I prefer CAD to PvP

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cuyval Dar

because Buckley is at least consistent, and doesn't over-extend himself with stupid side projects (here's lookin' atcha, AssetBar) that inevitably fail due to a short attention span.

In the last 6 months, I have had maybe a chuckle or 2 at a PvP strip.
And while CAD isn't one continuous laugh track, I have enjoyed it more.

tl;dr Buckley is less of a hack than Kurtz

Bring it, Kurtz cocksuckers.

Case in point, this recent story arc with Cole's father. Who apparently cannot remember being on a TV show for 4 or 5 strips, and now suddenly recalls it.

I always preferred CAD to PVP, even back when we were on Halfpixel. The reasons are numerous. Though Kurtz has "grown" as a better artist, I still prefer CAD's style of comic strip.

C

Cuyval Dar

I always preferred CAD to PVP, even back when we were on Halfpixel. The reasons are numerous. Though Kurtz has "grown" as a better artist, I still prefer CAD's style of comic strip.
And from what I've noticed from lurking on the CAD forums for years, Buckley tends to interact with his fans more.
And not in a "Fuck you its funny" or 'You-guys-are-assholes-who- aren't-sucking-my-dick-constantly-so-I'm-going-to-nuke-the-forums' sort of way.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

Maybe so, but CAD is on my daily checklist. PVP is not.
Oh, I agree. I took PvP off of my bookmarks a long time ago.
CAD, coincidentally, is in the same place it has been for years, in between PA and QC.

I used to not read CAD. I read it a lot more lately. the comics used to be too damn wordy. The watch-phrase in comics, as in TV, needs to be "show, don't tell"

Evidently he's recently gotten the message...his recent comics are a lot less wordy and rely on visuals to get the message across.

He's still as graceful as a moose when he tries to do real relationship story arcs, though.

C

Cuyval Dar

I used to not read CAD. I read it a lot more lately. the comics used to be too damn wordy. The watch-phrase in comics, as in TV, needs to be "show, don't tell"

Evidently he's recently gotten the message...his recent comics are a lot less wordy and rely on visuals to get the message across.

He's still as graceful as a moose when he tries to do real relationship story arcs, though.
The disapointment that was the Francis' virginity arc?
And what about Reggie and Miranda? As I recall, that relationship was played up and fizzled into nothing.

Not that I'm saying Buckley couldn't improve, but Kurtz is just as bad, if not worse.

As a side note:
IMO, the only reason Kurtz is where he is is because he rode Gabe and Tycho's coattails to fame.

G

GeneralOrder24

You know, it's almost like Buckley is growing up into a real life responsable adult, while Kurtz is degenerating into an immature child-like fantasy land.

P

Philosopher B.

PVP has definitely managed to get more laughs from me (probably most of those were Straub-suggested punchlines, lol), though I no longer read either.

M

meyoumeyou

Does it count that I've technically gotten way more laughs out of CAD due to spoofs of it?

C

Cuyval Dar

Does it count that I've technically gotten way more laughs out of CAD due to spoofs of it?
Yes.

You can't help but wonder whether Buckley had the idea of people making parodies of such a overly-dramatic strip all along.

P

Philosopher B.

I gotta say, I used to laugh pretty uproariously at all the CAD edits back on Halfpixel and whatnot.

T

TwoBit

I don't read CAD, but I still occasionally read PVP. Not because I enjoy it anymore, but simply out of habit.

Q

Qonas

Occasionally chuckled at CAD (never bookmarked it), usually laughed at PVP, don't read either now.

I read PvP less and less often, mostly because I think Scott's humour has moved away from mine, but I've never liked CAD, just because I think it's a pain to read.

I don't know if it's because he thinks himself a lyricist of prowess never before seen until the coming of Kanye, or whether he just thinks it's important that readers remember that he's literate, but I've almost never seen a CAD strip where he couldn't have told the joke faster, and funnier, with less text.

It's practically the only thing you can't make fun of the miscarriage strip for.

Cajungal

Staff member
We got a report about this being in flame wars first. Thing is it's pretty calm in here. I don't know who moved it, but if it gets flamey we'll move it back I guess.

K

Kitty Sinatra

Oh my god, I just bought this new silk shirt. It's looks just fabulous on me, but I haven't got any shoes to . . . oh, wait. that's flaming, not flamey.

umm. . .fuck you guys, I'm funny

Status
Not open for further replies.