. Otherwise, I won't fight'm too hard as long as they're dragging me Westwards :p
Yes, no need to struggle. It will all be over soon.

Oh, wait, you wanted to be alive at the end of your voyage?

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

PS: you're first on the list.
I'm immensely flattered, yet rather concerned about what happens to me when you move on down the list.

Do I get to retire to Gruetario?

Emrys

Emrys

I'm immensely flattered, yet rather concerned about what happens to me when you move on down the list.

Do I get to retire to Gruetario?
Absolutely. I have a very comprehensive and competitive "retirement" plan.

That should be without the quotes, shouldn't it? Darn, I always mess that up.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Oh, wait, you wanted to be alive at the end of your voyage?
Eh, I'm already dead inside :(

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Eh, I'm already dead inside :(
I don't see a question there.

Emrys, how are you gonna punish the scoundrowl for not asking you a question in your ask you a question thread?

jwhouk

jwhouk

Four hours?

How do you get so much sleep?

Emrys

Emrys

I don't see a question there.

Emrys, how are you gonna punish the scoundrowl for not asking you a question in your ask you a question thread?
I shall find a way.
[DOUBLEPOST=1449723399,1449723361][/DOUBLEPOST]
Four hours?

How do you get so much sleep?
Life is easy when you spray doomweasels with Endust and let them clean your house for you.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Why Saskatchewan? I spent some time there for work a few years ago and I'd love to go back.

Do you have any non doomie pets?

Do you see northern lights where you are?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

It's going on 2am EST. I'm up 'cause at work and it's not even lunchtime yet. What's your excuse tonight?

Dei

Dei

Insomnia time at Halforums!

Emrys

Emrys

It's going on 2am EST. I'm up 'cause at work and it's not even lunchtime yet. What's your excuse tonight?
Insomnia. :(

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Ferret Sign Still Smiling.jpg

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

FYI - Guys do hula, too. :)

[DOUBLEPOST=1449732240,1449731704][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's another video because she was just beautiful to watch.

Emrys

Emrys

@WasabiPoptart, the doomweasels are ready to infiltrate!

[DOUBLEPOST=1449777784,1449777417][/DOUBLEPOST]
Why Saskatchewan? I spent some time there for work a few years ago and I'd love to go back.
I moved out here when I got married and stayed after the divorce. I thought about moving back to Kingston, ON but I already had a job so I figured I'd give the province a chance. It's very lovely out here and not crowded at all.

Do you have any non doomie pets?
Three cats at the moment and working on setting up my aquariums to have fish. I've had nearly everything as a pet, except for hairy spiders and centipedes. Not my cup of tea.

Do you see northern lights where you are?
Oh yes, though they aren't as bright as in your pictures. I would like to visit the Yukon or Nunavut one winter to see them up close and personal. One day.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

@WasabiPoptart, the doomweasels are ready to infiltrate!

[DOUBLEPOST=1449777784,1449777417][/DOUBLEPOST]
I moved out here when I got married and stayed after the divorce. I thought about moving back to Kingston, ON but I already had a job so I figured I'd give the province a chance. It's very lovely out here and not crowded at all.

Three cats at the moment and working on setting up my aquariums to have fish. I've had nearly everything as a pet, except for hairy spiders and centipedes. Not my cup of tea.

Oh yes, though they aren't as bright as in your pictures. I would like to visit the Yukon or Nunavut one winter to see them up close and personal. One day.
Take me with you!!

Bubble181

Bubble181

Take me with you!!

You know, it seems to me we'll just have to hold the next HF Get-together in Hawaii.

Emrys

Emrys

You know, it seems to me we'll just have to hold the next HF Get-together in Hawaii.
At WasabiPoptart's house.

Bubble181

Bubble181

At WasabiPoptart's house.
Wasn't there an invitation extended a while ago for staying over if we did the cleaning? You bring minions, I'll bring popcorn to eat while we watch them ;)

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

I call top bunk!

Bubble181

Bubble181

I call top bunk!
It's Hawaii. I call "hammock outside under the mosquito netting".

Emrys

Emrys

I call top bunk!
I'll take the bottom bunk.

Wait, you're not a bed wetter, are you?

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Holy crap my house is so small now that the 4 of us barely fit! And it's an inflatable mattress, not bunk beds. Though we could probably set up a large tent out on the lanai.[DOUBLEPOST=1449782163,1449782041][/DOUBLEPOST]
Take me with you!!
Bring purple Prince Snuffles

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

I'll take the bottom bunk.

Wait, you're not a bed wetter, are you?
No, but you can be on top if you want! :unibrow:

Emrys

Emrys

No, but you can be on top if you want! :unibrow:
Oh yeah!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Holy crap my house is so small now that the 4 of us barely fit! And it's an inflatable mattress, not bunk beds. Though we could probably set up a large tent out on the lanai.[DOUBLEPOST=1449782163,1449782041][/DOUBLEPOST]
Bring purple Prince Snuffles
But of course!!!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I'll even bring the giant one!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

image.jpg

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Lily might adopt it.

Emrys

Emrys

I've had more than four hours of sleep (melatonin is my friend!) but I have a choice between answering questions here or cleaning the kitchen. I'm sure you know which one I'm picking.

So, anyone have any questions or do I have to give in and get the mop?

PatrThom

PatrThom

What sort of a kitchen is it?

--Patrick

Emrys

Emrys

Flippin' internet went down. Bloody ice giants! Get the hell off my land! Oh well, I got the kitchen cleaned up.

A U-shaped kitchen with a breakfast nook next to it. It's very dated and laid out not very effectively, so my second remodeling plan for this house (the first is to replace all the windows) is to gut the kitchen and extend it into the nook area to give me more space. I need more cabinets; I want the dishwasher closer to the sink; I would like an island for prepwork and such.

Maybe I'll research kitchen designs rather than clean the bathroom. Hmmm....

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I have your back and here are some questions:

Favourite tv show?

Guilty pleasure tv show?

Do you read any magazines regulaly?

How many doom weasels live with you?

What's the mist you've had?

What's your favourite Christmas dinner side dish?

What's your idea of a perfect night in?

Did I ask ,y questions in time to help you avoid kitchen cleaning?

GasBandit

GasBandit

You ever go to eat a pork sausage, and find it's got hairs growin' all over it?

PatrThom

PatrThom

You ever do an AMA, and find out that guy is asking that question again?

--Patrick

Emrys

Emrys

I have your back and here are some questions:

Favourite tv show?
Mystery Science Theater 3000, without a doubt. After that, most of the older comedies put out by the BBC - The Young Ones, Red Dwarf, Are You Being Served?, Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Guilty pleasure tv show?
This one's difficult. I haven't watched TV in years, spending most of my time with the doomweasels, playing old computer games, or reading. My favourite guilty pleasure is watching old Vincent Price horror movies, especially the ones based on the works of Edgar Allan Poe. The sets are gorgeous; I love how much they wander away from the original stories, and Vincent is to die for. :heart:

Do you read any magazines regularly?
Consumer Reports, American Scientific, National Geographic, Discover, Conservation Magazine. I like natural science.

How many doom weasels live with you?
I have 14 at the moment - 4 in the upstairs area and 10 in the downstairs area. In all, living and dead, I've had 37 weasels. The biggest group I've ever had was 18. Fortunately, they all got along together (unlike this current headstrong group) so they could all live together, which made things easier.

What's the mist you've had?
We had had ice fog for the past 4 days. It deposited a thick layer of hoarfrost all over everything and while it's very pretty as long as you stay inside, it makes walking and driving dangerous. And because it's the result of high humidity, the cold sinks into my joints and makes everything ache even more. Needless to say, ice fog is not my friend.

What's your favourite Christmas dinner side dish?
Sweet potato casserole with a bit of brown sugar and pecans but no marshmallows because those are the work of Satan. I also like making a mashed potato and gravy volcano because I'm childish that way.

What's your idea of a perfect night in?
Curling up on the futon with a hot cup of tea, a good book, my Blanket of Security, and listening to the doomies jockey for the most comfortable spots under the blanket.

Did I ask ,y questions in time to help you avoid kitchen cleaning?
Unfortunately, no. I had lost my internet before I got your questions so I had to break down and clean the kitchen but at least it's clean now and I did some re-arranging so it's easier to find stuff.

Thank you for trying to divert my attention. :)[DOUBLEPOST=1451347487,1451347431][/DOUBLEPOST]
You ever go to eat a pork sausage, and find it's got hairs growin' all over it?
Yes, especially after I drop it on the floor and the weasels wrestle over it for a moment. Yummy.[DOUBLEPOST=1451347542][/DOUBLEPOST]
You ever do an AMA, and find out that guy is asking that question again?

--Patrick
Yes, and we love him for it, no matter how wierd wyrd weird he is.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

When are you visiting California? You know, just wondering. :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

Yes, especially after I drop it on the floor and the weasels wrestle over it for a moment. Yummy.
Whugh. That would chill me to this day.

Emrys

Emrys

Whugh. That would chill me to this day.
Believe me when I say that I do not eat food that has fallen to the floor.

Now, telling other people if the food dropped on the floor, that's a different story. :p[DOUBLEPOST=1451348661,1451348622][/DOUBLEPOST]
When are you visiting California? You know, just wondering. :p
Hmmmm... I could probably be persuaded. What's there to do in California? ;)

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

What's there to do in California? ;)
heeheeheehee . . .
innuendo.jpg

PatrThom

PatrThom

My favourite guilty pleasure is watching old Vincent Price horror movies, especially the ones based on the works of Edgar Allan Poe. The sets are gorgeous; I love how much they wander away from the original stories, and Vincent is to die for. :heart:
Those Corman films were...to die for.

I miss Vincent Price as well. Along with Cesar Romero, Ricardo Montalban, and Dick Van Dyke, they seem like some of the most gentlemanly gentlemen in Hollywood.

--Patrick

Emrys

Emrys

For no reason whatsoever.

Emrys

Emrys

How you doin'? :unibrow:[DOUBLEPOST=1451364058,1451364025][/DOUBLEPOST]
Those Corman films were...to die for.

--Patrick
:rimshot:

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I've had more than four hours of sleep (melatonin is my friend!) but I have a choice between answering questions here or cleaning the kitchen. I'm sure you know which one I'm picking.

So, anyone have any questions or do I have to give in and get the mop?
Who would you most like to head back to bed with?

Emrys

Emrys

Who would you most like to head back to bed with?
Real person, fictional, Halforumite?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

:unibrow:

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Why not answer for each category?

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I volunteer as tribute!

Emrys

Emrys

Why not answer for each category?
Real persons:
Vincent Price (yes, I know he's dead). Bernadette Peters. Young George Harrison. Stevie Nicks. James Taylor.

Fictional persons:
Not too many fictional characters twist my knickers like real people do. I do have the serious hots for Martin Freeman's character in Sherlock.

Halforumites:
I have a list. PM me to find out if you're on it. :D

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Vincent Price (yes, I know he's dead).
Kinky.

Tomorrow I'm gonna ask you how many PMs you received.

Emrys

Emrys

Hush, you.

Tomorrow I'm gonna ask you how many PMs you received.
LOL! I imagine that number is going to be zero. :)

GasBandit

GasBandit

What's your cell phone ringtone?

Emrys

Emrys

What's your cell phone ringtone?
For work - "Minimum Wage" by They Might Be Giants
Any ex-boyfriends on my list - "Cry Me a River" by Joe Cocker
My vet - "The Rainbow Connection"
For most everything else - "The Greatest Show Unearthed" by Creature Feature or "Bron Y Aur Stomp" by Led Zepplin

Emrys

Emrys

The new title is "I'm bored at work so AMA".

Anyone?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Do you have a favorite knock-off brand of pop/soda?
Not the major labels, mind you. It has to be a knock-off.

--Patrick

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

If you could vacation anywhere, where would you go?

GasBandit

GasBandit

You ever go to... wait, I did you already, didn't I?

Emrys

Emrys

Do you have a favorite knock-off brand of pop/soda?
Not the major labels, mind you. It has to be a knock-off.

--Patrick
The Sobey's grocery store has a really good store-brand of root beer and I'll get their brand of ginger ale when I'm not feeling well. Other than that, it's Coke or nothing.[DOUBLEPOST=1455819315,1455819186][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you could vacation anywhere, where would you go?
I would really love to visit the British Isles one day and go to all the out-of-the-way non-touristy places.

I'd also like to travel around and visit some of the people here.[DOUBLEPOST=1455819349][/DOUBLEPOST]
You ever go to... wait, I did you already, didn't I?
Nope, still waiting. :hump:

strawman

strawman

Are your doomweasels unusually long lived, or do you merely not talk about the ebb and flow of doomweasels to/from your estate (or am I just not reading/remembering posts you've made in the past)?

Given that you have an animal mascot (weasels) what is your weasel's mascot?

Do you need me to prod some students into needing your services at the last minute to relieve you of your boredom?

Emrys

Emrys

Are your doomweasels unusually long lived, or do you merely not talk about the ebb and flow of doomweasels to/from your estate (or am I just not reading/remembering posts you've made in the past)?

Given that you have an animal mascot (weasels) what is your weasel's mascot?

Do you need me to prod some students into needing your services at the last minute to relieve you of your boredom?
They usually live 7-9 years. I haven't lost anyone in a while but the day is coming in the next couple of years or so that I'm going to lose a bunch at the same time (most of my doomies are 5-6 years at the moment) and I'm going to be a wreck. You'll hear the wailing for miles.

My weasels all hope to grow up and be a wolverine one day, though some want to be giant sea otters, so it's a mixed bag. It's really bad when they decide to re-enact West Side Story as the Wolverines and the Otters but if I throw them a fresh victim or two, it usually calms them down.

Send me your children. I have candy, toys, movies, and crayons at my desk. I can keep all of us entertained for hours.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Nope, still waiting. :hump:

Emrys

Emrys

:rofl:

PatrThom

PatrThom

Oh look, he's offering to share his throne.

--Patrick

Emrys

Emrys

Oh look, he's offering to share his throne.

--Patrick
His generosity amuses and terrifies me.

strawman

strawman

Oh look, he's offering to share his automated weasel wash.
ftfy

Emrys

Emrys

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Doomweasel minion

Doomweasel minion

Momma's sick so we've taken over the house and computer. Ask us questions while we hoard the potatoes, steal underwear, and order expensive toys online.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Does your momma need some hot tea or a foot massage?

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

If you were a gift card, what shop or restaurant would you be for?

Doomweasel minion

Doomweasel minion

Does your momma need some hot tea or a foot massage?
Nah, she's got hot tea. Granted, we spilled it all over her when we brought it to her but I'm sure she'll get enough in her if she just grooms herself. And we're scratching her feet right now so she's getting lots of foot massage. She keeps kicking, though, which makes it very difficult. Some humans just have no gratitude.[DOUBLEPOST=1481827215,1481826895][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you were a gift card, what shop or restaurant would you be for?
We would be for places where you could get whole rabbit or lots of raw meat, preferably without all those nasty vegetables.

There's also this place that mom likes to visit called the "dookstore". She comes back with huge bags of stuff when she goes there. There don't seem to be any dooks in the bags but she is probably saving them to put under the tree for Christmas.

Oops, there goes the tree. So much for that idea.

Samael, WTF?!

strawman

strawman

granted, your currently weasely form is perfection, but if you couldn't be a weasel what would you be?

BananaHands

BananaHands

Is cheese the only acceptable ingredient on grilled cheese or will you allow other ingredients?

If so - what is your ideal ingredients?

Bonus question - what drink do you pair with your grilled cheese?

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Where in the blazes are my keys!? :censored:

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Be good to your mum @Doomweasel minion or I'll be forced to send Pudding out to love you!

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'll be forced to send Pudding out to love you!
I know it's my perverted mind, but now I'm curious what a cat-ferret hybrid would look like.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I know it's my perverted mind, but now I'm curious what a cat-ferret hybrid would look like.
Cute is what it would look like.

PatrThom

PatrThom

opossum7.jpg

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Doomweasel minion

Doomweasel minion

Well, we're in trouble. Momma is feeling well enough to investigate what we've been up to the past couple of days and found the ferretdepot.com order. And the PetSmart order. And the amazon.com order. Aaaaand the text messages to the cute black footed ferrets down in Grasslands National Park. And the empty bottles of peanut oil <burp>. So I think our free roam time is going to be severely cart... curk... cut off.[DOUBLEPOST=1482548958,1482548883][/DOUBLEPOST]
granted, your currently weasely form is perfection, but if you couldn't be a weasel what would you be?
Oh, definitely a wolverine! Not just for the claws and fangs but those long, long legs. I don't know how they got all the legs in the Mustelidae family. It's just not fair![DOUBLEPOST=1482549067][/DOUBLEPOST]
Where in the blazes are my keys!? :censored:
Stash #6, along with 3 pairs of socks, the case from a cell phone, a sock monkey, 5 chew toys, a cup of dried tasty chicken snack, and a rotted chicken wing. Momma doesn't know about that one yet <hee hee hee>.[DOUBLEPOST=1482549269][/DOUBLEPOST]
How are the other doomies doing?
They're doing well. Jebediah and McGillicuddy got a dig box full of peat moss and are learning mining and sapping techniques. We figure that will be an easier way to get into people's houses than going through windows or down chimneys...

I mean, we really like digging in dirt. Yes, digging. In dirt. Because it's dirty.

<damn>[DOUBLEPOST=1482549323][/DOUBLEPOST]
Be good to your mum @Doomweasel minion or I'll be forced to send Pudding out to love you!
Oh, please do. We love cats. They're delicious with garlic and drawn butter.[DOUBLEPOST=1482549420][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hoy! Hey baby, how you doin'? :unibrow:[DOUBLEPOST=1482549564][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey, Samael, get this number down. 784-...

Please post this again. We can't quite make out the last part of the phone number.

strawman

strawman

Good choice on the wolverine.

Cupcake

Cupcake

Oh, please do. We love cats. They're delicious with garlic and drawn butter.
We're too cute and fluffy to eat!

mikerc

mikerc

What is the difference between a squeexplode & a squeesplort?

What TV show that only lasted 1 season do you wish they'd made more of?

Are you getting more than 4 hours of sleep now?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Do you have a favorite pinball table and/or arcade cabinet?

What is your preferred body wash/bar soap, and in which scent?

How do you prepare garlic? Minced, pressed, from a shaker jar, or what?

Have you ever seen an episode of Hee Haw?

Did you ever do macaroni art?

--Patrick

Doomweasel minion

Doomweasel minion

What is the difference between a squeexplode & a squeesplort?
Oh, I can answer this! A squeexplode goes all over the walls and ceiling and we have to use the squeegee to clean up. A squeesplort is where she melts and it gets into the carpet and we need the sponge mop and carpet cleaner. We like squeesplorts because we can pretend the cleaner is a zambonie.

And because reaching the ceiling with the squeegee is difficult on account of our short legs.