[Question] I am thinking about becoming a vegetarian and I have a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cajungal

Staff member
Mmmm, Morningstar black bean burgers. I live to cut those up and throw em in a salad with romaine and avocado.

best store bought veggie burgers I've had were Lick's Nature burgers. Friggin' EXCELLENT. Do not buy Yves veggie burgers though, dry as sand.

Basically, my experience is that there is one good brand of anything.

Morningstar Farms: Chicken Nuggets, black bean burgers, Buffalo wings, corn dogs, bacon, breakfast sausage
Field Roast: Other sausages (frankfurters, italian, apple sage or spicy Mexican chipotle - sweet zombie Jesus those things are good)
Tofurkey: Roast and sliced turkey

Trust me - I've been through a lot of really lousy substitutes to get to these.
Morning Star breakfast sausage is EXCELLENT!

I also like their BBQ ribs.

I don't mind their tofurkey deli slices, or their veggie dogs. Unfortunately, Yves is pretty much all that most of the grocery stores around here carry. You need to go to either a Whole Foods or a SuperStore to get any real variety with vegetarian food around here.

I have tried 2 different brands of soy bacon and so far both have been pretty good. The first one I tried was Morningstar's bacon and I enjoyed it. But I also saw how heavily processed it was and so I decided to try Lightlife's smart bacon since it was fairly minimally processed. And while I think I may prefer Morningstar's bacon a bit I will probably buy Lightlife's smart bacon if I need a bacaon substitute since it is less calories and it is not so heavily processed.

Okay, Poptart, back that up right there. Morningstar Farms veggie bacon is crisp, salty goodness that, while lacking the chewy, greasy parts of real bacon, makes a damned fine BLT or pizza topping.
I admit I didn't try Morningstar Farms (who makes really good burgers, mini corn dogs and breakfast sausage btw). I am pretty sure it was Smart Bacon but it's been quite a few years so it may have been another brand my store carried. I could not get it out of my mouth fast enough (Nick, prom night, you know the drill.). The only thing I have eaten that was worse was green tea yogurt which still gives me a shiver down my spine just thinking about it.

Yeah, like I said - one good version of everything. It took me years of suffering to find good hot dogs. I got lucky with the bacon (which also bears similarities to Nick's Prom Night 2: Down On the Farm).

GasBandit

Staff member
Busy at work, I grab a production order... from the copy, it's from "International Vegetarian Whatever" but it's a computer printout and the field for "client" was only long enough to display "International Vegeta."

So naturally I wrote on the form, "over 9000."

I found vegetarian bacon for the first time ever today. It's not a brand that's been mentioned though.
Let's see how this goes:

Picture 39.jpg

Picture 41.jpg

Edit: NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.