(IIHF) World Juniors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody call your mother! Canada down 2-0 after 1, 5-1 after 2, 6-1 in the third has fought back to 5-6 with 5 min to go!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Well, too bad Canada couldn't play like they did in the last 10 minutes all throughout. I was watching at the bar and therefore couldn't hear the announcers so I do don't know what the shots on goal were, but it definitely felt like the Canadians were outshooting the Russians, but those Russian goaltenders just shut us down. NEARLY made that comeback though.
On to the Bronze medal game, I suppose. Go Sweden.

(My friend made a $20 bet with some German guy at the bar who was rooting for Russia. Guess who had to pay up? It was not my friend, and it certainly wasn't the German guy. He and his friends turned out to be pretty cool though. Going to meet up and try to catch a Leafs game soon.)
Added at: 07:52
So this is the Canadian Little League World Series? I kid. No one in America cares this much about the Little League World Series.
Its true Canada puts a lot of arguably undue attention on this internation tournament over others. I could go into it, but I won't cause I'm kinda tipsy, tired and I work tomorrow.

On the last Russian goal, the Canadian that got called for the penalty is going to have a hard time dealing with his mistake.

I like the Little League World Series analogy. That'd make the Memorial Cup the hockey equivalent of the College World Series.

Well, Bronze for Canada highlighted by a shut out for Visentin with a save that would make a sailor blush with shame.

I'm going to rant a bit. I keep hearing people completely shit on getting the bronze medal, and even questioning the state of Canadian hockey like there's a friggin' epidemic cause Canada hasn't gold the last 3 years. Seriously, you know Silver and Bronze are still achievements, right? Yeah, no gold for 3 years, but this is the first time since 2001 they didn't play in the Gold Medal game, and the last year Canada went without a medal was 1998. Thats a good damn record of play.
So what its not first place? Its still third. We are quick to berate a parent who tells their kid B+ isn't good enough, but we're going to jump on these 17-20 year olds for a bronze friggin' medal in an international competition?
Don't get me wrong, I am bummed Canada didn't go to the gold medal game, it sucks they lost to the Russians. But, there's a reason that Russia is our biggest hockey rival. They are good. You know? Its not like Canada lost to a team that barely qualified, or like they lost to even a good team like Finland or Switzerland, they lost to a POWERHOUSE team that is one of few that can consistently claim to be Canada's equal. And it was by one goal, in a high scoring game. That is nothing to be ashamed in, and a bronze is nothing to scoff at, even if it isn't gold.
My point is, even though I'd be upset to not get a chance to play for gold, if I were to take the bronze medal home from an international competition, I'd be damned proud.

Yeah, the Russians will play their third overtime game of the tournament, and the Swedes their second.
Well, Bronze for Canada highlighted by a shut out for Visentin with a save that would make a sailor blush with shame.
I had to miss the game cause y'know, work. What was this save you speak of?

From behind the net, off the back of his head, off the crossbar, down his back then grabbed out of the air just before it crossed the line with a blind spinning backfist mitt save.

Status
Not open for further replies.