I need help

I really like sweets; it's one of my downfalls. This week I tried something. I avoided all foods with added sugar. There's so much of it in everything that it was difficult. The only exception was bread, but I bought a fresh loaf that had less added sugar than supermarket bread.

Today was the first day I've had sweets. A student brought chocolate pie for a preemptive Pi day celebration. I ate half a slice and didn't feel too well afterwards. I felt a headache come on and I felt tired. Maybe it was because of the sugar--maybe not. Either way, I didn't miss dessert as much as I thought.

It was an interesting experiment. I think I'll keep this up. I'm feeling very well lately.
The headache could have been from eating sugar, or it could have been the onset of a withdrawal headache from avoiding sugar for a week - that's about when mine hit. Congrats on staying away from added sugar for a week, that's awesome.

Cajungal

Staff member
The headache could have been from eating sugar, or it could have been the onset of a withdrawal headache from avoiding sugar for a week - that's about when mine hit. Congrats on staying away from added sugar for a week, that's awesome.
I'd wondered about that. Last time I tried this I got withdrawal symptoms after just 2-3 days. Then again last time I tried this I was eating more junk.

Six pounds isn't much! I think I've lost some weight since I started subbing/interning at the elementary school. I drink more water at school. Talking to the class in an air conditioned room makes my mouth dry. Plus I'm on my feet a lot more. I've been missing out on the treats since I'm only there a few days per week. Though I did get Chinese food for lunch one day in the break room and ice cream with my 2nd graders on the last day before spring break!

Since going to the therapist and feeling slightly more relaxed, I've gained...6 kilos in 2 months. Damn. :( Stress really helps the weight stay off for me :p