It's October!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MLB Postseason begins today. Good matchups right off the bat. I look forward to watching the Yankees beat the Twins again this year.

ALDS

Rangers @ Rays (1:30pm)

Yankees @ Twins (8:30pm)

NLDS

Reds @ Phillies (5:00pm)

Braves @ Giants (Thursday 9:30pm)

I think everyone is counting the Giants out way too early. Pitching wins in the playoffs, and they have much better pitching than the Braves.

My prediction for the Pennant matches: Yankees v Rays, Rays winning 4 games to 2; Giants v Phillies, Phillies winning 4 games to 1. World Series: Rays v Phillies, Phillies in 7 games.

I say that as a Yankees fan - I don't think they'll beat the Rays and make it to the series, the way they've been playing lately.

As of the top of the 8th inning, the Twins are down 6-4, after being up 3-0 until the 6th.

Dave

Staff member
Yeah, they always do that against the Yankees. They go up early and then end up losing.

1) Holy fucking Halladay!

2) Hurray for the Yankees. I'm glad we're facing the Twins, It means no Cliff Lee until possibly the ALCS, and the Twins always give an exciting baseball game.

Now using simple extrapolation Roy Halladay is the greatest playoff pitcher in the history of baseball.

Also go whoever wins the first game so they can sweep the series and get this sport overwith for another year.

Yeah, they always do that against the Yankees. They go up early and then end up losing.
7 times straight in the playoffs against the Yankees. Each game, having a lead, and then losing. That's a bad streak. And 10 straight losses in the postseason overall.

How about Golson getting hosed by the umpires in the bottom of the 9th?

And yeah, Halladay was a goddamn machine. He's right up there with Don Larsen now.

Status
Not open for further replies.