Indy 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look o nthe bright side. I'd rather get a Ford/Connery Indy movie, than a LeBullcrap/Ford one; and it's likely mostly the same storyline we'd have gotten that way, too.

C

Cuyval Dar

But... I thought they killed Connery's character off?
Zombie Connery?
:007: + :zombie:

EDIT: I am a god of tags.
Can someone else add "spielberg tapes it" and "while masturbating furiously"?

K

Kitty Sinatra

The thread tags have certainly become another source of amusement for us, but they sure are useless for their intended purpose.

I dunno. If I was looking for a thread about Indy 5, "George Lucas is a dick" and "raping my childhood" would probably pop in my mind :-P

It's a trap to get us to watch indy 4 again to see if they actually said he was dead or just implied it.

T

ThatNickGuy

Because like the other ones, it was a fun, light-hearted action flick that heralded back to the old pulp adventure novels.

Before going in to see it, I read someone's thoughts on the movie:
-The originals were meant to be an homage to the old 30s/40s pulps, which included Nazi's, strange undiscovered countries/jungles, mysticism, etc.
-Because Ford aged, they had to age the character, therefore the homage. Therefore, the homage turned to 50s/60s pulps, which included space exploration, alien and government conspiracies, Russians, the nuclear family, etc.

Sure, some of it was corny (the monkeys), but overall, it was just a fun action adventure film. I felt like a kid again watching it.

J

JONJONAUG

Wait, this is real?

I thought Connery left the movie biz for good a while back.

The sexist shit fest that it was. Can you imagine a more annoying female character then that dumb broad?
I, uh.

I....
um....

well....

ladies and gentlemen, uh....

And I think Indy V is not just stupid people on the internet, I think Ford, Lucas, or Spielberg or some combination of those folks said they were waiting or working on a script. The Connery thing is probably bullshit since he is retired.

A

Alucard

wait but i thought in indy 4 his dad was dead so how can they bring him back?

C

Chibibar

I like Indy 4 for what it is.

sure if you think all indy's movies are suppose to be religious artifacts, but I think the aliens were ok.

It was just a fun movie to watch.

C

Chibibar

It was just a fun movie to watch.
No it wasn't... and not because of the aliens... but then again only the 1st one is truly good (having Marion back was nice, even if it came with Shia LeBouf).[/QUOTE]

well.. you don't like it. I like it :) maybe I should have said "It was just a fun movie to watch FOR ME" ;)

there fixed.

T

ThatNickGuy

No, you tell yourself that if you legitimately liked the movie.

Quit trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.