How to play Left 4 Dead (2).

And if you're having trouble keeping track of everyone, you can put nicknames for people on your friend's list by right click their name. This helps you keep track of them if they change names.

I'm busy tonight and tomorrow night (unless people are on pretty late), but I'm free after that for any night!

fade

Staff member
I've got a gaming headset. I just successfully soldered the wires back together after my daughter decided to play tilt-a-whirl on my desk chair and wound the wire around it until it shredded in two.

GasBandit

Staff member
Would the little PS4 headset work with a PC? It has a normal audio jack.
I think the PS4 headsets use the CTIA connector, which is not quite a standard 3.5mm jack. You'll need a special adapter that splits it into two plugs, one for the mic (usually red) and one for the speakers (usually green).[DOUBLEPOST=1435360207,1435360035][/DOUBLEPOST]Like this -

Amazon product

I so enjoy getting yanked off ledges. It is the best. Better than trying to reload and hitting strafe right out a window instead though. >.>

I'll try to be up for this again soon... had to repair my headset last night with super glue and don't want to try wearing it until it's cured.

GasBandit

Staff member
Youtube is gagging on trying to process the video. Maybe I should have broke it into smaller chunks rather than one 55 minute marathon run.

To be fair, that's only my second time playing it, ever.

And man did it fucking show.
Again, at least you didn't dive out a window when trying to reload. ;)

On that note, I really need to remap those hotkeys because they are so awkward.

GasBandit

Staff member
Again, at least you didn't dive out a window when trying to reload. ;)

On that note, I really need to remap those hotkeys because they are so awkward.
Well, he DID leap off a third story mall balcony to try to save you. With 1 health. In the middle of me telling him not to jump.

It was pretty funny.

UGH THIS IS SO FOREVER-TAKING </cheryltunt> It's up in 360p but that's unwatchable. Processing for HD is coming slowly, I am guessing. Next time, I definitely cut it into level-by-level chunks and upload in multiple parts.

Edit 480p's up... Soooo I guess probably another hour will see us at 1080p.

Last edited:
Well that was the time I got snagged by a smoker while you guys were about to turn off the alarm. That was not user error, that was bad luck.

GasBandit

Staff member
Here it is, the quality will get better the longer you wait to view it. now in full 1080p.

Starring:
GasBandit as Coach
Null as Nick
Dei as Rochelle
and Terrik as Ellis

@Officer_Charon this is the level that's supposed to be set in Savannah.[DOUBLEPOST=1435592721,1435592624][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well that was the time I got snagged by a smoker while you guys were about to turn off the alarm. That was not user error, that was bad luck.
Your fall was understandable. His was comedy :D[DOUBLEPOST=1435593022][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh sure, soon as I say that NOW it's in 1080p. Makin' me look good there, 'tube.

What's a good cheap headset? And it'll be more like "(Null speaking Angrish / dropping cluster F-bombs)"

figmentPez

Staff member
Since I can't find that anyone has mentioned it yet Down in front! This is mostly for hallways, but any time you can't move forward, or don't need to be moving fast while you're shooting, crouch. This will make it easier for your teammates to provide supporting fire.

GasBandit

Staff member
Since I can't find that anyone has mentioned it yet Down in front! This is mostly for hallways, but any time you can't move forward, or don't need to be moving fast while you're shooting, crouch. This will make it easier for your teammates to provide supporting fire.
I try, sometimes I forget. You can see me crouching as we go through that first door there ;)

Right?! Damn. I remember when I used to play all the time, and I'd constantly be on teams with people creating team-wiping choke points because they wouldn't fucking crouch in a hall or a door. I can't support you if all I can see is the back of your FUCKING HEAD WHICH I WILL FRANKLY SHOOT WITH ABANDON IF YOU DO THIS AGAI--

You may have brought up some stuff.

Interesting to watch... from an outside perspective, and something I'm guilty of, sometimes, but y'all need to communicate more about targets and danger areas, stuff like that.

GasBandit

Staff member
Interesting to watch... from an outside perspective, and something I'm guilty of, sometimes, but y'all need to communicate more about targets and danger areas, stuff like that.
We got better as time went on. At first, I wasn't sure about the experience level of everybody I was playing with (aside from Null, his second time EVAR), and I didn't want to be condescending to people who knew what they were about.