I have an announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Florida,

36 - 14

South Carolina clinches the SEC East title and will go to the SEC Championship game for the first time ever. There we will face Auburn for the 2nd time this season. SC lost round 1 due to an inability to stop Cam Newton, we'll see what happens this next time.

So.

Can I be the first to suggest a "Vacated National Championship" pool?

I'll take July 21st.
Added at: 07:11

but it makes the students feel good. Don't you see Dave? Everyone that goes to a bowl game is a winner!

Dave

Staff member
but it makes the students feel good. Don't you see Dave? Everyone that goes to a bowl game is a winner!
Except that almost all of the 70 - yes, you read that right - teams who had bowl bids lost money. Only a few made any money at all. So the schools who made it lost money and had to make up for it. How would they do that, anyway? Maybe by raising rates?

I say the BCS is BAD not only for college football but the entire student body and colleges as a whole.

And all this about the bowls going away is a load of horseshit. Why can't you have the bowls be PART OF THE PLAYOFFS*? Problem Solved!

And bullshit excuse torn down.

Also, as far as the sport that has a playoff system and also holds it at neutral sites? What sport could we look to?

But, of course, we all know that playoffs just won't work in Collegiate Football.

* - I feel a bit of explanation is needed. What I really mean is that the bowls would be used as round 1 of say, an 8-team playoff tree or what have you. All the bowls would still be played and all the bowls would remain intact as-is, we'd just get a few extra games as well. More football is never a bad thing, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.