Introduce Yourself!

Hrm. As much as the student of English Philology in me enjoys a good deconstruction of differences between British and American English, I am still disappointed that the General did not inform you of the abominable nature of pants.

Still, for the sake of continued camaraderie and being raised to be polite to the fairer sex, I will withhold enmities over the matter. Welcome aboard. Just don't mention steak; only darkness awaits on that path. Darkness and pain. And references to canine genitalia.

Oh, North Ranger! You know the song of my people. Philology is also where my background lies, but I studied German language/history/literature as well as creative writing and have experience with studying both American English and British English. I also studied Spanish for 10 years and Italian for 1. You have major points in my book. Does having a fondness for pretty dresses put me ahead?

As Gen Spec mentioned earlier, my time has been occupied as of late. Also, if I post from his house under the same IP address, it might have looked suspect. I assure you that I'm a really real person despite being a non-kosher Dill. He has given me a run-down of the steak situation. Clearly, there is ONLY one way for a steak to be prepared and that way is- Oh, a bunny! Look at the widdle cutesy wootsy bunny! Iz so adorablez! I want a bunny. Why don't I have a bunny? Gen Spec, let's get a bunny!

North_Ranger

Staff member
Oh, North Ranger! You know the song of my people. Philology is also where my background lies, but I studied German language/history/literature as well as creative writing and have experience with studying both American English and British English. I also studied Spanish for 10 years and Italian for 1. You have major points in my book. Does having a fondness for pretty dresses put me ahead?
Provide photographic evidence and we'll discuss :D

As Gen Spec mentioned earlier, my time has been occupied as of late. Also, if I post from his house under the same IP address, it might have looked suspect. I assure you that I'm a really real person despite being a non-kosher Dill. He has given me a run-down of the steak situation. Clearly, there is ONLY one way for a steak to be prepared and that way is- Oh, a bunny! Look at the widdle cutesy wootsy bunny! Iz so adorablez! I want a bunny. Why don't I have a bunny? Gen Spec, let's get a bunny!

Dammit, woman! Bunnies, kittens and babies cause my higher cerebral functions to D'AAAAWWWWWWWWWWW SOOOO KEEEWT! <3

What? Do you want a copy of my two degrees and a transcript? Oh, did you mean proof of the pretty dress situation? That I can do.

Pretty Dress Example Nr 1:

I believe Gen Spec already posted a picture of me in one of my favorite burgundy dresses (see above).

Also....

HEART=MELTED

North_Ranger

Staff member
Evidence is accepted. Although the link under the spoiler seems to be broken. Which is good, because I think I would die if my heart melted. Or at least I think that would hurt like the dickens.

Ross

Staff member
I'm re-introducing myself since I haven't posted in a couple of years...

Hi! I'm Mark, I'm a meteorologist and I like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. You might remember me from such things as the Halforum Podcasts and as "that guy who likes to post about the weather."

I REMEMBER YOU!

I was just thinking about you the other day when it suddenly went from sun to rain while I was walking. I was like "I bet that guy that used to do that halforums weather reports would have known about this."

Good Day Halforums

Found the forum on Tapatalk. I note with alarm that you seem to be an eccentric, obscene and deviant community. Love your work. I bring same, including some skewed biased opinions that will provide fresh bait for trolling, contempt and conjecture. My name is Will. I do not have boobs (well midlife manboobs do not count).
Nice to meet you.

Thanks for the welcome all. Any thread with some background on the forum, and the demographics? I think it is important to know who one is being irreverent towards.

Welcome WillG!

I don't actually know of a whole...'Compendium of Halforums' thread. But if you lurk in the Random Crap Thread, Epic Win, any of the Rant threads, you can get a feel for what people are like.

I'm..kind of shy and I mostly lurk in my cosplay thread or in the main threads in the 'general' section.

I hope you have as much fun here as I do! :)

North_Ranger

Staff member
Do not mock the sauna, Finland or my mother, and we should get along just fine, you and me.

Other than that... well, the demographics are skewed towards the American/Canadian demographic between 25 to 40 enjoying a wide range of geeky pastimes, with a fair smattering of artistic talent, weird humor and (most often) good-natured ribbing towards each other's tastes. Also, due to the history of Halforums, PvP and Scott Kurtz tend to get somewhat harsher treatment. Also, many of the male forumites sport beards.

Hahah I gave up on my beard, tried to look distinguished, but the patchy growth was more biased towards extinguished. I'm based in SA. So you have assurance of some cannon fodder :)

Do not mock the sauna, Finland or my mother, and we should get along just fine, you and me.
Sometimes we rib each other good-naturedly though, especially when someone reveals their berserk buttons so openly. Watch.

*ahem*

Your mother's a Swede who wears sauna pants!

Ok, now it's Ranger's turn. My berserk buttons are Taiwan's international status and having someone point out I'm a desperately lonely otaku.