Hurricanes and Tropical Storms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
So Hurricane Earl has strengthened into a Category 4 and Jim Cantori has been sighted in North Carolina, which bodes ill for that state.

Now in the depths of the Cape Verde Islands Tropical Storm GASTON has formed and looks to grow fast.

We have work to do, people! We need to write a theme song for GASTON. I wonder what tune we could use....I think Espy and Tin should do the music and CajunGal should sing it...

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Ross could give us some great weather terms to throw into the lyrics...

In fact, should this be September's Contest?!?

Dave

Staff member

Okay. I think this will be the September contest. Prize won't be that spectacular because I'm basically broke, but it'll be fun. Let me right up the rules & stuff.

Basically it'llbe to rewrite the lyrics for Hurricane Gaston.

Hurricane Earl... Hurricane Gaston... aren't we all in the middle of the same hurricane? This hurricane... called life?

Ross

Staff member
Sup.

I wanted to be at the Outer Banks for Earl, but scheduling conflicts with work wouldn't allow it. My chasing buddy went down there and live streamed the event near Nags Head.

Here comes Igor... not really. It's likely going to swing back out into the Atlantic before it hits the U.S. ...though that's still 1.5 weeks away.

Area of interest in the southern Caribbean could be the greater risk if it gets going. Models showing it developing into a weak storm before hitting the Yucatan and then northern Mexico (because they haven't gotten enough tropical systems yet). All that could change, though... still at least a week out.

The storms in the Atlantic keep forming too far east! Too much time for them to develop and curve north before reaching North America. Good for some, but I'm trying to get out to chase one of these suckers!

Jargin:

Fish Storm - A tropical system that doesn't hit land (it's one for the fishies!)

Invest - An area of tropical interest that has the potential to spawn a tropical system.

Yeah I haven't been on here in over a week. I launched MAD US Weather with my chasing buddy, and it's almost to the 1.0 stage. It has all the weather news you want, while keeping out the bullshit. Focuses on the U.S. and the Mid-Atlantic, with reports, forecasts, summaries and storm chasing.

So... that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.