Is beer an acquired taste?

Beer

• The first beer I had was delicious, and most since have been enjoyable.

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • I had to have a few beers before they tasted good, or I found one I liked.

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • While I can drink other beers, I really only enjoy two or three brands.

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Not a big fan of beer, but I'll drink it occasionally.

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Never liked beer.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Never had beer.

Votes: 4 6.9%

• Total voters

fade

Staff member
I like beer. My perennial favorite is Fat Tire, even if it has gone downhill. That's not me being hipster, either. Before it got popular, it was naturally carbonated and much higher in alcohol. The yeast sludge on the bottom was my favorite part.

Agreed. Fat Tire has lost some of its original appeal.

I started out drinking Moosehead and Guinness since that was around at the parties that I attended in college. I am now exploring all the NC varieties, which is quite a lot! I did have a Michigan beer this weekend that was really great. I will look up the name when I get home.

I also didn't like beer when I first started drinking. I will some IPAs, but I'd rather have a porter or a stout. Though, I have been liking some Belgian-white varieties this summer.

figmentPez

Staff member
I like beer. My perennial favorite is Fat Tire, even if it has gone downhill. That's not me being hipster, either. Before it got popular, it was naturally carbonated and much higher in alcohol. The yeast sludge on the bottom was my favorite part.
That reminds me of when my sister was making naturally carbonated/fermented soda. That was really tasty stuff, almost nothing like commercial sodas.